SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Obama administration self-disclosed the problems at a closed-door hearing Oct. 26 before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that set off alarm. Trump was elected less than two weeks later.

The American Civil Liberties Union said the newly disclosed violations are some of the most serious to ever be documented and strongly call into question the U.S. intelligence community’s ability to police itself and safeguard American’s privacy as guaranteed by the Constitution’s Fourth Amendment protections against unlawful search and seizure.

Barack Obama's team secretly disclosed years of illegal NSA searches spying on Americans.

Be sure to click on the link to the FISA Court opinion.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Anybody see the mayor of Minneapolis this morning, making a speech in a mosque talking about Trump's "oppression" of Muslims? I'm sure ISIS and other terrorists are just eating that up. [Arnold Schwarzenegger impression] "I like you, Mayor. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The link below is from the White House press office and is the transcript of the press briefing on the President's Budget submission, given by the Director of OMB, Mulvaney. It is too long to paste in total, but it is worth a read. Mulvaney is a great spokesman for the President and his budget priorities. He is also is no fool, and and handles the press with ease.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the...iefing-fy2018-budget

Posts: 203 | Location: Boyce, VA | Registered: March 25, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody see the mayor of Minneapolis this morning, making a speech in a mosque talking about Trump's "oppression" of Muslims? I'm sure ISIS and other terrorists are just eating that up. [Arnold Schwarzenegger impression] "I like you, Mayor. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

It's this kind of stuff that can destroy us; terrorists never can. Just submit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 18352 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
wanted to expand on kimber1911 post above about obama admin and FISA

very interesting story if media would do its' job

9 Feb 2017 Jeff Sessions sworn in as AG

4 Mar 2017 President Trump says obama "wire tapped" him

media go nuts ripping President Trump apart for saying that.

16 Mar 2017 Dan Coats becomes DNI

20 Mar 2017
Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers both deny that there was any information supporting Trump’s allegations in his original tweet.

"With respect to the president's tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets and we have looked carefully inside the FBI," Comey said. "The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components. The department has no information that supports those tweets."

10 May 2017 NSA makes public the Agency's IG report about compliance w Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act

formerly TS/SI/NOFORN report is here:

https://www.nsa.gov/news-featu...-2016-oig-report.pdf

heavily redacted. open source at the NSA website

hard to read

from the link in kimber's post:

More than 5 percent, or one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream Internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011, according to one classified internal report reviewed by Circa.

The Obama administration self-disclosed the problems at a closed-door hearing Oct. 26 before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that set off alarm. Trump was elected less than two weeks later.

The normally supportive court censured administration officials, saying the failure to disclose the extent of the violations earlier amounted to an “institutional lack of candor” and that the improper searches constituted a “very serious Fourth Amendment issue,” according to a recently unsealed court document dated April 26, 2017.

Circa has reported that there was a three-fold increase in NSA data searches about Americans and a rise in the unmasking of U.S. person’s identities in intelligence reports after Obama loosened the privacy rules in 2011.

Officials like former National Security Adviser Susan Rice have argued their activities were legal under the so-called minimization rule changes Obama made, and that the intelligence agencies were strictly monitored to avoid abuses.

The intelligence court and the NSA’s own internal watchdog found that not to be true.

“Since 2011, NSA’s minimization procedures have prohibited use of U.S.-person identifiers to query the results of upstream Internet collections under Section 702,” the unsealed court ruling declared. “The Oct. 26, 2016 notice informed the court that NSA analysts had been conducting such queries inviolation of that prohibition, with much greater frequency than had been previously disclosed to the Court.”

there is a lot of info now on the DNI and NSA open websites. But you need to dig hard to make sense of it.

circa.com is doing good work in data mining those sites

just one note of caution: because of the heavy redactions and the complicated legal mumbo jumbo it can be tricky to interpret what the reports truly say. But I think Circa.com is barking up a good tree

another reference:

https://www.nsa.gov/news-featu...-702-statement.shtml

NSA Stops Certain Section 702 "Upstream" Activities

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This visit will ruffle some feathe.....er turbans.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
From Ann Coulter:

Pope gives Trump book on threats to the environment. Trump should give Pope a book on threats to civilization. It's called "The Koran."

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fuck ann Coulter- fickle, self-serving sellout bitch. Fuck her and the horse she rode in on. Try cramming your latest book up your ass, bitch.

She's dead to me

I'm in the car shortly before the election. I turn on Hannity and I he has a female guest, who sounds like she's ready to fellate Donald Trump.

I get home, ask in the forum who it was, and someone said it was Ann Coulter. Oh, he's great, he's this he's that. He's the best and greatest man, ever.
But now, oh, she's so fucking disappointed in Trump and he'd better start doing this or that or he'll lose her support.

Ask me, Ann. Ask me how many times I've altered my position n a Trump Presidency since he announced his candidacy. Ask me. ZERO, you fickle, self-serving lunk head, which puts me one up on you. Idiot. Thanks for nothing. Mad

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

The video cut off short but Lou asked her to Come back soon! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tYd39Cq3CA

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
WTF was that?? Confused

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Lou Dobbs is not happy with her not supporting President Trump. Here is the full clip which I posted several days ago:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...4001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11893 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has gone from front runner to out of the running in President Trump's effort to fill the vacant FBI director's job, a senior White House official told Fox News on Wednesday.

Before Trump left for an extended overseas tour last Friday, he told reporters the ex-Connecticut lawmaker, a Democrat-turned-Independent, was the leading candidate to replace James Comey, who was fired by Trump on May 9.

But things have changed, in part due to Trump's hiring of an attorney who works at the same firm as Lieberman. Marc Kasowitz, who has worked for Trump in the past, was brought on to represent the president in the ongoing Russian election meddling probe. Lieberman is a partner of Kasowitz’s New York law firm, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres.

With the FBI involved in the investigation, sources said installing Lieberman to head the bureau could present a potential conflict of interest.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...tor-sweepstakes.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ask me, Ann. Ask me how many times I've altered my position n a Trump Presidency since he announced his candidacy. Ask me. ZERO, you fickle, self-serving lunk head, which puts me one up on you. Idiot. Thanks for nothing. Mad

You have been unflinching in your support and an example to all of us.

It would be nice to see all members of the Republican party display the same fortitude that you have.

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has gone from front runner to out of the running in President Trump's effort to fill the vacant FBI director's job, a senior White House official told Fox News on Wednesday.

Before Trump left for an extended overseas tour last Friday, he told reporters the ex-Connecticut lawmaker, a Democrat-turned-Independent, was the leading candidate to replace James Comey, who was fired by Trump on May 9.

But things have changed, in part due to Trump's hiring of an attorney who works at the same firm as Lieberman. Marc Kasowitz, who has worked for Trump in the past, was brought on to represent the president in the ongoing Russian election meddling probe. Lieberman is a partner of Kasowitz’s New York law firm, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres.

With the FBI involved in the investigation, sources said installing Lieberman to head the bureau could present a potential conflict of interest.

This feels like a calculated move on President Trump's part. Start the dems salivating over the prospect of a Lieberman FBI, then tell them, "oops. Sorry. Because of all this Russian crap, you don't get Lieberman".

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep...first thing, I thought when I read the article was, convenient excuse Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:

This feels like a calculated move on President Trump's part. Start the dems salivating over the prospect of a Lieberman FBI, then tell them, "oops. Sorry. Because of all this Russian crap, you don't get Lieberman".

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:

I love the way this man works. I'm gonna have another smile on my face at least for the rest of this evening because of this report.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 102 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
My thoughts as well! Big Grin Another zinger Smile

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It almost appears that Coulter has gone the way of Glenn Beck.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
good for Trey Gowdy to keep the pressure on

this topic had slipped into the background

http://www.breitbart.com/video...-questions-answered/

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) said Congress would not reauthorize certain surveillance programs until questions about the “unmasking” of Americans’ identities under the past administration were answered.

he wanted to know who had made the unmasking requests and why they had done so.

“We are not going to reauthorize these surveillance programs if the American people are not satisfied their security is going to be safeguarded,” Gowdy said. “So, the leaks are one issue. The unmasking within the intelligence community — that is a privilege to be able to request that a U.S. person’s name be unmasked. And I want to know who is making that request, what is the evidentiary basis of that request and if it’s late in your tenure, like the day before you leave office, that should send off alarms and sirens as to why that person does it.”

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why does Trump need a attorney? Has this gone from a counter intelligence investigation to a criminal investigation?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post