SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not another word about this idiotic "crowd size" nonsense. Come on, guys. Really.

Let's move on, please.

Posts: 107910 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone following Trump on Twitter?

I don't want a Twitter account but found I can get his Tweets from Twitter's website by using /potus at end of their website address.

May as well use what Trump plans to use to communicate with us.

Posts: 3960 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

I don't want a Twitter account but found I can get his Tweets from Twitter's website by using /potus at end of their website address.

I found this link on some forum a few days ago--it allows reading President Trump's tweets without joining Twitter®: https://mobile.twitter.com/rea...serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
You can jusy google trump twitter and it shows it in your phones browser.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8229 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

I am on twitter and facebook too. I'm following President Trump (gawd I love writing and saying that).

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The other day, I voiced the view that Trump was not ideologically based, in liberal-conservative terms, but practical, rational, do the smart thing.

Now overnight, I had a further thought.

Trump is said to be a businessman. In a sense that is so, but he isn't a retailer, or manufacturer building and selling products. He has been a developer who makes a living by finding undervalued assets and adding value somehow, by repurposing, eliminating obsolescence, renewing, etc.

In "The Art of the Deal", he recounts deal after deal in each of which he was able to get control of an asset, changing something, adding adjacent space, reconfiguring, restyling, raising the income, realizing the potential.

In one story I read, he chose to replace the furniture to raise the seating capacity rather than rebuild to add floor space. Smart.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It's page 45 of the Trump thread.

45 has a nice ring to it!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3506 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The other day, I voiced the view that Trump was not ideologically based, in liberal-conservative terms, but practical, rational, do the smart thing.

Trump is said to be a businessman. In a sense that is so, but he isn't a retailer, or manufacturer building and selling products. He has been a developer who makes a living by finding undervalued assets and adding value somehow, by repurposing, eliminating obsolescence, renewing, etc.

In "The Art of the Deal", he recounts deal after deal in each of which he was able to get control of an asset, changing something, adding adjacent space, reconfiguring, restyling, raising the income, realizing the potential.

In one story I read, he chose to replace the furniture to raise the seating capacity rather than rebuild to add floor space. Smart.

...and this, I think, is why nearly everyone misunderstands and/or underestimates him. He is a businessman in a politician's world. He does not act nor think like them so we can't fully anticipate what he'll do. We have to trust he loves his country and the founding documents enough to do the right thing in his way. I have come to have that trust partially from hope, partially from desperation and partially from watching him work. Mr. Trump is a new animal in politics. If nothing else, it will be a fantastic ride.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29757 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:...I think, is why nearly everyone misunderstands and/or underestimates him. He is a businessman in a politician's world. He does not act nor think like them so we can't fully anticipate what he'll do. We have to trust he loves his country and the founding documents enough to do the right thing in his way. I have come to have that trust partially from hope, partially from desperation and partially from watching him work. Mr. Trump is a new animal in politics. If nothing else, it will be a fantastic ride.

This actually makes sense. As long as Trump loves America and will abide by the Constitution (two things his predecessor, pres Whats-his-name didn't/doesn't do) I am optimistic.

Maybe already posted, my wife noted one of Trump's first aqccomplishments. Trump got more overweight women out walking (in the women's protests) in ONE DAY than did fitness proponent Michelle Obama during her eight years in the White House.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

How I feel these days.

I am so using that pic for something!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12363 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

This is similar to the story where he overcame a height restriction code for a sign or flagpole, or whatever it was, by building a hill to place it on. Common sense stuff but many people would've got hung up on the code.

Posts: 3960 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Trump train is gaining speed.... Razz

President Donald Trump signed three executive actions this morning, killing the Trans-Pacific partnership, instituting a federal hiring freeze, and restoring the Mexico City policy, which bans federal funds from being used to fund abortions.

“We’ve been talking about this for a long time … a great thing for the American worker,” Trump said after signing the order killing former President Obama’s signature trade effort.

Trump senior advisors stood and watched Trump sign the executive orders as senior advisor Reince Priebus announced each order as it was signed.

Trump specified that the hiring freeze for federal workers would not apply to the military.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-mexico-city-policy/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
And moving right along..

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida said he will support Rex Tillerson as secretary of state despite his reservations about President Donald Trump's nominee.
"Given the uncertainty that exists both at home and abroad about the direction of our foreign policy, it would be against our national interests to have this confirmation unnecessarily delayed or embroiled in controversy," Rubio said in a statement Monday on his Facebook page.

All eyes were on Rubio after Tillerson got a boost Sunday when two influential Republican senators — John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina — offered tepid endorsements of the former Exxon Mobil chief. The Foreign Relations Committee is set to cast their votes on Monday afternoon.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/n...State-411502185.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
El nolo español, por favor

"According to EFE, the new Trump administration also has ordered the shutdown of other communication resources in Spanish such as @LaCasaBlanca account on Twitter and La Casa Blanca Facebook page."

El tough-o shit-o

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
My thinking is that he took management training courses at the GE Crotonville Division in NY. In addition, his children and SIL have also taken courses there. They use Kepner-Tregoe's teachings for planning and problem analysis.

He realizes how important this technique is for selecting candidates and solving problems and values other inputs from his relatives that have had this training. It is amazing how he has found the right people for the job. Also it is a joy to work with smart people while being a drag to teach and get on board people that lack the proper skills.

In the past, some people will work at GE to get an education from their training program and move on to other companies at a higher salary. This program was started some time back in the 50's to train company employees due to the size of the company.

https://www.ge.com/sites/defau...re_of_Leadership.pdf

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't rememeber the last time I went to check the news and saw so many different headlines that made me smile.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 893 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"According to EFE, the new Trump administration also has ordered the shutdown of other communication resources in Spanish such as @LaCasaBlanca account on Twitter and La Casa Blanca Facebook page."

El tough-o shit-o

...and the self deportations of illegal aliens should start....YESTERDAY!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're from elsewhere and want to be here? Fine, apply for a visa, then apply for citizenship, then learn our LAWS and our LANGUAGE.

Being an American means giving up part of yourself to be part of your new nation. Everyone who comes here and wants to be an American (not some foreign fucking squatter with your hand out and who secretely hates this nation and its people), needs to became assimilated. If you're unwilling to do that, then stay the ever-loving fuck out of my country, because if you remain un-assimilated, you are not an American, Citizenship or no.

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

El tough-o shit-o

The age of appeasment has slammed shut!! Go 45 Smile

Posts: 4414 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure:

SJWs protesting in a college library, asian student shuts them down Big Grin

Linky

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4340 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post