SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loungestx:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office. I understand the desire to elect a outsider but I do not understand how thinking people can still support him. He is only concerned with his own popularity and whatever he says he is not one of us and does not have your back. He is turning out to be horribly under qualified for the job and immature in his response to issues. He is very good at stirring up mud though. Just another rich guy screwing over the little guy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Suicide by Mod.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump kept his promise to:

prevent Hillary from being President
place Judge Gorsuch on the Supreme Court

There are many more things, but these two are a big deal.

100% Correct, every day I wake up and I am thankful that the POS Hillary is not in the White House!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office. I understand the desire to elect a outsider but I do not understand how thinking people can still support him. He is only concerned with his own popularity and whatever he says he is not one of us and does not have your back. He is turning out to be horribly under qualified for the job and immature in his response to issues. He is very good at stirring up mud though. Just another rich guy screwing over the little guy.

13 posts.
He's also against the electoral college, which has so far, saved the country.

quote:
quote:
If a popular vote is good enough for the Presidency, then why not everything else?

Most everything else is voted by popular vote.

loungestx: Perhaps you should come here more often? You might learn something!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting Gorsuch was the most important thing for me. I was amazed the Senate was able to hold off Garland. Lower courts are being filled as well. Everthing else is gravy. So glad we dodged Hillary.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...730076034#1730076034

It ain't hard to figure. He doesn't like the rules 'cause his candidate lost.

And that pesky Constitution, I tell ya!

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Just popping up on the news, HHS Sec. Tom Price has resigned...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office...
Are you >>> SMOKING FUCKING DOPE? <<<

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go away.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3127 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Comrade lounge lizard,

Are you Putin us on? Nyet?

Your puerile propaganda puts the burro in politburo.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2050 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yo troll,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21223 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They are obsessed. Most, if not all, do not recognize that they are obsessed.

And no one proposes that obsessions are part and parcel of a healthy psychological profile.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Just popping up on the news, HHS Sec. Tom Price has resigned...

Wow, that came out of left field. Or did I miss something this past week?

Edit: Never mind. Saw the thread on this event.

Posts: 5027 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought now.

Finding a non-obsessed democrat is as difficult as finding bananas in the former Soviet Union.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
BTW: Megan Kelly's NBC show aired its first week last week, and it was a total, complete bomb. Here is an article if you want details. This nasty woman scored big $$$ from stupid NBC, but by next year this time we'll be saying, "Whatever happened to that Kelly-what's-her-name, the nasty bimbo who went after Trump?"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/m...erviews-finally-ends

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Mollie Hemingway gave a speech at Hillsdale College recently which is an excellent summary of the Trump-Russian cintroversy. Too long to post, it will be found here.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wow, liberals are losing their minds over what he said about the mayor. The horror of calling it how it is Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Last night NBC news showed the Mayor in Puerto Rico standing in front of tons of supplies provided by the USA ripping Trump for not doing more and wondering where the military and other assistance was, then followed it by showing Navy and Marine helicopters landing in remote areas with supplies. That was hard to reconcile.

It's pretty clear there isn't much standing on that island, the infrastructure is in ruin, and most likely first responders rendered ineffective. But the mayor needs to understand that with that level of damage the President cannot sign a paper and provide instant food water and shelter for all in hours. The response to New Orleans took weeks, it wasn't on an island, and it was proclaimed a concerted and successful effort even though clearly flawed.

Conversely the President needs to understand that mayor is in a nightmare, is screaming for help, and acting a bit childish. Responding in kind is not appropriate. Trump should have taken the high road, held a press conference, and laid out the plan, efforts and challenges and thus debunking and diffusing the event instead of inflaming it further.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a contrast in 2 reports

JALLEN posted a link above to a report by Mollie Hemingway. It definitely is a good read.

Then contrast that report to this one:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...ed/story?id=50186443

Special counsel Robert Mueller has assembled a team of 16 seasoned prosecutors

Mueller has a powerhouse team of experienced prosecutors (several of whom were financial supporters of DEMs, including Clinton and Obama).

"In addition to a squad of agents from the FBI and the IRS, Mueller has 16 attorneys on staff, a spokesperson for Special Counsel Robert Mueller confirmed to ABC News, but only 14 of them have been identified publicly."

Mueller is investigating Manafort back to 2006 (11 years ago).

FBI agents picked the lock to Manafort's home and entered guns drawn while Manafort and his wife were sleeping.

Contrast that approach to the Clinton email / Clinton Foundation investigations.

This team of prosecutor heavies is going to come w a bunch of things "to prosecute", but it continues to look like a major witch hunt.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Conversely the President needs to understand that mayor is in a nightmare, is screaming for help, and acting a bit childish. Responding in kind is not appropriate. Trump should have taken the high road, held a press conference, and laid out the plan, efforts and challenges and thus debunking and diffusing the event instead of inflaming it further.

I disagree. He wasn't about to have it become a moment like New Orleans where the mayor gets on a podium and starts slamming him. He spiked her serve right back over the net. Liberals are losing their minds over it, which is an added bonus. Unfortunately, we don't live in an environment where laying out the truth makes a difference anymore. The only thing that gets through is blunt truth.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post