New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
This opening ceremony is one of the most cringe things I’ve ever seen. I’d turn it off but I’m not the only one watching this garbage and they all wanted to see it.

Same...I'm stuck.
Paris is quite the visual treat as I really enjoy Beaux-Art architecture however, this 'ceremony' is anything but. I'm not looking for pomp & circumstance, I appreciate some home-country style and I thought the athletes on boats was a good thing but...this was a mess.

No doubt those are who artistically inclined and live in a world of counter-culture are loving this but, to the rest of the world and to the 'normies', this opening was a poop-sandwich, it was pathetic. This whole merging of athletics-fashion-music...it started with ESPN and their ESPY awards program Roll Eyes

Edit- best part was the end, Celine Dion; very classic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: corsair,

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Badminton, Break Dancing, Golf, Skateboarding, Ping Pong, Trampoline?

I thought the breakdancing thing was just like "for demonstration purpose only"?

I will say I scoffed at badminton and ping pong, but having seen videos of Olympic level players, they don't play like normal people. No, it's not as athletic as some sports, but it isn't for Joe Average either.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16225 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair: Still trying to figure out how a small population of Jamaica is producing so many world class sprinters.

Any idea of the juvenile crime figures back there? THAT alone might explain the incredible velocities achieved by some young Jamaicans.... Wink

Posts: 11428 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I'll watch any of the shooting sports that they decide to air, which frankly I don't expect to be very much. Otherwise the summer games don't hold any interest for me at all. I'm more of a winter games guy.

Although the Radio Times schedule mag mentioned the 10m air rifle they seem to have gotten the timings mixed up. It was supposed to have a slot at 9:30 local time, but by the time I turned on the TV, 3 seconds late, it had been and gone.

Team GB came 26th and failed to qualify, sadly. There are hopes in the shotgunning, though....

Posts: 11428 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Boycott. Mocking of Christ, Blasphemy, Transgenders allowed in some events. Outright attacking of Christianity in opening ceremonies.
+1

Drag queens dancing with children, mocking the Last Supper, a Ménage à trois enactment, etc is demonic not entertainment. Coca-Cola, Delta, Eli Lilly, Toyota, Visa, and Comcast’s Xfinity sponsored this olympics opening ceremony filth.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34469 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
- Galatians 6:7

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4248 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Just more lefties letting me know they hate me and what I believe in. I don’t watch anymore so they can sit around and huff their own farts. When athletes start boycotting and demanding sports without politics I will tune back in.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Boycott. Mocking of Christ, Blasphemy, Transgenders allowed in some events. Outright attacking of Christianity in opening ceremonies.
+1

Drag queens dancing with children, mocking the Last Supper, a Ménage à trois enactment, etc is demonic not entertainment. Coca-Cola, Delta, Eli Lilly, Toyota, Visa, and Comcast’s Xfinity sponsored this olympics opening ceremony filth.

Imagine sitting down with the family to watch the Olympics and then having to explain to your mother and/or children what they just saw. Eek

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Imagine sitting down with the family to watch the Olympics and then having to explain to your mother and/or children what they just saw. Eek

https://x.com/vlucas/status/1816906918792991028

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t watch the ceremony and don’t plan to watch any of the events. I stopped giving a shit years ago when they started allowing professional athletes to compete. And you can imagine what I think about Labron James.

Posts: 806 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I liked the boats. This is a huge departure from tradition, as of course the Parade of Nations in every previous games I've seen had them all walking into the stadium.

Seine river tours are a huge part of Paris' appeal, and it was neat to see this unique aspect of French culture.

I Nnoticed some smaller countries had dinky little boats instead of sharing the larger boats. I thought it was a rather big protocol snub. Heck, even the NorKs had their own section of a bigger boat. That was insulting, IMO.

I did NOT enjoy the 'fashion'/freak show. That was likely another attempt at showcasing French 'culture,' but seeing a bearded dude in a dress turned my stomach. Fortunately, I didn't see the perverted/blasphemous Last Supper mockery nor the 3some.

I never agreed with letting millionaire pro athletes compete in the games. I have no interest in basketball and would never watch even if it were a REAL US team.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21914 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
The Netherlands is letting a convicted child rapist compete.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8001 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Our men’s soccer team is up 3-0 @ halftime over New Zealand.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Telecom company C Spire is leaving the building.

https://x.com/cspire/status/1817212284512481485?s=46

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I got stuck watching the opening ceremonies too but luckily I only lasted a few minutes before I fell asleep. If their goal was to offend about half of the people subjected to watching it they certainly succeeded.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1895 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least they didn't introduce South Korea in the opening ceremonies as the:

"Democratic People's Republic of Korea!"

Ooo, um, wait... nevermind.

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I read the winds correctly, the Olympic Committee's shortsighted maneuver is backfiring. The IOC is going after individuals- little accounts- on Twitter for copyright violation, for posting video of these disgusting opening ceremonies. The implication is clear. The IOC is now trying to suppress the distribution of an international broadcast. I don't recall the IOC doing anything like this before, not to individuals.

As for me, I find myself unable to post what I would like to see happen to everyone involved with this shit- the IOC and all the freaks who participated. Let's just say that if I had my way, not a single one of them would ever be seen again.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed watching the Olympics. The athletes' excelling in their sports is amazing. However, the opening ceremony has so disgusted me, that I have no desire to watch any of it now. Ruined it!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7213 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Oh, and to top all that (IMO), they had a team from 'palestine.' That is NOT a country; it is a region, like the Alsace, Appalacia, or the Rio Grande Valley. They do not deserve representation as a legitimate country, ESPECIALLY since Taiwan had to go as 'Tapei Olympic Team,' or something like that. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21914 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post