SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
I just had a thought (scary!). What if all the media's furor and the progressive obsession to undermine any information released by this administration is simply to provide a cover story for when TRUE and verifiable subterfuge is found that indites the Obama administration? Create enough doubt that Trump is speaking the truth so those on the fence won't believe the obvious facts?

Talk about scorch and burn policy.

There are 24 hours, 7 days to fill, and pages every day to fill.

What are they gonna say? They have to attract eyeballs to get advertising. Boring doesn't work.

They got nothing so there you are.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
A Mexican Senator was just interviewed on msnbc, says that Mexico should not cooperate with this "hostile" Trump administration on terrorism, the drugs/dea and that Mexico should start buying its corn from South America. Its official....fuck Mexico. Shut the border and build a wall 50ft high. Scumbags running a shithole, corrupt, drug infested country.

They need to learn who is the big boy on the block and what side their bread has been buttered on for years. They've taken advantage of us too much for too long.

Posts: 3575 | Registered: February 25, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just had a thought (scary!). What if all the media's furor and the progressive obsession to undermine any information released by this administration is simply to provide a cover story for when TRUE and verifiable subterfuge is found that indites the Obama administration? Create enough doubt that Trump is speaking the truth so those on the fence won't believe the obvious facts?
Are you writing a novel?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
A Mexican Senator was just interviewed on msnbc, says that Mexico should not cooperate with this "hostile" Trump administration on terrorism, the drugs/dea and that Mexico should start buying its corn from South America. Its official....fuck Mexico. Shut the border and build a wall 50ft high. Scumbags running a shithole, corrupt, drug infested country.

They need to learn who is the big boy on the block and what side their bread has been buttered on for years. They've taken advantage of us too much for too long.

Now there is an idea. Mexico builds the wall and pays for it!

I'm not sure about getting corn from S. America. Those guys have a hard time feeding their own. I guess it would free up more corn for ethanol, though.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Mexican Senator was just interviewed on msnbc, says that Mexico should not cooperate with this "hostile" Trump administration...

They are about to change their attitude. The Mexican peso is dropping in value after their President threw his hissy fit.

Posts: 8872 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I just had a thought (scary!)...
Are you writing a novel?

hahhahaha

Posts: 8872 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Politico's Michael Grunwald, famous for his "Conservatives want to kill us all" mindset, just published the following article (I've only provided the link because the story is way too long to paste).

I've thought for some time that Trump puts a few lies and half-truths out in public just to distract and anger the other side and make them take their eyes off the ball while he works his plans. Since Grunwald is already showing these signs of panic after only seven days, it appears that Trump's strategy is working well.

http://www.politico.com/magazi...dministration-214699

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snoris,

Posts: 4557 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
A Mexican Senator was just interviewed on msnbc, says that Mexico should not cooperate with this "hostile" Trump administration...

They are about to change their attitude. The Mexican peso is dropping in value after their President threw his hissy fit.

Yep. The scared children in Washington (i.e. our worthless politicians) are about to get their first lesson in negotiation. When you hold all or most of the cards, and 'our' interests come first, you negotiate from a position of power, not grovel with the eventual loser.

Mexico may hate the wall idea, but in the end, it will be a far less expensive venture for them to accept it and move on. They'll need a bit of time to come to this rationalization, but they'll get there.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The argument against the wall is absurd.

If a country wants to build a wall so people cannot illegally enter that country, so what ?

It is just like the voter photo ID requirement. It makes perfect sense and only those who want to break the law are against it.

posted Hide Post
Read somewhere that remittances from the US contributes to a significant cash influx to support the Mexican economy.. I'd imagine that most of these remittances go thru services like Western Union, PayPal, etc. What if Trump taxes that? Would that be legal, especially since most of that money wasn't taxed as income anyway so it wouldn't be considered as double taxed? Though issues would exist for how the senders can prove that he paid income tax on those money already.

That definitely can pay for the wall.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Change you can believe in.

Union electrical workers at a Philadelphia job site hung a huge banner welcoming President Donald Trump to the city, highlighting his high support among rank and file members of skilled unions.

The union members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers unfurled their banner, which said “Buy American” and “Welcome to Philly Mr. President.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...s-show-trump-banner/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: feersum dreadnaught,

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
It will soon be noon here, exactly one week since the new president took office. OMG! Can you believe the things he has done in one week? Trump is freaking amazing! Think about what is yet to come. Oh, the things you are about to see.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Slightly OT, I came across this 2014 report where Senators McCain and Graham argued that after the REPs gained control of the Senate, they should restore the rule that allowed filibusters on executive nominations.

http://thehill.com/homenews/se...eversing-nuke-option

Can you imagine the ongoing Senate confirmation process of President Trump's cabinet nominees if they required 60 Senate votes to pass?

BTW, just a personal decision on my part. From now on, whenever I refer to Donald Trump, I will not write just "Trump". He will be "President Trump" for me.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
It will soon be noon here, exactly one week since the new president took office. OMG! Can you believe the things he has done in one week? Trump is freaking amazing! Think about what is yet to come. Oh, the things you are about to see.
Rod

"US citizen asks, "Where am I going and why am I in this hand basket?"

You may have to change your signature line, Rod.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39218 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Politico's Michael Grunwald, famous for his "Conservatives want to kill us all" mindset, just published the following article (I've only provided the link because the story is way too long to paste).

I've thought for some time that Trump puts a few lies and half-truths out in public just to distract and anger the other side and make them take their eyes off the ball while he works his plans. Since Grunwald is already showing these signs of panic after only seven days, it appears that Trump's strategy is working well.

So where's the link?

And I've never understood why anything is "too long to post." If it's just an article, just post it, yo!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Rod

From the Scott Adams (Dilbert) BLOG:

Outrage Dilution
Posted January 26th, 2017 @ 8:24am in #Trump #Whenhub

I’m having a fun time watching President Trump flood the news cycle with so many stories and outrages that no one can keep up. Here’s how the math of persuasion works in this situation:

1 outrage out of 3 headlines in a week: Bad Persuasion

25 outrages out of 25 headlines in a week: Excellent Persuasion

At the moment there are so many outrages, executive orders, protests, and controversies that none of them can get enough oxygen in our brains. I can’t obsess about problem X because the rest of the alphabet is coming at me at the same time.

When you encounter a situation that is working great except for one identifiable problem, you can focus on the problem and try to fix it. But if you have a dozen complaints at the same time, none of them looks special. The whole situation just looks confusing, and you don’t know where to start. So you wait and see what happens. Humans need contrast in order to make solid decisions that turn into action. Trump removed all of your contrast by providing multiple outrages of similar energy.

You’re probably seeing the best persuasion you will ever see from a new president. Instead of dribbling out one headline at a time, so the vultures and critics can focus their fire, Trump has flooded the playing field. You don’t know where to aim your outrage. He’s creating so many opportunities for disagreement that it’s mentally exhausting. Literally. He’s wearing down the critics, replacing their specific complaints with entire encyclopedias of complaints. And when Trump has created a hundred reasons to complain, do you know what impression will be left with the public?

He sure got a lot done.

Even if you don’t like it.

In only a few days, Trump has made us question what-the-hell every other president was doing during their first weeks in office. Were they even trying?

For a fun party trick, ask your most liberal friends if they think the Federal government should have a say in whether a woman gets an abortion or not. When they say the Federal government should stay out of that decision, inform them that President Trump shares their opinion. He doesn’t want the Federal government to be in the business of making health care choices for women. He prefers leaving that decision to the woman, her doctor, and state laws.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Read somewhere that remittances from the US contributes to a significant cash influx to support the Mexican economy....

If the Mexican pres had any sense at all (not a safe bet), he would realize he just shot off his foot and crippled his horse. The Mexican economy wasn't all that great, and he just made sure it will get worse.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
6guns wrote; you may have to change your signature line, Rod. LOL, I have been thinking the same thing. Isn't it great! Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
Spent a year in mexico as a kid with my family (working)and seen good and bad mostly the latter.I even gave toys we had away to the other Mexican kids

My parents had me see a dentist in Mexico City for a couple of fillings right down the street of old Arena Mexico.The dentist, Jose and Octavio his assistant were very kind and gave my father and the rest of us advice of what to be aware of wile in the city.

He once told may father, John "we Mexicans are bad people".He said that, although he was Mexican and he was not.

Is seems to me now that everything there was a hustle.

In the end we are all just a bunch of Gringos to Mexico.

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:

So where's the link?

And I've never understood why anything is "too long to post." If it's just an article, just post it, yo!

It's fixed, the link is now in there. Thanks for catching that.

The reason I didn't cut and paste this one is that I'm using my iPhone and the article has lots of graphics and other things with text code which needed to be cut out so the story would be readable. I didn't want to accidentally delete any of the story, but didn't have the time it would have taken to do it right.

Posts: 4557 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post