SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
These last 6 days have been the best ever, even better than the invention of sliced bread.

And indoor plumbing.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I enjoy a good shower from time to time.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump is certainly a man of action. I read earlier but forgot where otherwise I would link the source that he works 20 hours and sleeps 4.
Secret Service guys are going to be awful tired. Razz

Golf Digest says according to their rankings Trump by taking the oath automatically made him the best of all the golfing presidents with a 2.8 handicap and 19 club victories.

I doubt we see him on the golf course anytime soon. He's a workaholic. Obama would have 30 rounds in by now. Obama played 330 rounds during his 8 years. While not the most rounds of golf played by a sitting president it ranks up there.

I doubt Trump plays half that during his 8 years. Wink

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8610 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
It's like logic and reason are back in style!

President Trump is assembling a virtual "murderer's row" with his cabinet picks, for business savvy and intelligence.

Here is a man not afraid to surround himself with high-IQ people, ready to kick in doors.

I'm almost speechless Smile We're back!!

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from Zero lately?

Nope.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A post in "The Corner" on nNtional Review Online described that this would be a "vivid" presidency. I only hope that the supply of exploding progressive heads will last past the first six months. (full Disclosure: Donald Trump was never my choice, but as a #neverHilaryite, he seems to have been the right person for the occasion. We all knew the perpetual outrage machine would get up to full speed quickly, but it's is having trouble keeping up with #45.)

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1547 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Do you think we can get him to re-open the lead smelters? Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
♪And on the 6th day of Trump-mas the Donald gave to me......
The end of executive amnesty.♪

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Philadelphia,

Paul Ryan:

“We are on the same page as the White House,”

“this is going to be an unconventional presidency.”

unconventional, hadn't noticed Smile

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The cool part of the last 6 days is the deliberate strategy of going big right away and acting on 5 or 6 issues already.
By doing so many things at once, it keeps the media and other opponents from focusing.

The strategy is positively brilliant.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Golf Digest says according to their rankings Trump by taking the oath automatically made him the best of all the golfing presidents with a 2.8 handicap and 19 club victories.

So, Obama can't even claim golf as his legacy, is that what you are saying? Smile

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
The cool part of the last 6 days is the deliberate strategy of going big right away and acting on 5 or 6 issues already.
By doing so many things at once, it keeps the media and other opponents from focusing.

The strategy is positively brilliant.

It is brilliant. In the past a President picked one or two things, and spent most of his political capital trying to push them through.

He is saying "I am a leader, and I am in charge!" the strongest way possible: by not wasting any time in keeping his word. I have not seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The line that stood out to me in Trump's inaugural address was, "I will not disappoint you." It was simple, direct, and clear as a bell. It's the way a man talks who will be true to his word.

I will not disappoint you.

Every day of his presidency is a thing of beauty.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11194 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
It's like logic and reason are back in style!

President Trump is assembling a virtual "murderer's row" with his cabinet picks, for business savvy and intelligence.

Here is a man not afraid to surround himself with high-IQ people, ready to kick in doors.

I'm almost speechless Smile We're back!!

Intelligence isn't everything.

quote:
“Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don't have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it's true.

-- Warren Buffett

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
This line from his speech will probably be his biggest challenge.

"We will get our people off of welfare and back to work, rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor."

I would be willing to bet that a large percentage of the people on welfare don't want to go back to work. He's going to have to find some way to give them a little push.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wheeler10k:
Bad Lip reading on the inauguration:

BLR_DJT style

Smile LMAO

Damn that had me weeping. I had to pause it a couple times.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
So Friday the 20th to Thursday the 26th. So this is winning. So this is winning so much we are going to get tired of winning.

I think I can get used to it. Big Grin

Posts: 6489 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have been a Grateful American, but I find myself renewed in a way that is beyond proper words.

I find myself chuckling out loud a lot at many things I see, and read.

It is like a new day, every day, and I hope people understand the darkness that could have descended upon us all.

Let us not forget this great blessing bestowed upon us to work to right the great Columbia, and not grow complacent on each of our responsibilities to be the proper and good citizens in doing the things we need to do every day to keep and protect what we have been given.

It is important that we mind those who mind the store, and not simply expect that all will take care of itself without our due diligence.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump Has EPA Employees ‘Coming To Work In Tears’

the problem isn't the tears, the problem is they're still coming to work

but hopefully the President will deal an effective blow to the EPA and cut them by at least 95%

no new regulations, no tweeting bullshit science

they should spend their time updating their resumes

but who the hell would ever hire a former EPA employee?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
one thing to do to stem the flow of money heading from us to Mexico is to put limits on Western Union and Moneygram for all out-of-country transfers

25% surcharge with a maximum of $50 transferable per transaction

that would put a dent in the currency leaving the country

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post