SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
McCain again.

This time feeding Chuck Todd what Todd loves to hear.

McCain to Todd:

"If you want to preserve -- I'm very serious now -- if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press,"

"And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started."

"They get started by suppressing free press, in other words, a consolidation of power -- when you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press,"

"And I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/...dictators/index.html

Nobody is supressing or shutting down a free press. They think they are beyond comment or criticism, and thst's not true either.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
If they'd report without a political slant or comment, as well as stop politics masquerading as news, all would be well.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many of us in Arizona wish McLame would just take his monies and retire to somewhere away from Arizona.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
If this is legit. WOW Eek

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Here's a little 'action group' that merits close observation:

Linked to bho & the shadow.gov:

http://nypost.com/2017/02/18/o...or-protesting-trump/

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Is it just me?

After hearing Melania introduce her husband DJT at the rally in Florida tonight, I would love to hear her sing Eva Gabor's part in the Green Acres theme song. Big Grin

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...ECE9F9AE71&FORM=VIRE

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
A glorious evening to you, fellow citizens of Earth! And an even lovelier one to my fellow citizens of the United States of America!

My family flew out today to vacation at my in-laws' place in FL.

My son apparently chose to watch President Trump's rally/ speech today on the plane to Fort Lauderdale instead of the million other things he could have occupied his time with. He asked mom nicely if he could...

So proud of him!

Should I mention he loves leading the Cub Scout pack in the Pledge of Allegiance every chance he gets, usually uses excellent manners, wants to learn camping and shooting, and stands up (dragging his sister with him (she's a hellion and a very hardheaded 3)) and puts his hand on his heart every time he hears the National Anthem? At 6!!!!!!

So blessed of a Dad I am...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Is it just me?

After hearing Melania introduce her husband DJT at the rally in Florida tonight, I would love to hear her sing Eva Gabor's part in the Green Acres theme song. Big Grin

So is that supposed to be funny? Confused

Posts: 23197 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Is it just me?

I think it was supposed to be funny. Check out this vid and you'll get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZqFGLAeAc

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 102 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheni:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m-3IdNPr1Sg?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

She clearly thought he was a retarded rube.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ly-melbourne-florida

For your viewing pleasure...how sweet it is! Smile

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, 41. I was busy and missed the live airing. A truly awesome speech.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
McCain to Todd:

"If you want to preserve -- I'm very serious now -- if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press,"

"And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started."

Well, the press has been SOOOOOOO "independent" during the King Putt administration right? Where were you (McCain) ranting about this during that period huh?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ly-melbourne-florida

For your viewing pleasure...how sweet it is! Smile

Thanks 41, how sweet it is indeed. A powerful speech to all Americans, not a campaign continuance, but a progress report with a few reminders to the dems how they got punched out. Looking forward to more of these.

Posts: 3646 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
If they'd report without a political slant or comment, as well as stop politics masquerading as news, all would be well.

This....^^^

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 252 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where were you (McCain) ranting about this during that period huh?

The only time the press likes him is when he acts as a "maverick." He just wants to be liked.

Posts: 28650 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Is it just me?

Not a lotta love for the Gabor sisters in Eastern Europe.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

If they were actual REPORTERS we would not have this problem. Unfortunately these so-called journalism schools are nothing but indoctrination centers for the wild eyed left.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I like trump more every day.Were so lucky he has the balls to do whats right!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post