SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What an absolute partisan political hack this guy Schiff is. My God.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
What an absolute partisan political hack this guy Schiff is. My God.

That guy truly has Schifferbrains!!

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I keep thinking that there is a thread out there, that once pulled will start unraveling, and once started won't stop until everything is exposed.

... and a lot of people will see their political careers ended or be headed to jail.

Check out this article. We'll see. But this could be huge.

https://theconservativetreehou...tle-blower-full-pdf/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
I hear the Democrats are upset at the timing of Nunes revelation and that he revealed it to the President.

Translation: You didn't give us time to come up with a cover story or a decent distraction.
<snip>

That's my take as well.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
We have had the rug pulled out from us so many times by these crooks its hard to get my hopes up.

However, if anyone can do it, its Trump.

See Para's quotation from Shakespeare on the previous page. Eventually, truth will out. Few politicians have ever had the lid so tightly nailed down as JFK. But now it is all out: his philandering, his drug abuse, his pettiness and vindictiveness.

I think the dam is about to collapse for Obama and the Democrats.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rep Devin Nunes says "no more info till next week"

video at:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...g-info-intel-reports

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a story circulating that the 'judge' who halted Trump's immigration order is receiving death threats...

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/s...n-prepared-to-assist

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

The U.S. Marshals Service has flown in about a dozen deputies from the mainland to provide 24-hour protection to the federal judge whose order blocked the president's travel ban from taking effect.

Hawaii wants to extend TRO blocking Trump's travel ban

U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson has received death threats after he issued a ruling last week.

Meanwhile, the FBI is also aware of the threats and are prepared to assist the U.S. Marshals Service if needed.

The FBI would not comment further on how the threats were made.

The agency would also not provide details on what states the threats are coming out of. However, sources say, they are coming from the mainland.

Former federal agent Tommy Aiu said it's not unusual for additional deputies to be brought in to help the local U.S. Marshals office with protection needs.

"The U.S. Marshals service will do a critical risk assessment, look at the threat, make an analysis, and determine the level of protection needed," he said.

Watson issued the order last Wednesday to temporarily block enforcement of the ban, just hours before it was to take effect. The ban would have frozen immigration from six predominantly Muslim countries for 90 days.

Watson's ruling thrust Hawaii into the center of a polarizing debate over immigration reform, which have spurred protests for and against the ban.

The U.S. Marshals Service refused to comment on security details so it's unknown how long the extra protection will continue.

Copyright 2017 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I do not care, even if the story is true, which I doubt.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline

Did I miss a previous post about this?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

There are reports, unconfirmed by CNN, that Obama is going to spend a month on the island, which is north of Tahiti and features only one luxury hotel, aptly named "The Brando" because the Island was once owned by Marlon Brando.

An Obama spokesman tells CNN that the former president is now a private citizen and his schedule, therefore, is also private.

Two weeks ago, zippie the wonder putz was going to come riding back into DC at the head of a parade of his adoring followers, to bravely take the mantle of leadership of 'le resistance' to fight the Eevil Trump and his conservative ( Eek ) agenda and bravely triumph the cause of rabid libtards everywhere, restoring hope to disenfranchised dem voters and illegals scared of being separated from their families.

Now, he's hiding in the Pacific away from everybody, including his own family, citing his 'privacy.'

Gee, it's almost as if he's hiding from something. . . Big Grin

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

There are reports, unconfirmed by CNN, that Obama is going to spend a month on the island, which is north of Tahiti and features only one luxury hotel, aptly named "The Brando" because the Island was once owned by Marlon Brando.

An Obama spokesman tells CNN that the former president is now a private citizen and his schedule, therefore, is also private.

Two weeks ago, zippie the wonder putz was going to come riding back into DC at the head of a parade of his adoring followers, to bravely take the mantle of leadership of 'le resistance' to fight the Eevil Trump and his conservative ( Eek ) agenda and bravely triumph the cause of rabid libtards everywhere, restoring hope to disenfranchised dem voters and illegals scared of being separated from their families.

Now, he's hiding in the Pacific away from everybody, including his own family, citing his 'privacy.'

Maybe we'll get lucky, and he'll be eaten by sharks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Hey, I don't really blame the guy. I would fly halfway across the planet to get away from michelle, too. . .

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:

not a chance man, professional courtesy don't you know.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe he wants to stay close to some countries that don't have extradition treaties with the US? Several in the Pacific....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Violence today at a Trump rally. I watched the video only once but it's pretty clear that two black clad anti-Trump protestors move into the crowd of Trump supporters. One of them pepper sprays a woman in red. Then both of them take a bit of an ass-whooping.

I would say that if you go to a Trump rally, you can now pretty much expect violence.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/25/pro...ge-crowd-protesters/

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Since CNN is going to spin it to make it Trump supporters fault I'd be fine with the group going all in and beating the absolute fuck out of these masked anarchists. Teeth on the curb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Those anti Trump violent protesters are chicken shit, they have kerchiefs covering their faces.

They aren't real men.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Trump and Healthcare
Posted March 25th, 2017 @ 9:04am

Today we are witnessing one of the most important events in political history. But you probably can’t see it because the news is talking about healthcare, and how Ryan and Trump totally failed to get enough votes.

The real story is happening in parallel with the healthcare story, and that’s what renders it invisible. Something enormous is happening that has nothing to do with anything you are seeing in the news. In fact, you’ll probably read it here for the first time.

I’m dragging this out to see if you can guess the big news before I tell you. It is something I predicted would happen. It is something the country needs MORE than healthcare. It was, until yesterday, perceived as the biggest problem in the United States, if not the entire world.

And that problem almost totally went away yesterday. The smell might linger, but the problem has ended. We should be celebrating, but instead we will be yammering about healthcare.

Do you know what problem just got solved? It’s invisible for now, but later everyone will be able to see it.

Don’t see it?

Okay, I’ll just tell you.

With the failure of the Ryan healthcare bill, the illusion of Trump-is-Hitler has been fully replaced with Trump-is-incompetent meme. Look for the new meme to dominate the news, probably through the summer. By year end, you will see a second turn, from incompetent to “Competent, but we don’t like it.”

I have been predicting this story arc for some time now. So far, we’re ahead of schedule.

In the 2D world, where everything is just the way it looks, and people are rational, Trump and Ryan failed to improve healthcare. But in the 3D world of persuasion, Trump just had one of the best days any president ever had: He got promoted from Hitler to incompetent. And that promotion effectively defused the Hitler-hallucination bomb that was engineered by the Clinton campaign.

In all seriousness, the Trump-is-Hitler illusion was the biggest problem in the country, and maybe the world. It was scaring people to the point of bad health. It made any kind of political conversation impossible. It turned neighbors and friends against each other in a way we have never before seen. It was inviting violence, political instability, and worse.

In my opinion, the Trump-is-Hitler hallucination was the biggest short-term problem facing the country. Congress just solved for it, albeit unintentionally. Watch the opposition news abandon the Trump-is-scary concept to get all over the “incompetent” theme.

No one wants an incompetent president, but calling the other side a bunch of bumblers is routine politics. We just went from an extraordinary risk (Trump=Hitler) to ordinary politics (The other side=incompetent). Ordinary politics won’t spark a revolution or make you punch a coworker. This is a good day for all of us. It just doesn’t look that way because the news is distracting you with the healthcare issue, which is also important, but a full level down in importance from electing Hitler (in your mind).

Here is CNN marking the turn away from Hitler to incompetent.

Speaking of healthcare, I predicted on Periscope here several days ago that the only way to get a bill passed was to let Ryan fail hard on the first attempt while scaring the left at the same time. That softens both sides to the middle. There was literally no other path to the middle. You couldn’t get there without the first step being a major failure by the majority party. This necessary step toward success is, of course, being reported as total failure.

Today I’m getting a lot of what I call the “November 7th effect.” That’s where my critics are prematurely celebrating my wrongness because the Ryan version of healthcare failed. I hope to see my critics again toward the end of the year. Don’t be strangers.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1...trump-and-healthcare

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I think it's hilarious that all the dems are dancing around like they just won the Super Bowl or something. So the first attempt to kill zippycare failed. President Trump has 3 years and 9 months more to get it done. No big deal.

Of course, when one declares a presidency to be 'failed' 2 months in, they won't have much room to ramp up their rhetoric. . .

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
So the first attempt to kill zippycare failed. President Trump has 3 years and 9 months more to get it done. No big deal....when one declares a presidency to be 'failed' 2 months in, they won't have much room to ramp up their rhetoric. . .

....sorta like a political ropa-dopa....

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post