SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.
I used a wooden dowel to cycle the mags about 15 times and will now leave them loaded to capacity for a week. I ordered a charging handle stabilizer from gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/582721251
It seems to do the trick, have yet to test it.

quote:
Originally posted by USMC1302Colt:
quote:
Originally posted by Manoloiv:
Greetings,

I have a gen 2 mpx with roughly 500-600 rnds through it (PMC 115) and gen 2 mags. When i load the mags with 27 or more rounds it occasionally fails to go into battery when loading from a closed bolt with the charging handle. The gun is properly lubricated. It seems to me that the mag springs are tight and are putting too much pressure on the rounds. I have 9 mags which i am rotating so each mag has no more than 2-3 cycles of 27 rounds.

Please share your thoughts.

Manoloiv

Update after one week of leaving the mags fully loaded. My MPX is a Gen 2, manufactured Jul 2 2016, all gen 2 mags. The mags are improving with only one of 6 contiuing to fail to go into battery when sling shotting the charging handle and when sending the bolt home with the bolt release. The spring tension remains high on all mags and it requires a good bit of force to sling shot the charging handle. And by the way, the slop in handle remains and damage is occurring to the rear of the upper and lower receiver.

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smokey0:

MRO has never seen combat.

Prove it.

I think with three posts it's up to you to prove it has. Just sayin.

The whole idea that my legitimacy in life is determined by the number of posts I make on forums is so ridiculous on it's face that I have no response to such a damning inquisition.

But I digress, let me further splain my comments (to those of you from Rio Lindo). The MRO is built with combat in mind and it can be said that it has "combat durability." There are several reasons this can be said of the optic starting with the company that manufactures them. Trijicon has more optics on carbines and rifles in the United States Marine Corps than any other manufacturer. Trijicon also has optics on a fair amount of carbines in the Untied States Army. Now, these models are the ACOG line of 4x BDC scopes. They have been proven in combat through over a decade of fighting in the Global War on Terror.

I have my own experience with the Trijicon ACOG in the Marine Corps and in Afghanistan, and I can tell that they're extremely durable and I trust my life with them. Drawing from my own experience with Trijicon in addition to it's well deserved combat reputation across our forces, I feel confident in making the inference that the MRO is built for the fight. Which, would imply that they have "combat durability," without having to say that they have "seen combat."

Getting back to the gentleman who asked the question about the H2 and the Razor; for a weapon you may have to depend your life and the lives of your family on, I would choose the Aimpoint.

To further help, I suggested the Trijicon MRO as an optic that you can depend your life on and is a better value for the hard earned dollar and is American made if that matters to you. At the very least it's worth your time to look into it.

So you admit even though Trijicon has OTHER proven optics the MRO itself has never seen a battlefield?

Just because Ford makes the Mustang doesn't mean every car they build will perform like a Mustang.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Form 1 for SBR came back today, 5.5 months to the day. The MPX is already engraved so I'm ready to rock! Man that was a painful wait...

Took 5.5 months, as well, for my eForm 1.
In discussion with my FFL, he pointed out those that submitted Form 1 and/or Form 4s before 01 April 2016 are seeing about 5 month turnaround; those submitting after 01 April are caught in the mass submissions because of ATF 41P change; they may have to wait 9 months or more. So, be happy it was only a 5.5 month wait. Smile

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The whole idea that my legitimacy in life is determined by the number of posts I make on forums is so ridiculous on it's face that I have no response to such a damning inquisition.

Easy cowboy! maddy never mentioned your life being legitimized by post counts so I think you're being just a little over dramatic. He was simply pointing out that since you're new around these parts that maybe if you had some references to back your claim it would help folks get to know you a little better.

It's a great community here and we all, for the most part, get along. We don't always agree with each other and we don't mind pointing out BS, but it's a place we can all grow in our knowledge of firearm-related subjects and life in general.

So, welcome to Sigforum. It's a great place with a lot of helpful and friendly people.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
quote:

Easy cowboy! maddy never mentioned your life being legitimized by post counts so I think you're being just a little over dramatic. He was simply pointing out that since you're new around these parts that maybe if you had some references to back your claim it would help folks get to know you a little better.

It's a great community here and we all, for the most part, get along. We don't always agree with each other and we don't mind pointing out BS, but it's a place we can all grow in our knowledge of firearm-related subjects and life in general.

So, welcome to Sigforum. It's a great place with a lot of helpful and friendly people.

A simple post of "Prove it" comes off to me as someone trolling. I mentioned post count as I have very few other posts to judge him by.

If he is sincere hopefully he will come back and give this another try.

If he isn't sincere then he won't be around long.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Guys can we please keep this thread about the MPX and not a pissing contest about which optic is better?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

So, welcome to Sigforum. It's a great place with a lot of helpful and friendly people.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, glad to be here. I joined into this forum because I was looking to add another 9mm sub gun to the arsenal and ended up with an MPX from a local gun store. I bought the MPX over a Zenith MKE ZP-5 (MP-5 Clone), and the Scorpion; because I found the ergos to be superior and I liked the supposed modularity of the platform (but the mag prices are a punch in the stomach).

I had read about the gun in Recoil and watched the Military Arms Channel videos as well as the TFB video; so I was familiar with it. But, I have to be honest, I should have read this forum before I put $2,665 (MPX-PSB, 5 extra mags, Trijicon MRO, and a Streamlight TLR-1) into the weapon system. When I took the gun out to shoot for the first time I had a stuck casing in the first few rounds, none of the magazines would feed reliably, the charging handle causes damage to the rear of the receiver and I got very sub-par accuracy at 25 yards out of it regardless of ammo (115gr RN, 124gr HP, 147gr HP, 115gr HP). After reading through the forum, it was clear that many of the guns had nagging issues.

I made sure the barrel was torqued to the right pounds. I have been working the mags and the feeding is improving (stiff springs) and I haven't had any more stuck casings or other failures since. So at this point, I'm still evaluating the system for it's reliability, but don't trust it yet.

Shooting it side by side with my Uzi Pro SB, its definitely more ergonomic and softer shooting, but oddly enough I'm getting better accuracy out of the Uzi and it has never skipped a beat in terms of reliability (and the mags are only $20 a piece!).

I'm hoping it will break in and run the reliably enough to trust my life on. I don't tend to hang onto weapon systems that I can't rely on.

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
OK, off the who's scope is bigger than who's part of the thread and back to MPX fun! ;-)

Took my newly Form 1 approved MPX to the range and man what a blast! The trigger job I had done really lightened it up, though I really should have just waited and done an S3G but hey this will work for now. 4.5" threaded barrel with the 8" sized barrel hand guard, so I ran my Guardian 9mm Suppressor for 100-150 rounds and then switched over to a flakey suppressor (that's there just to extend the barrel beyond the hand guard). I ran a mix of cheapy (some AL cased) and good ammo, for the first 150 or so rounds I had no issues (besides operator error, not seating the mag well enough).

THEN I bought 100 rounds of Blazer Aluminum and let the $hit show begin! Man the MPX hated this ammo. FTF and FTEs throughout, every 4-5 rounds on average (I would guess). Plus primers were being blown out of the cases? Like extracted, loose dropping out, repeatedly; what the heck? A few unfired primer hits too.

The gunsmith at the range took a look and was baffled as well, maybe a batch of marginal Blazer Aluminums that the MPX didn't like and exposed an issue? I have no idea, it was very odd. Switch back to higher quality ammo and there were no issues. Weird.

Note to self, more time at the range with the MPX and don't use Blazer Aluminum.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I am back again, but this time with some more pictures! Gotta show off some brand new parts for my Gen 1 MPX-K. Today was a good day coming home from work: not only was my Kate Moss stock sitting on my doorstep, but so was my Lancer carbon fiber handguard! I put the pre-order in for the 10" version back in August after waiting all summer for Lancer to begin accepting orders.

Being able to run a can with my K's 4.5" barrel, to keep the length down, was one of the biggest draws for me to this platform. Getting a 10" handguard to extend over the suppressor and let me streeeetch out a little bit: coolness. Having it made out of carbon fiber to not only reduce weight, but also cut down on transferred heat: amazing! And after throwing on my Seekins Precision M20 AFG, it is fully ready to kick ass and take names.

The only question I have to answer now (opinions are welcome), is whether to continue using a single BUIS mounted to the front of the rifle, or use one mounted to the front of each handguard. I would only need to place an M-LOK rail section on the top front of the Lancer handguard.

Update: My Gen 2 mags continue to run flawlessly with the Gen 1 MPX.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Looking good there hooah09.

4.5" and 6.5" bbls are going into production now.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I'm green with envy when I see your sbrs guys! Someday I'll get mine done.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Franklin Armory Marketing
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think of our new Triumvir muzzle device?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Franklin Armory Marketing,

Sun Naegele
Marketing
Franklin Armory
Morgan Hill, CA & Minden, NV
Office Phone:775-783-4313

Posts: 5 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you like the dual illumination RMR?

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Franklin Armory Marketing:
It is very cool. I like that it gives both options. The sight is made very well. Also the auto shut off is a very cool feature.
quote:
Originally posted by nreno88:
How do you like the dual illumination RMR?

Pretty sure he was asking me, since I have it mounted to the rifle in my pictures. Wink

I really like it. It does not have an "auto off" feature because it does not have any batteries--it is "always on". Never have to worry about batteries being dead and never have to findle with brightness settings since it self-adjusts. It is also less expensive than the battery powered versions. It is a green reticle too, something only available on the dual ilium sights, which I really prefer (easy to pick up the dot). It is a prime example of the KISS principle.

Only downside is when you are in a dimly lit area and aiming at something in a brighter one. This causes the dot to be dim compared to your target's brightness. You can still see the dot (under all but the most extreme differences), but it's just less apparent. Honestly, these conditions are rare enough that it doesn't bother me. Plus, I could always deploy the BUIS if I had to.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hooah09, how is the quality of the Lancer? I would expect it to be excellent but it would be great to have that confirmed.
And, I'm not sure if you would have to re-zero every time you switched hand guards if you put M-Lok bases on them and rotated the front BUIS, or if it would be "close enough".
But having the front and rear sights a foot apart might not be ideal either. How is the sight picture?

Posts: 1080 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on the .40 and 357 Sig conversion kits?

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Or way word on the shortened hand Guards? I've been waiting on a 4.5" hand guard for quite a while now...

Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or way word on the shortened hand Guards? I've been waiting on a 4.5" hand guard for quite a while now...

There were a few on Gunbroker over the last few weeks.. unfortunately they went for about $1800 (with a factory 4" barrel)

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
I was just inquiring about the shortened hand guards themselves from SIG, not the whole weapon. BUT if K models are starting to appear from SIG on GB it won't be long!

Bumpfired the MPX, it was a little sticky not firing multiple rounds consistently like it was binding a bit. Ran 4 mags through and it started to loosen up a bit, on the 5th mag I got a complete mag dump. 2 seconds or less baby, wow! This is a 4.5" barrel with ATF approved Form 1 mind you, all legal-like! I'm going to check and see if I can find where it's binding and it could be the trigger being a bit too stiff too; maybe a spring kit is in order and then try again?

Regardless, Ron at RTN and his Youtube video finally became a reality; oh yeah!

Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just inquiring about the shortened hand guards themselves from SIG, not the whole weapon. BUT if K models are starting to appear from SIG on GB it won't be long!

Bumpfired the MPX, it was a little sticky not firing multiple rounds consistently like it was binding a bit. Ran 4 mags through and it started to loosen up a bit, on the 5th mag I got a complete mag dump. 2 seconds or less baby, wow! This is a 4.5" barrel with ATF approved Form 1 mind you, all legal-like! I'm going to check and see if I can find where it's binding and it could be the trigger being a bit too stiff too; maybe a spring kit is in order and then try again?

Regardless, Ron at RTN and his Youtube video finally became a reality; oh yeah!

They weren't MPX-Ks.. they were the K Handguard and the K barrel together as a lot.. went for over $1800

The handguards alone were around the $120 mark..

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586691285

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post