SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds Korean..... He don't put up with crap.

Yep, definitely Korean. First comes the warning, and next a round house kick to the head. You want to see power? Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Another early success of the Trump presidency; he got more fat women walking in one day than Michelle Obama did in 8 years.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11780 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Spicer is giving as good as he's getting. A very worthy opponent of the press. I like him.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/j...-here-again-n2275567

Trump met with business leaders today

"We want to start making our products again. We don’t want to bring them in. We want to make them here," Trump said as he laid a few ground rules in economic policy. “That doesn’t mean we don’t trade because we do trade, but we want to make our products here.”

"There will be advantages for companies that do indeed make their products here," Trump promised the group.

And if a business leader decides to leave the U.S. and abandon American workers, there will be financial penalties the President said.

But in return, Trump said regulations and taxes will be cut upwards of 75 percent.

“All you have to do is stay. Don’t leave. Don’t fire your people in the United States,” the President said.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Trump looks good behind that desk.

Indeed, he does.

... and something tells me he will keep his feet off of it.

Ronald Reagan had such respect that he never entered the Oval Office without a tie and jacket. El Diablo did that as well, for the same reason.

I doubt you will ever see Donald Trump in the office without being properly dressed, or with his feet on the desk, for crying out loud.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Watching the White House Press meeting. Sean Spicer is a very impressive Press Secretary, very impressive.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Spicer is giving as good as he's getting. A very worthy opponent of the press. I like him.
Been watching as well. He is excellent. The press corp is discovering they met their match. He won't take a bullshit question like he did from Johnathan Carlson about if he intends to be honest from the podium with the press and American people without not only throwing it back at them but making them eat a shit sandwich in front of their peers before moving on.

They will be careful about what they ask going forward.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Watching the White House Press meeting. Sean Spicer is a very impressive Press Secretary, very impressive.

I totally agree, he is amiable, but firm.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Am also impressed w Spicer so far. A bit of fire in his belly.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

I totally agree, he is amiable, but firm.

And he is brilliant. His command of the issues and ability to respond to so many different topics off the cuff is uncanny and indicates that he has done his homework well. It also says a lot about the man that appointed him to the position.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Who is the man 2nd to the right of President Trump in this photo?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I think fwbulldog was making a joke that the chinese guy was a libratarian (as opposed to a libertarian).

I think you misread that as librarian.

It was a joke. A play on words. I thought it was funny. Although, it would have been more funny if I said "ribraterian".

Or maybe not.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

National Trade Council adviser Peter Navarro

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is this what we are in for the next 8 years, nothing but the leftist media sniveling and whining?
Roll Eyes

The Huffington-Puffington Post (As Rush calls them):

Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order Surrounded By Men

Posts: 33853 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

National Trade Council adviser Peter Navarro

Thank you, PASig.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this what we are in for the next 8 years, nothing but the leftist media sniveling and whining?
I can tell you this much- if the members of this forum are planning to constantly express surprise by these kinds of things, it will take nowhere near 8 years for me to straighten that out in this forum.

No one and I do mean bo one should be surprised at this shit, and I want us to take it in stride, gentlemen. Constant expressions of shock and surprise at the dishonesty and hypocridsy of the left will not be tolerated here.

We're the adults and they're the children. Let's conduct ourselves accordingly.

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roll Eyes

The Huffington-Puffington Post (As Rush calls them):

Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order Surrounded By Men

Not commenting on the OP's opening statement.

Instead my viewpoint on the article, which I read. My viewpint on this issue is this:

1st /Most Important:
Women/Feminists declare their reproductive rights are their business. I agree. Therefore it's not the government's business either, so the government should nor intrude on womens reproductive business. If charitable groups, religious groups,chose to do so, I have no problem, and thats how it should be.

2nd
Women of other countries are no different than American women. It is their respnsibilty to ensure their own viewpoint and practice on their reproductive goings on. They should be other countries charitable, and religious groups resposibility also. We should not be the worlds birth control provider.

These issues are not the scope of the United States policy, the government should only provide it's citizens with safety and freedom necessary to live with the choices women make for themselves.

My apology fot the topic drift.
But in my opinion, President Trumps' action re enforces my belief.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got some tool claiming that the hiring freeze will cause increased spending because "the work still has to be done and now it'll cause overtime or contracting it out at 3x the expense." Fucking liberals have an excuse for everything.

At least they're good for a laugh on occasion.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Leemur,

Yepp, that person is a fool. My former employer fell on hard times and had a hiring freeze and discovered it could get just as much work done (actually more) with far fewer employees when it began to focus more on employee development as well as results. If you didn't perform you were gone. Yeah, it was stressful as hell but it was basically the exact opposite result of what that liberal fool you mentioned said would happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post