SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Evil Bastage!! Mad

President Trump made Chris Christie eat meatloaf

Big Grin

Call me crazy, but I'm guessin' ol' Chris would have hit that meatloaf all on his own. Razz
This scene from The Sopranos comes to mind. (Sorry if it violates your proscription on comments about personal appearance, para.)

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/521NWqeYQIs

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this is good news

earlier threads discussed how this has become a money making cottage industry at the tax payer expense

https://www.washingtonpost.com...lose-five-locations/

Citing Trump, evangelical agency that resettles refugees to lay off 140 staffers, close five locations

One of the nine U.S. organizations that work with the United Nation’s refugee program announced Wednesday that it will lay off about 140 staff members and close five offices that have resettled more than 25,000 refugees.

In a statement, evangelical relief and development agency World Relief called the decision “a direct result of the recent decision by the Trump Administration,” citing President Trump’s executive order that reduced the number of refugees the United States will admit.

Several of the nine resettlement agencies have launched multimillion-dollar fundraisers to cover the unexpected losses they anticipate from the number of refugees admitted.

The U.S. Refugee Resettlement Program combines partial funding from the federal government to cover the costs of resettling new refugees with money raised by nonprofit agencies. Most of the agencies are religious, including World Relief and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which raise funding from donors and churches and organize volunteers.

For instance, the Episcopal Migration Ministries was expecting $14.2 million from the U.S. State Department and $6.2 million from the Department of Health and Human Services, according to spokeswoman Kendall Martin, and they are working to raise private support. On Feb. 8, Martin said, the Episcopal Church’s executive council gave the agency $500,000 to provide a financial bridge during Trump’s ban.

Even though Trump’s order has faced legal challenges, the courts have not addressed the section that reduces the cap on refugee admissions from 110,000 to 50,000.

The United States has already resettled 34,000 this year, according to Soerens, so fewer than 16,000 additional refugees will be allowed through Sept. 30.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Pretty odd this morning watching CBS News report on what I saw with the Trump presentation was the live yesterday. Distortion and exaggeration by the news media is evident in this broadcast.

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ran into some protesters and asked why they were protesting the President.

"He wants to shut down our borders and not let anyone it."

"Incorrect"

"It is, I read it on the internet"

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
Several years of briefings like that will set the bar very high. It will make it very hard for the next president to stroll in and just blow smoke up people's asses like previous presidents have done.

Yes it will.

I like seeing how President Trump engaged the miners to step forward and say a few words, I like the way President Trump enjoys his job and how he treats them, very relaxed and fun. His enthusiasm is infectious and it has been spreading into the financial markets.

That is a true quality of a leader. To EMPOWER people. I know weve heard from several "uncle trumps" about how great he is at managing/leading his company. Now youre seeing it first hand. You get more bees with honey than vinegar. One of the things steve jobs got wrong.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Commence wailing and gnashing of teeth! Big Grin

I wonder if this is true or if they will be scrambling to correct soon...

Bloomberg up with a link:
https://www.bloomberg.com/poli...immigration-roundups

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
And the media failed again...Just a routine draft 'what if' memo. Lucy pulled the ball from Charlie Brown again Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Evil Bastage!! Mad

President Trump made Chris Christie eat meatloaf

Big Grin

Call me crazy, but I'm guessin' ol' Chris would have hit that meatloaf all on his own. Razz
This scene from The Sopranos comes to mind. (Sorry if it violates your proscription on comments about personal appearance, para.)

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/521NWqeYQIs

Made me think of Wedding Crashers:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
oopsie! Everybody line up for your Participation Trophy! You'll do better next time.

Posts: 109257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ferreting out the mole maybe? Circulate a memo among a group of people and see if it gets out.

If I were Trump, I would be concocting all sorts of crazy shit to weed out the traitors.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Ferreting out the mole maybe? Circulate a memo among a group of people and see if it gets out.

If I were Trump, I would be concocting all sorts of crazy shit to weed out the traitors.

I am sure he is. We don't even know how smart he is, yet.

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:

First thing i thought. Just have to make the message different for several people.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
VIDEO: Press can't stand that Trump doesn't fear them, ex-education secretary says

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
And the media failed again...Just a routine draft 'what if' memo. Lucy pulled the ball from Charlie Brown again Smile

This looks like a candidate for finding a leaker.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5804 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Fake news strikes again.

Everyone had to be the first to get it out there without ever taking the time to verify its veracity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30958 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
This is going to be so much damn fun to watch...not to mention the icing of at least a felony indictment or two at the end.

Amazing that this President has run an international, multi-billion dollar company for how many years??? You think he hasnt had to deal with people double crossing him before? Once again, theyre viewing him as a rube, and they are going to get their ass handed to them.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Listen to this Mexican presidential candidate Andres Manuel López Obrador.

He is here in Los Angeles campaigning. Think about that a moment. Campaigning in Los Angeles to be Mexican President.

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...s-slam-donald-trump/

Even worse are his arguments that anybody in the world should be able to come to the United States. He should be working so that “everyone” wants to come and live in Mexico.

Obrador:

“I think the wall and the demagoguery of patriotism are no match for the dignity and humanity of the American people,”

“When they want to build a wall to segregate populations, or when the word ‘foreigner’ is used to insult, denigrate and discriminate against our fellow human beings, it goes against humanity, it goes against intelligence and against history,”

“Neither the United States nor the American continent come first. What comes first is to build here on this earth the kingdom of justice and universal brotherhood ,”

sounds like obama

Lopez Obrador also whipped up the crowd by insisting that he would spearhead a move in the United Nations to file human rights violations against the United States.

Get out of our country. Go back to your drug cartel infested land where your citizens can’t find work.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
This is going to be so much damn fun to watch...not to mention the icing of at least a felony indictment or two at the end.

Amazing that this President has run an international, multi-billion dollar company for how many years??? You think he hasnt had to deal with people double crossing him before? Once again, theyre viewing him as a rube, and they are going to get their ass handed to them.

Underestimating the competition is a sure way to lose.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Listen to this Mexican presidential candidate Andres Manuel López Obrador.

He is here in Los Angeles campaigning. Think about that a moment. Campaigning in Los Angeles to be Mexican President.

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...s-slam-donald-trump/

Even worse are his arguments that anybody in the world should be able to come to the United States. He should be working so that “everyone” wants to come and live in Mexico.

Obrador:

“I think the wall and the demagoguery of patriotism are no match for the dignity and humanity of the American people,”

“When they want to build a wall to segregate populations, or when the word ‘foreigner’ is used to insult, denigrate and discriminate against our fellow human beings, it goes against humanity, it goes against intelligence and against history,”

“Neither the United States nor the American continent come first. What comes first is to build here on this earth the kingdom of justice and universal brotherhood ,”

sounds like obama

Lopez Obrador also whipped up the crowd by insisting that he would spearhead a move in the United Nations to file human rights violations against the United States.

Get out of our country. Go back to your drug cartel infested land where your citizens can’t find work.

Oh....THAT'S gonna play in Peoria. (Im not too far from Peoria so I can comment...)

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
People, THIS is why Trump is blasting this corrupt, deceitful scum mainstream media right now.

For 8 fucking years, you never heard a GODDAMN PEEP from these assholes when Obama was spending tens, no hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars going on extravagant extended vacations and trips with the family or playing golf 300+ days of his presidency.

Now all of a sudden, one month into the job, they are complaining that Trump's trips are going to cost the taxpayer lots of money? Fuck off! Mad Mad Mad

quote:

...On Friday, President Trump and his entourage will jet for the third straight weekend to a working getaway at his oceanfront Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.

On Saturday, Trump's sons Eric and Donald Jr., with their Secret Service details in tow, will be nearly 8,000 miles away in the United Arab Emirates, attending the grand opening of a Trump-brand golf resort in the "Beverly Hills of Dubai."

Meanwhile, New York police will keep watch outside the Trump Tower in Manhattan, the chosen home of first lady Melania Trump and son Barron. And the tiny township of Bedminster, N.J., is preparing for the daunting prospect that the local Trump golf course will serve as a sort of northern White House for as many as 10 weekends a year.

Barely a month into the Trump presidency, the unusually elaborate lifestyle of America's new first family is straining the Secret Service and security officials, stirring financial and logistical concerns in several local communities, and costing far beyond what has been typical for past presidents — a price tag that, based on past assessments of presidential travel and security costs, could balloon into the hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a four-year term...

Trump family's elaborate lifestyle comes at taxpayer expense

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post