SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/amer...trump-150013365.html

Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, said President Donald Trump "may stop enforcing the individual mandate."

"For the 20 million who rely upon the Affordable Care Act in some form, they will not be without coverage during this transition time," she said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, speaking on "Fox News Sunday," reiterated Republican promises to replace Obamacare and allow patients to buy health insurance across state lines using health savings accounts.

" We’re going to move carefully in conjunction with the administration to repeal and replace it with things like health savings accounts and interstate health insurance sales and high-risk pools at the state level to take care of people who have pre-existing conditions." he said.

I suspect that as Trump executes his agenda, we are going to see civil unrest and political attacks that will rival anything over the last 50 (maybe 150) years. We will all need to give whatever support we can to the Trump administration and all lawmakers who enable that agenda.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
PBS has time lapse video that is clearly missing frames when you compare it to CNN's Gigapixel photo. Seems to be very clear that the media is distorting crowd size.
Problem still remains, Obama did have a larger crowd in Washington DC.

Problem with getting into crowd size comparisons is conservatives tend to have less spare time on our hands to attend these sort of events, work often seems to get in the way.

It is important to maintain credibility, I think we took a hit here.
The press conference was ill thought out for Inaguration day as it changed the focus of the day and the first weekend of talking heads.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are not our friends. They have no interest in being our friends. Hell, they have no interest in doing their jobs. They are just wanting to continue a pattern of being a propaganda arm for the left. Message ends.

^^^ Bingo!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11119 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
I don't understand the big brouhaha over the crowd size. Voting machines weren't hacked and Trump got the 304 electors.

Amen, doesn't matter if one person showed up. Trump is still president.

Exactly, Inaugural crowd size ranks right up there with the popular vote in importance.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
PBS has time lapse video that is clearly missing frames when you compare it to CNN's Gigapixel photo. Seems to be very clear that the media is distorting crowd size.

Problem with getting into crowd size comparisons is conservatives tend to have less spare time on our hands to attend these sort of events, work often seems to get in the way.

The press conference was ill thought out for Inaguration day as it changed the focus of the day and the first weekend of talking heads.

Nice save.Good back peddle!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1368 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Nice save.Good back peddle!
Thanks!
I try hard. Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Is it any shock that BHO's had a bigger crowd 8 years ago? Like it, him, or not he was the first black President and people who would never normally go attended.

Remember all of those people that were so excited that BHO was going to pay all of their bills, their rent, give them free phones, a free college education, etc etc... I'm guessing that none one expeciting free shit was there on Friday. Shocked I tell you

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38040 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . .The press conference was ill thought out for Inaguration day as it changed the focus of the day and the first weekend of talking heads.

To the contrary, kimber1911. The press conference accomplished exactly what it was intended to accomplish. The MSM has been put on notice.

Furthermore:

• The MSM (CNN, PBS) did objectively and provably lie about crowd size. Just look at the photos. The real photos, not the Obama full crowd v.s. the Trump crowd-is-just-forming photo, but the Obama full crowd photo v.s. the CNN megapixel Trump full crowd photo. The fact is that the MSM lied again, attempted to foist fake news on us.

• The MLK bust was NOT removed. The fact is that the MSM lied again, attempted to foist fake news on us.

• The MSM is now on notice that this bullshit will not be tolerated, will be pointed out in no uncertain terms directly to the voters. The MSM no longer controls the narrative. Fact will rule the day.

Thanks,

Sap
  •  
    Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
    Picture of sgalczyn
    posted Hide Post
    Size DOESN'T Matter!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4597 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sgalczyn:
    Size DOESN'T Matter!

That is not what she said...

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    If I were Trump. I would instruct Spicer to go to the Press Room podium each day, give the "journalists" the finger, and then leave and go give Chris Wallace a personal interview each day.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Crom:
    If I were Trump. I would instruct Spicer to go to the Press Room podium each day, give the "journalists" the finger, and then leave and go give Chris Wallace a personal interview each day.

Nah much simpler than that. Simply install subway turnstiles that only accept 50 dollar bills at the door way to the press briefing room.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    I do not blame President Trump for jousting with the press. But, I think he should just let the petty stuff like crowd size go. There are, and will be, much more important stuff to fight about.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mrmn50:
    I do not blame President Trump for jousting with the press. But, I think he should just let the petty stuff like crowd size go. There are, and will be, much more important stuff to fight about.

Never show weakness. Let nothing go. If you give an inch they will never stop taking.

Remember how GWB was a passive punching bag for the press? He would never respond. It was beneath his dignity. How did that work out? We got Obama.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17486 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
    Info Guru
    Picture of BamaJeepster
    posted Hide Post
    Time to hit the ground running! Also the WH briefing with the Press Secretary is set for 1:30 PM EST - should be interesting after the thrashing he administered Saturday Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
    - John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fenris:
    quote:
    Originally posted by mrmn50:

Never show weakness. Let nothing go. If you give an inch they will never stop taking.

Remember how GWB was a passive punching bag for the press? He would never respond. It was beneath his dignity. How did that work out? We got Obama.

I see your point. It is just so exhausting.

Picture of Tubetone
    posted Hide Post
    I saw a cartoon today that was captioned with what tomorrow will start to bring:

"If you like your legacy, you will be able to keep your legacy."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    I confess. Didn't know what "bicameral" meant.

bicameral: having two branches or chambers.

So Trump will meet tomorrow w leadership of Senate & House

well, what do you expect of an uneducated, red neck, clinging deplorable ?

Be not wise in
    thine own eyes
    Picture of kimber1911
    posted Hide Post
    Kellyanne Conway said Sean Spicer provided "Alrenative Facts".

I am not OK with alternative facts or falshoods from either Government spokesman or the media.

I am tired of the false reporting from the media.
    The Trump administration should be better than this.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Banned
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Kellyanne Conway said Sean Spicer provided "Alrenative Facts".

I am not OK with alternative facts or falshoods from either Government spokesman or the media.

I am tired of the false reporting from the media.
    The Trump administration should be better than this.

But, what if the alternative facts are true??