SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you ever wear open sandals, flip-flops, or the like away from home?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you ever wear open sandals, flip-flops, or the like away from home? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nope. Unless around the neighborhood counts. Adidas makes a set that plays nicer with plantar fasciitis. And bone spurs.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I had a pair of Velcro sandal things once, but I didn't like getting dirt and crap all over my feet. Then I moved to Florida and discovered fire ants. I watch my wife and kids drop stuff on their toes and kick stuff accidentally while walking around. While I feel their pain, I do remind them that there is a solution to their problem: shoes. I think my oldest son is finally getting the picture after he tore a good chunk of his big toe off while running in flip-flops. It took almost two weeks to heal.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Now, now, guys: No need for disparaging remarks.

We all (most, anyway) have reasons for what we do, and this wasn't intended to demonstrate that anyone's reasons are better than others.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47745 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Unfortunately, some just can't hide their anger, spewing profanity. Lol.

Btw, we're still winning! Razz

Q

Posts: 27690 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. Best way to get sand in your shoes (-;

Posts: 4451 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:...I live in rainbow flip flops. All year round... I rarely wear shoes...

This. About 2 years ago there was a flip-flop recommendation thread and I bought a pair of Rainbows at RAMIUS' recommendation. Have loved them since day one. After 2 years of daily use they're still functionally solid but they look a little rough because I beat the crap out of them.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I wear flip flops well over 50% of the time. As for "feeling prepared", I am way too old and fat to run anymore so I am fine standing my ground barefoot if necessary Smile

My current go to pair are the Hari Mari Nakona made with baseball glove leather Cool

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spieler
posted Hide Post
For an extended excursion I do not, but I totally do for a quick jaunt to the grocery store and such.

Posts: 2434 | Location: ATL South OTP | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope......don't even own a pair. They never really interested me.

Posts: 6732 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Birkenstocks.

Flip flops if I’m headed to the municipal pool (if it ever reopens).

Tevas if I’m rafting or boating.

P229

Posts: 3953 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear boots 10 to 12 hours a day, a pair of Reef flip flops or Texas go on when I get home. If I’m going out it’s Sperry billfish about 90 percent of the time or Keen H2O closed toe sandals.

Posts: 508 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Nope. I dont even wear shorts.

Same. Even in Florida.

The rare exception is if we take the kids to a theme park, depending on the month I might wear shorts.

I wear a work shirt over a T-shirt, jeans and close toed shoes with socks almost 100% of the year. I just recently started wearing converse all stars instead of the work boots I used to wear. Now I switch between the two. No reason other than that’s what makes me comfortable.

Obviously the beach and gym are exceptions.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Mind sharing which model?

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Nope. Unless around the neighborhood counts. Adidas makes a set that plays nicer with plantar fasciitis. And bone spurs.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2717 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
My ex gave me a pair of Dolce & Gabbana flip flops many years ago.

I wised up and got rid of her, but still wear D&G flip flops.

Posts: 9439 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I find flip-flops dangerous to walk in. Sandals are not comfortable to me.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I wear them almost everyday, home and away.

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wolverine workbooks 95% of my life, I do have a pair of leather closed toe Crocs for some things, also have sneakers, but can't remember the last time I wore them.

I will admit this is because I have ugly old man's feet with nail fungus I can't seem to get rid of, and my work boots feel like they were made for me.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

You've got hairy little hobbit feet, don't you? Big Grin

Posts: 28753 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
right now I'm sitting at my desk, in my underwear and a pair of flip flops.....

Posts: 24394 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to wear nothing on my feet but boat shoes, then came the throat cancer in 2015 and I just didn't care enough to put on shoes, I just slipped on the Sperry Flip Flops and went where I was supposed to go when I absolutely had to go.

Then, about 6-8 months ago, we started wearing out flippers inside and a different pair of shoes (slip on running shoes-I ain't gonna really run in them) outside.

I still forget and end up at the VA, the grocery or the gun shop with just my flippers, but I don't care. It's Florida!

Bob

Bob

Posts: 1682 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post