SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you ever wear open sandals, flip-flops, or the like away from home?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you ever wear open sandals, flip-flops, or the like away from home? Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
when I fly. I never-- NEVER--wear anything but pants and closed toed shoes when I fly.

You da man!
Now go pants and sandals and you are half way there.

Posts: 7494 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Nope. I dont even wear shorts.
You and I, both, Nismo! I can't stand the feel of that strap between my toes and the fact my feet would not be protected. I haven't worn shorts since I was 20 years old.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
Wore flip-flops over the weekend for the bow season opener up here in MT.

My man!! Cool

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I never leave the house wearing footwear that I couldn't walk many miles comfortably in.

In that case you need some OluKai “rubbah slippahs”, brah Smile

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm from Florida, when I'm not on a job site, not working out, or not on my bike, i'm in flip flops. In fact, I just spent the evening drinking Blanton's at Morton's Steakhouse, in flip flops.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9752 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Teva sandals...they look sharp with my day desert pattern BDUs Big Grin...but if I'm wearing my plaid Bermuda shorts I like to wear them with knee high white socks Cool...

Seriously I do like my Tevas Smile...flip flops are GTG too.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I generally wear flip flops to a quick run to the grocery store, LOWE's things like that....but nowadays after several wipe outs from them, try to avoid them a lot more and prefer sneakers.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I only voted "no" because "hell no" wasn't an option.
I basically wear at a minimum some type of tennis shoes for 98% of my day. When I was 7 or 8 I was walking barefoot in the kitchen to get a box of cereal. I stepped on a piece of cardboard. on the other side of the cardboard was a package of thumbtacks (that's the way they packaged them in the '60's). I had 30+ holes in the bottom of my foot, with blood everywhere.
Move forward to the summer of 1979. Just after high school graduation. 6 am, walking into the bathroom of our "new" home (historic house in Franklin, TN, originally built in 1879). Previous owner had put shag carpet throughout upstairs, including bathrooms.
Extremely sharp pain in my bare foot. Looked around, and found half of a sewing needle. Went to work, worked all day at my summer job before 1st year of college. When I got home that night from work, I told my mom about it, because it hurt like hell (she was a physical therapist & had a PT degree from Duke medical school, so a little medical background). She made me get in the car with her & go to the emergency room at the local hospital. The DR used a scalpel (with a camera on the end?) and cut into the bottom of my foot. After awhile, he found the other half of the sewing needle. Sewed up the bottom of my foot, gave me a tetanus shot and instructions, and sent me home. At least my foot didn't hurt as bad anymore.
Now that I've been a type 1 diabetic since 1985, I tend to stress a bit about my feet (among other body parts). So I wear regular shoes or tennis shoes virtually all day & night.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never. Never did as a kid, never have as an adult. I had badly ingrown toenails on each big toe as a teen and so I didn't want those exposed to stuff touching them because it hurt so bad. I had them taken care of 8 years ago and I still jump out of my skin when I drop something in the shower because I'm afraid of it hitting one of my big toes. Used to hurt so bad.

I also don't feel confident running or kicking or anything self-preservation related while wearing sandals.

I have a pair of Crocs that I wear for cleaning up dog shit, running to the mailbox, or going to pick up food from a restaurant. Never wear them if I'm going to be out of my car and visible to people.

I spent 3 years working for Scheels, a large sporting goods store, and paid dealer cost on everything so I have plenty of actual shoes.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 815 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tevas all the way for me. Even have a black pair for dressy occasions. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14161 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Literally, anytime I can outside of winter or somewhere there requires close toed shoes.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7163 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Only to and from the beach. Never otherwise.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I wear shorts and flip flops during the summer every day but that is pretty much only around the house. If I go out, it's always shoes of some sort.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5147 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have worn flip flops and shorts every day for 6 months since work form home started. I have put shoes on only for 2 scout hikes and to do Yard work. I wear flip flops to do everything else. I spose if we ever get allows to go to church again I’ll wear slacks and nice shoes.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Asian wife. House and shoe rules are different than our culture, as has been referenced in a pretty detailed thread here.

Inside the house, I have indoor slippers. In the backyard, I have outdoor slippers (Adidas sandals, think thongs that don’t have that shit between the big toe and index toe.

When I walk out the front door, the closest to a sandal, slipper, thong, or whatever you want to call it, is a Sperry Top Sider Boat shoe. That’s as minimal as it gets.
Normal,y it’s a tennis shoe or more often than not, an Asolo boot.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4382 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Of course. FlipFlops or Slides, depending on what's going on.

Never, ever, any Crocs or Birkenstocks.

I almost live in Jeans, Flops, and Tees, year round. It does suck to fight in them. Broke a toe last time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Absolutely. I live in rainbow flip flops. All year round. I wear flip flops doing the most inappropriate things as well...like shoveling snow and hanging drywall. I rarely wear shoes.

Swap out Rainbows for Reefs and this is me.

I tried some Rainbows, still have them in my closet basically unworn for about twelve years now. They just don't make them for those of us with duck feet.

Posts: 17687 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
In the summer, flip flops back and forth to a hockey rink all the time (hockey thing). Definitely around a hotel.

Sandals, typically anywhere appropriate to wear shorts (dress or casual).

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38264 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Birkenstocks all the time Spring to fall.. When I'm not at work.
Reccommended by a friend/Podiatrist to solve a foot issue with my heel.. I've had Teva and others but the ugly old Birkenstocks work great. I once had a pair for 10 years.
Ya I live in CA.. perhaps that helps with your data....
Socks dress em up nice... Wink JK

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Every day during summer! Tan lines on your feet Says you live in Houston

Chancla life

Posts: 3537 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post