SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17154 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Wonder if this also included the number of people watching live streaming of the event?

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Wonder if this also included the number of people watching live streaming of the event?

It was being streamed into a three-quarters full auditorium where I was, so that one hit was pushing 200 teenagers.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Frankly,
I'm delighted with nothing else but the optimism the Trump election has brought to us! Clearly, our journalists have their heads in the sand. They haven't been reporting fact, but fiction. How interesting to get to see how they could not believe how very wrong they were.

Those folks who put their backs to the yoke and kept their mouths shut while the left was blathering... I hope journalists learn from this, if nothing else. We definitely played our Tump card Smile
I, too, am concerned with how much Trump can actually accomplish, but by God, he's gonna try. God bless him and our country, for showing us it CAN be done, despite the naysayers.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I am ashamed that Trump's cabinet appointees have not yet been approved. This is shameful.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
Picture of colomtn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
First mis-step of Trump Presidency, arguing with press about crowd size.
Could have easily been explained with people being concern over threats of violence, weather, security procedures, etc.

Generally very pleased with Inaguration speech.
He might have been a bit too heavy on trade policy.

So far I am very pleased.

The press is trying hard to delegitimize his Presidency and President Donald Trump is not going to let them get away with it. When the press is caught misreporting anything President Trump and his team are not going to let them get away with it.

My grandfather voted republican until the day he died, now he votes democrat.

Posts: 4346 | Location: Western Slope of Colorado | Registered: August 09, 2008Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colomtn:
quote:
Could have easily been explained with people being concern over threats of violence, weather, security procedures, etc.

Generally very pleased with Inaguration speech.
He might have been a bit too heavy on trade policy.

So far I am very pleased.

The press is trying hard to delegitimize his Presidency and President Donald Trump is not going to let them get away with it. When the press is caught misreporting anything President Trump and his team are not going to let them get away with it.

As they should.
Problem is the photos seem to indicate the media was correct on crowd size.
When challenging the press the Trump administration needs to ensure the facts are clearly on their side.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

From THEIR perspective ONLY, wouldn't you say?

quote:
When challenging the press the Trump administration needs to ensure the facts clearly on their side.

Bang up agree 110% on that!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kimber, when I saw it I thought something else was going on. It wasn't about the crowd size and MLK being removed. It was about emphasizing that traditional media has turned into "fake news" because it is designed to distort not inform.

Trump's press secretary came out as a blow torch to emphasize that the people cannot trust the press who will distort even the smallest of things.

The way more voters will learn about how the media can't be trusted for accurate reporting is to make a stink that will break through managed news to get a message to the people.

There are a lot of tough policy decisions that are coming and those things will require clear reporting to understand.

If he can't get the traditional media to start reporting news instead of treating all news as political commentary, then he is priming us all to start finding other sources.

Things like President Trump's Twitter account, YouTube recounts of live events, the .gov website and even places like Sigforum are where people must turn for more accurate information.

Anyway, I believe President Trump is weaning people from the old guard media to usher us into a new era in news that is already upon us.

For all the talk about how news rooms have a hard news and an editorial side, there is no line anymore. And, it seems that the "news" outlets no longer know the difference. They lost journalism and are now out for a result.

Again, I didn't think the press conference was really as much about the numbers and a statute as much as how Trump was sending artillery to soften up the zone for his administration's landing.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:

From THEIR perspective ONLY, wouldn't you say?
No.
Show me a photo from the Trump Inagural that can compete with the one the press is showing from Obamas.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
Here you go Kimber... http://www.cnn.com/interactive...uguration-gigapixel/

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
No.
Show me a photo from the Trump Inagural that can compete with the one the press is showing from Obamas.

I thought someone had posted a pic to contradict what the media was touting. At any rate, guess what? IDGAF. I'm not saying that to be disrespectful to you, kimber. It's just that in the grand scheme of things, the media is choosing to focus on the crowd size. Really?!?!? Is that what the LSM thinks is important right now?? IDGAF if it had been only President Trump, VP Pence, Justice Roberts, and Justice Thomas in attendance. Guess what LSM? IT WOULD BE THE SAME RESULT!

Where's the Tylenol?

ETA:
P229 above my post linked the photo I was talking about. And looking at the Gigapixel, there are people as far as the eye can see...at least to me. Again...IDGAF about anything other than results.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
The thing is, this gigapixle panoramic picture was taken by CNN. You would think that they would at least acknowledge it.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive...uguration-gigapixel/

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:

How "big the crowd was" is not all that important to me. What is important is the nonstop never ending attempts of MSM to delegitimize Trump.

above is the NY Times picture to show 2009 crowd compared to 2016. It is from:

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...uguration-crowd.html

As seen in the other photos this is a gross attempt to deceive the public.

An honest media would note there were 75 protest groups trying to hinder access to the Trump inauguration and that they had been announcing their intent for weeks.

Perhaps an honest media would observe that Washington DC voted 93% for obama in 2009, and 93% for Clinton in 2016. The neighboring states of MD and VA also both went to obama and Clinton. So all of the immediate population was overwhelmingly on the side of the protesters.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Now one could compare the Gigapixel photo in comparison with the NY Times photo to illustrate that the media is misleading on the crowd size.
That would be pretty clear, but it would be detrimental as it would extend the conversation in the media.

Problem is the Trump administration will not, did not win this argument.
There is no comparable photo from the Trump Inagural.
Crowd size took focus away from the reporting of the MLK bust being removed.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
The thing is, this gigapixle panoramic picture was taken by CNN. You would think that they would at least acknowledge it.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive...uguration-gigapixel/

Kimber, here are some photos to show CNN's distortion of the "news"

CNN reported even yesterday that the inauguration attendance was this:

But, at the same time, CNN's own Gigapixel project on CNN's site shows this:

If you zoom into the photo, you see that the crowd is packed all the way back. CNN tried to minimize Trump's support because instead of reporting the news on crowd size, CNN deliberately minimized it when it had more accurate pictures available on its own site . . . but news is not CNN's agenda. The zoom . . .

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The point is not to "win" with the media, and the idea that "winning" was the goal is childish.

Spicer dressed the media down for what they have done. I'm hoping there will be more of this to come. The more they are dressed down, and the more they are advised that there is no business as usual, the more they are exposed for what they are.

THIS WAS THE INAUGURATION DAY OF THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT. Does anyone here demanding pictures as "proof" not get that? And what were these clowns doing. Business as usual. Twatting out about crowd sizes and busts being removed. Instead of showing the day the respect it deserves. No matter who is in the White House.

Remember all the conservatives doing property damage at the last two. The conservatives on their knees screaming at the top of their lungs when Barrraccckkkk was being sworn in. Of course you don't. We showed the proper respect even though we knew how bad for our way of life he was. And he proved us all right.

They are not our friends. They have no interest in being our friends. Hell, they have no interest in doing their jobs. They are just wanting to continue a pattern of being a propaganda arm for the left. Message ends.

They need to be dressed down. Like the children that they are. They need to be taught that these idiotic patterns they feel they need to follow aren't going to be tolerated.

Want to report negative views of the White House? Fine. Nobody says we have to agree all of the time. But, they do need to learn decorum, and that there is a time and place for everything.

They have 20 years of getting away from whatever they want. And it has to end.

Spicer is just putting fair warning. Plain and simple. You don't change things with a pouty child by enabling them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now one could compare the Gigapixel photo in comparison with the NY Times photo to illustrate that the media is misleading on the crowd size.
That would be pretty clear, but it would be detrimental as it would extend the conversation in the media.

Problem is the Trump administration will not, did not win this argument.
There is no comparable photo from the Trump Inagural.
Crowd size took focus away from the reporting of the MLK bust being removed.

I believe the problem is that you pay attention to what the news media says,in spite of their obvious enmity of President Trump.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the big brouhaha over the crowd size. Voting machines weren't hacked and Trump got the 304 electors.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
I don't understand the big brouhaha over the crowd size. Voting machines weren't hacked and Trump got the 304 electors.

Amen, doesn't matter if one person showed up. Trump is still president.

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post