SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
With all of the coverage of the press conference,this almost fell off everyone's RADAR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAvbPPf-NPI

PRESIDENT TRUMP IS THE MAN!!!! For the first time in decades, I'm proud to call the occupant of the White House MY president!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Look at Rand Paul in that video. He ain't happy!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:
With all of the coverage of the press conference,this almost fell off everyone's RADAR:

PRESIDENT TRUMP IS THE MAN!!!! For the first time in decades, I'm proud to call the occupant of the White House MY president!!!

Thanks for posting that. I never would've seen it otherwise. That's what the media should be talking about.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cda926:

Hey, whatdoya know. Not 'Fake News' and an important item in and of itself, and no one reported on it. Color me shacked!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Several years of briefings like that will set the bar very high. It will make it very hard for the next president to stroll in and just blow smoke up people's asses like previous presidents have done.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Report This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

What's his beef? He just doesn't like Trump, he doesn't like the EO, all of the above, or something else?

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 578 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He thought he might be POTUS.

Didn't work out

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
quote:

What's his beef? He just doesn't like Trump, he doesn't like the EO, all of the above, or something else?

Rand @ 2:46

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I avoid this nitwit on FOX and he still shows up in my news feed. FOX needs to give this clown his walking papers. I'm sure he can find a job over at MSLSD.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/journ...rence-233852174.html

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
B O is an evil fucker.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/h...e-trumps-presidency/

When former President Barack Obama said he was “heartened” by anti-Trump protests, he was sending a message of approval to his troops. Troops? Yes, Obama has an army of agitators — numbering more than 30,000 — who will fight his Republican successor at every turn of his historic presidency. And Obama will command them from a bunker less than two miles from the White House.

In what’s shaping up to be a highly unusual post-presidency, Obama isn’t just staying behind in Washington. He’s working behind the scenes to set up what will effectively be a shadow government to not only protect his threatened legacy, but to sabotage the incoming administration and its popular “America First” agenda.

He’s doing it through a network of leftist nonprofits led by Organizing for Action. Normally you’d expect an organization set up to support a politician and his agenda to close up shop after that candidate leaves office, but not Obama’s OFA. Rather, it’s gearing up for battle, with a growing war chest and more than 250 offices across the country.

Since Donald Trump’s election, this little-known but well-funded protesting arm has beefed up staff and ramped up recruitment of young liberal activists, declaring on its website, “We’re not backing down.” Determined to salvage Obama’s legacy, it’s drawing battle lines on immigration, ObamaCare, race relations and climate change.

Obama is intimately involved in OFA operations and even tweets from the group’s account. In fact, he gave marching orders to OFA foot soldiers following Trump’s upset victory.

“It is fine for everybody to feel stressed, sad, discouraged,” he said in a conference call from the White House. “But get over it.” He demanded they “move forward to protect what we’ve accomplished.”

SEE ALSO
How Obama is bankrolling a nonstop protest against invented outrage
How Obama is bankrolling a nonstop protest against invented outrage
“Now is the time for some organizing,” he said. “So don’t mope.”

Far from sulking, OFA activists helped organize anti-Trump marches across US cities, some of which turned into riots. After Trump issued a temporary ban on immigration from seven terror-prone Muslim nations, the demonstrators jammed airports, chanting: “No ban, no wall, sanctuary for all!”

Run by old Obama aides and campaign workers, federal tax records show “nonpartisan” OFA marshals 32,525 volunteers nationwide. Registered as a 501(c)(4), it doesn’t have to disclose its donors, but they’ve been generous. OFA has raised more than $40 million in contributions and grants since evolving from Obama’s campaign organization Obama for America in 2013.

OFA, in IRS filings, says it trains young activists to develop “organizing skills.” Armed with Obama’s 2012 campaign database, OFA plans to get out the vote for Democratic candidates it’s grooming to win back Congress and erect a wall of resistance to Trump at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.

It will be aided in that effort by the Obama Foundation, run by Obama’s former political director, and the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, launched last month by Obama pal Eric Holder to end what he and Obama call GOP “gerrymandering” of congressional districts.

Obama will be overseeing it all from a shadow White House located within two miles of Trump. It features a mansion, which he’s fortifying with construction of a tall brick perimeter, and a nearby taxpayer-funded office with his own chief of staff and press secretary. Michelle Obama will also open an office there, along with the Obama Foundation.

The 55-year-old Obama is not content to go quietly into the night like other ex-presidents.
Critical to the fight is rebuilding the ravaged Democratic Party. Obama hopes to install his former civil rights chief Tom Perez at the helm of the Democratic National Committee.

Perez is running for the vacant DNC chairmanship, vowing, “It’s time to organize and fight . . . We must stand up to protect President Obama’s accomplishments,” while also promising, “We’re going to build the strongest grassroots organizing force this country has ever seen.”

The 55-year-old Obama is not content to go quietly into the night like other ex-presidents.

“You’re going to see me early next year,” he told his OFA troops after the election, “and we’re going to be in a position where we can start cooking up all kinds of great stuff.”

Added the ex-president: “Point is, I’m still fired up and ready to go.”

Paul Sperry is the author of “The Great American Bank Robbery,” which details the link between race-based housing policies and the mortgage crisis.

FILED UNDER BARACK OBAMA , DONALD TRUMP ,

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ok, I avoid this nitwit on FOX and he still shows up in my news feed. FOX needs to give this clown his walking papers. I'm sure he can find a job over at MSLSD.

Shithead Smith is unwatchable. So I don't.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
Several years of briefings like that will set the bar very high. It will make it very hard for the next president to stroll in and just blow smoke up people's asses like previous presidents have done.

Yes it will.

I like seeing how President Trump engaged the miners to step forward and say a few words, I like the way President Trump enjoys his job and how he treats them, very relaxed and fun. His enthusiasm is infectious and it has been spreading into the financial markets.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The respect he's showing those miners is something not seen in 8 years. This is what got him elected. I think he's ready for anything Barry can stir up. Great to hear that 45year miner call him "my President".

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Shithead Smith is unwatchable. So I don't.

I have Fox News on pretty much all day, but at 2 pm Central, I switch to Fox Business until after The Five, when Special Report comes on.

Martha MacCallum seems to be doing a good job with her new program. O'Reilly is borderline.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Evil Bastage!! Mad

President Trump made Chris Christie eat meatloaf

Big Grin

Call me crazy, but I'm guessin' ol' Chris would have hit that meatloaf all on his own. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/video...e-facts-they-report/

“The 11th Hour,” anchor Brian Williams argued President Trump’s criticisms of the media were

“Because when you reduce the media enough in prestige, they — when they do report facts, those facts are diminished.”

what ? Brian Williams preaching about reducing media prestige ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“The 11th Hour,” anchor Brian Williams argued President Trump’s criticisms of the media were

“Because when you reduce the media enough in prestige, they — when they do report facts, those facts are diminished.”

The media has no integrity so they grasp onto prestige which is another word the media doesn't live up to.

prestige - widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.breitbart.com/video...e-facts-they-report/

what ? Brian Williams preaching about reducing media prestige ?

How do you diminish facts?

Real, true, actual no fooling facts, you know, the ones that ruin a good story?

quote:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
You have to suspect a mole or several in the holdover civil service staff.

Trump will face a significant problem from these guys who work for the government but are not on his side. Even after his cabinet gets in place, those sneaky immoral bastards in civil service will be trying to gum things up.

Freakin' bolshies.

Anyone here old enough to remember the Cambridge Five?

Funny you should mention them! I just finished the chapter on Richard Rhode's outstanding book: Dark Star about the making of the hydrogen bomb. I was blown away by reading about those group of homosexual perverted men that happily gave all our hard won secrets to the Russians. What a weird story. I am surprised Hollywood hasn't made some movie about it.

Link

Posts: 316 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Report This Post