SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I see that Gunmagwarehouse has the "Essentials" 3 mag kit on sale for $149.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terry6v:
I have a question if anyone can help me with it. I know there have been issues with some aftermarket triggers functioning or fitting into the MPX lowers. I bought one that should work but my question is will the factory MPX trigger work in a regular AR Lower? I have another build going and that would save me some money on a lower parts kit

I installed a RRA 2 stage varmint trigger group in mine. Have put about 400 rounds down range without a problem.

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokey99:
quote:
Originally posted by terry6v:
I have a question if anyone can help me with it. I know there have been issues with some aftermarket triggers functioning or fitting into the MPX lowers. I bought one that should work but my question is will the factory MPX trigger work in a regular AR Lower? I have another build going and that would save me some money on a lower parts kit

I installed a RRA 2 stage varmint trigger group in mine. Have put about 400 rounds down range without a problem.

I ordered a Franklin Armory BFS gen 3 to try. But I was wondering about the factory MPX trigger working in a regular AR15 lower? I don't like to waste extra parts.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Finally had the paperwork for my Gen 1 MPX-K get approved! Modified a Sig keymod handstop/foregrip to work with the add-a-rail handguard; it was pretty easy to do since the hole spacing between the two mounting systems is the same. Also modified the front sight to be able to remove the handguard without having to remove the sight first.

Took it out to the range last week and ran 140 rounds through it. Magazines used were the Gen 1 30 round mag that came with the rifle, one 20 round Gen 2, and three 30 round Gen 2's. Only had a single malfunction, on round 27 of 30 on the first magazine, which was with the Gen 1 mag--go figure. The case mouth got hung up on the edge of the chamber, took a bit of effort to clear.

Overall, very happy with the rifle. Feels great in the shoulder and follow up shots are lightening quick! Oh, the fun/cool factor is also through the roof! Will be getting a lancer carbon fiber forend when they become available for use with suppressor.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice K....I'm still waiting on my Gen 1 K to get out of jail. I expect the paperwork any day now....

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad ass looks great, can't wait to get my short handguard since I chopped my barrel.

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had mine chopped. Shoots like a laser beam.

Posts: 68 | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if any, are the visual differences between a gen1 and gen2 MPX?

Posts: 3954 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Gen1 has round holes in the handguard, Gen2 Keymod. I don't know if there was any cross over and of course you can swap handguards...

I don't know if there were any internal parts changes or any other mods of consequence made by SIG between the two besides the mags.

I have a Gen 2 and have only one Gen 2 mag, the rest are Gen 1s and it runs flawlessly with all. Should be days away from my Form 1 coming back and the lower is in for engraving now; phew!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope someone can help me with this question I have asked everywhere with no response. I was thinking of changing the sig mpx receiver pins to AR pins. Does anyone have an AR or Sig MCX and would be willing to try and put them in the MPX to see if they are universal. Thanks.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of guns and usually bring out a variety when I go shooting with my friends. There is only one of them though that they always tell me to bring and that is the MPX SBR w/ suppressor...

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:

hooah09 - what optic and VFG are those on your MPX? Great looking setup!!!

Thanks.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOTCOFFEE:
I hope someone can help me with this question I have asked everywhere with no response. I was thinking of changing the sig mpx receiver pins to AR pins. Does anyone have an AR or Sig MCX and would be willing to try and put them in the MPX to see if they are universal. Thanks.

Just in case someone else was wondering. AR Pivot Receiver pin does not work in the Sig MPX.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Thanks.

Thank you.

Optic is a Trijicon RMR, dual illuminated model, RM05G. Mounted on the low factory mount.

The VFG is Sig Sauer's own keymod vertical grip/handstop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hooah09,

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

Thanks.

Thank you.

Optic is a Trijicon RMR, dual illuminated model, RM05G. Mounted on a low ADM mount.

The VFG is Sig Sauer's own keymod vertical grip/handstop.

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forum, BTW!

If you don't mind, how does the RMR co-witness on the ADM low?

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

New adjustable arm brace coming soon from SB Tactical. The top one of course

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine today!!!
Time to form 1

Posts: 42 | Registered: January 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

--------------

What sling is this?

posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Lancer Systems, they said they will be producing the MPX Carbon Fiber Hand Guard with M-locks. Should be available around September. Lengths in 4, 6, 8, 10 inches

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gino d,

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post