Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clearly, there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group.

I can't believe they got this out without choking on their own bullshit.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15487 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Would they ever have dared mock Islam in a similar way?”

I’ve been saying this since that abomination was performed. I dare them to insult Islam the way they did Christianity. There would be blood in the streets.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15788 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The Olympic apology is too late and meaningless. They knew what they were doing for months before.
The bishops remark is absolutely correct.

I really want to enjoy watching the Olympics. These athletes spent years in training and would love to Americans perform well. But the politics make me so bitter, I cant watch.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3927 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I honestly cannot believe that any of us would watch this shit.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInAR:
We should petition the IOC to include IDPA style events, or maybe 3-gun. Or long-range shooting.
Defensive shooting? Impossible. The very thought of firearms used in such a manner will make them crap themselves.
During the Tokyo Olympics, I saw some footage of Modern Pentathlon and could hardly believe they replaced the shooting w/ laser pistols. I just looked up, and it turns laser pistols were introduced back in 2011.

I also read that for 2028, they're replacing the equestrian event w/ a Ninja Warrior style obstacle course.

Posts: 3259 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Just gaslighting bullshit from the olympics over the ceremony. Theres multiple sources of those involved saying it was the last supper etc. before getting all the backlash. Then the excuse changed multiple times as to why it wasn't. Fuck em and fuck their little games

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
The organizers of the Paris Olympics apologized to Christian and Catholic groups

I don't think anyone gives a shit. That was abhorrent and disgusting, that wasn't a simple mistake. A forced apology is not going to win me back.

Have fun with your LGBT burlesque show. No way in hell I will tune my TV to this knowingly. The Olympics are over for me, they are the alphabet peoples events to me now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21105 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the Olympic Committee vote to allow transgendered athletes to compete in these games?[/QUOTE]

I just read that two male to not-male trans boxers are allowed to compete against women.
Due to my almost total lack of belief in news sources, please, IS THIS TRUE?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2148 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ one would have to be mentally ill to watch a chick being beaten up by a guy in a boxing match.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11088 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of this was inevitable . There's no way society can fall this far without it affecting the Olympics as well . I remember looking forward to the games years ago . This time I haven't watched even one event .

Posts: 4242 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I feel for the athletes that trained for years to get there, not involved in the politics or social gendering aspect of international idiots who have abused the privilege of the games such as France and the IOC have done.

Not everyone there is guilty even by association with the games of the debauchery of the opening ceremony with it's anti Christian drag show or the transathletes being allowed to compete.

It is a shame that the games have been corrupted by the extreme agendas of world leaders and the IOC.

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
Did the Olympic Committee vote to allow transgendered athletes to compete in these games?
quote:

I just read that two male to not-male trans boxers are allowed to compete against women.
Due to my almost total lack of belief in news sources, please, IS THIS TRUE?

Yes it's true. An Algerian and a Taiwanese. The Algerian already battered one woman.

As far as I'm concerned, all the true women who are supposed to fight one of these dudes should simply refuse. Let them "earn" their tainted gold through a series of forfeits.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Not everyone there is guilty even by association with the games of the debauchery of the opening ceremony with it's anti Christian drag show or the transathletes being allowed to compete.

Silence in the face of evil is evil itself (paraphrasing an old dead white guy).

If these athletes had any principles worth admiring they'd have walked and refused to be a part of it. That I could respect.

I haven't watched the Olympics since Evander Holyfield got screwed over and I'm dang sure not about to start now.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as I'm concerned, all the true women who are supposed to fight one of these dudes should simply refuse. Let them "earn" their tainted gold through a series of forfeits.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Excellent idea!! F*ck those transgender fakes! Make any success a hollow victory without honor!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2148 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInAR:
We should petition the IOC to include IDPA style events, or maybe 3-gun. Or long-range shooting.
Defensive shooting? Impossible. The very thought of firearms used in such a manner will make them crap themselves.
During the Tokyo Olympics, I saw some footage of Modern Pentathlon and could hardly believe they replaced the shooting w/ laser pistols. I just looked up, and it turns laser pistols were introduced back in 2011.

I also read that for 2028, they're replacing the equestrian event w/ a Ninja Warrior style obstacle course.

Horsemanship and fencing were arguably not "modern" in 1912, and now they are positively archaic.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A proper apology from the IOC would involve the suicides of all members of the committee.

And I'm not talking about taking an overdose of sleeping pills or any shit like that. If they want us to believe that they're truly sorry, I want to see a true commitment to their self-destruction.

Head on out to the airport and get sucked into the engine of an idling jet aircraft. Then I'll know that they're truly sorry and then I will accept their apology.

Now, of course, several aircraft will be required, I think. I figure the four engines on an Airbus A380 should be able to handle 12 of these assholes before shutting down from getting clogged with the goo they'd become (three assholes per engine)

Looks like the IOC is composed of 111 assholes, so let's get ten A380s lined up. Send the bill to the Accounts Payable department of the IOC. In addition to the cost of rebuilding forty aircraft engines, don't forget the environmental cleanup fees. Mother Earth and all that...

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss hearing the words: East German judge……

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1547 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
A proper apology from the IOC would involve the suicides of all members of the committee.

And I'm not talking about taking an overdose of sleeping pills or any shit like that. If they want us to believe that they're truly sorry, I want to see a true commitment to their self-destruction.

Head on out to the airport and get sucked into the engine of an idling jet aircraft. Then I'll know that they're truly sorry and then I will accept their apology.

Now, of course, several aircraft will be required, I think. I figure the four engines on an Airbus A380 should be able to handle 12 of these assholes before shutting down from getting clogged with the goo they'd become (three assholes per engine)

Looks like the IOC is composed of 111 assholes, so let's get ten A380s lined up. Send the bill to the Accounts Payable department of the IOC. In addition to the cost of rebuilding forty aircraft engines, don't forget the environmental cleanup fees. Mother Earth and all that...

Too much damage and gore for the lowly mechanics to deal.

Now a wood chipper on the other hand…

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14142 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Female boxer yells 'this is unjust' and falls to her knees in tears as she quits fight against 'biologically male' Olympic opponent Imane Khelif after just 46 SECONDS following two powerful punches

A boxer deemed a 'biological male' today won against an Italian woman in one of the most controversial Olympic bouts ever.

The fight between Italy's Angela Carini and her Algerian opponent Imane Khelif took just 46 seconds, with the Italian throwing her helmet onto the floor as the clash was abandoned, yelling: 'This is unjust.'

The 25-year-old refused the handshake and fell to the canvas sobbing having received just two punches from Khelif - who had been banned from a major boxing contest before the Olympics.

Khelif was thrown out of last year's world championships after failing testosterone tests carried out to establish gender qualification.

After the match was stopped, the referee raised Khelif's hand in the air. But a visibly furious Carini yanked her own hand away from the fight official and walked off.

Ignoring the Algerian, the Italian fighter then plunged to her knees and burst into tears as she said she had never felt such strong blows in a contest before.

Speaking after the match, the heartbroken Italian said: 'I'm used to suffering. I've never taken a punch like that, it's impossible to continue. I'm nobody to say it's illegal.

'I got into the ring to fight. But I didn't feel like it anymore after the first minute. I started to feel a strong pain in my nose. I didn't give up, but a punch hurt too much and so I said enough. I'm leaving with my head held high.'

-more at link

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post