SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
while under the radar, (except for olfuzzy)

President Donald Trump nominated his eighth wave of judicial nominees on Thursday, including four nominees to the federal appeals court covering much of the South.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...f-judicial-nominees/

The White House released the names of nine federal court nominees, as the president continues to work to fill roughly 150 judicial vacancies nationwide. Four of today’s nominations are for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which covers Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

Thursday’s nominations come on the same day that the U.S. Senate confirmed Judge Ralph Erickson to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.

“Top to bottom, this is an extraordinary list of judicial nominees,” said Carrie Severino, chief counsel at the Judicial Crisis Network, which is the leading organization for getting originalist judges appointed to the federal judiciary. “President Trump continues to hit grand slams in an area that unites and excites Republicans.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office. I understand the desire to elect a outsider but I do not understand how thinking people can still support him. He is only concerned with his own popularity and whatever he says he is not one of us and does not have your back. He is turning out to be horribly under qualified for the job and immature in his response to issues. He is very good at stirring up mud though. Just another rich guy screwing over the little guy.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
while under the radar,

President Donald Trump nominated his eighth wave of judicial nominees on Thursday, including four nominees to the federal appeals court covering much of the South.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...f-judicial-nominees/

The White House released the names of nine federal court nominees, as the president continues to work to fill roughly 150 judicial vacancies nationwide. Four of today’s nominations are for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which covers Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

Thursday’s nominations come on the same day that the U.S. Senate confirmed Judge Ralph Erickson to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.

“Top to bottom, this is an extraordinary list of judicial nominees,” said Carrie Severino, chief counsel at the Judicial Crisis Network, which is the leading organization for getting originalist judges appointed to the federal judiciary. “President Trump continues to hit grand slams in an area that unites and excites Republicans.”

No eveybody's radar missed. Olfuzzy, for example on the previous page.

I was going to post this same story yesterday, but caught caught up in reading about 5the Circuit nominee Texas Supreme Court Justice Don Willetts. What a character!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loungestx:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office. I understand the desire to elect a outsider but I do not understand how thinking people can still support him. He is only concerned with his own popularity and whatever he says he is not one of us and does not have your back. He is turning out to be horribly under qualified for the job and immature in his response to issues. He is very good at stirring up mud though. Just another rich guy screwing over the little guy.

Posts: 23512 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation

Somebody wasn't paying attention in Civics. Perhaps they don't teach these things in school anymore.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

What?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by fucktard,

quote:

You do understand Congress writes laws correct? Are you actually that fucking stupid or are you just trolling. If congress continues to go against the president they will pay dearly. Shut the fuck up with that "screwing over the little guy" bullshit. What have you done to better your life situation? Do you want to know where you can shove your victim mentality? We FINALLY have a president who pushes back against the worthless media and you want to act like some brainwashed MSLSD watching jackass? Whatever dude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Don't feed the troll.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

You don't spend much time here..... Do you?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37989 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not bad, you managed to cram most of the leftist commie talking points against Trump into one post. But you forgot the "popular vote".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16713 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has yet to pass a single major legislation or fulfill his promises of office.

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump has ...

MAGA!

FIFY.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
clearly he hasn't read the thread either. Somewhere was a list of thing DJT has already done. 13 posts, troll alert!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This board is one of the finest I've found for getting the facts and truth of a matter. By choosing to ignore all the reason and logic posted in the various threads here you are wasting an opportunity to see beyond what the MSM tries to spoonfeed its clientele.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Dear Troll,

Months ago I posted a loooooooooooooooooooong list of Trump's accomplishments. See if you can find it. Just use the search function here, it is dynamite. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Justjoe, you know people like him choose to be ignorant. They are intellectually lazy and intentionally ignorant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21118 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're not all that bright, are you?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Hey loungestx:

Not that I have to defend him here among friends, but since you missed it

President Trump kept his promise to:

prevent Hillary from being President
place Judge Gorsuch on the Supreme Court

There are many more things, but these two are a big deal.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Hey loungestx:

Not that I have to defend him here among friends, but since you missed it

President Trump kept his promise to:

prevent Hillary from being President
place Judge Gorsuch on the Supreme Court

There are many more things, but these two are a big deal.

And it he never does anything else, those two things firmly establish his presidency as being successful.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post