Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Did y’all see where the Morroco’s judo competitor refused to shake the Israelis hand and got pounded like a little bitch by the Japanese competitor?
He had even shouted allah akbar.

Absolute karma.

Well this brings a smile to my face. . . Smile

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture of Muhammed Ali holding the torch. That was class.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Just reported on X that there is a significant power outage across most of Paris…

Things that make you go, “Hmmmm…”

Apparently, during the outage, the only place lit up in Paris was the Sacre’ Coeur Basilica.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news...1i?ocid=BingNewsVerp

Posts: 20550 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Our men’s soccer team is up 3-0 @ halftime over New Zealand.

Why are you supporting this by watching?

It matters at this point. Every person

I love watching disciplined people strive for greatness and athletic excellence.

I don’t care about their politics or the music they like, I just want to witness their joy (or share in their sorrow) as they compete in an event they’ve trained their whole lives for.

So when a company does something abhorrent but you like the product, I'm assuming you still continue to buy the product?

The whole "I like it so I'll buy/watch anyway" attitude is what has allowed this stuff to permeate into everything.

Completely different scenario and you know it!

nice cut

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2034 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Class?

Posts: 109004 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Holy 'Nested Quotes' Batman! Wink

If I'm understanding correctly, the post Para is referring to would appear to be related to ONLY the very last quoted post (re: Black92LX's CUT), making everything else entirely unnecessary and simply cluttering up the page.

Further, all five of the quoted posts have an extra (and also unnecessary!) line inserted wasting even more space on the page.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9428 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's right. Nested quotes.

Mr. Peteroniman, look at all that real estate you're taking up on the page, and all to post two words.

That post is five quotes deep, when all you did was address the last quote. Black92LX, you're right behind him with this stuff.

Anyone who doesn't know how to avoid this when quoting, should ask.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Surprise Bronze for USA in Men's Team Gymnastics.

Japan
China
USA

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the air rifle matches this afternoon. Think the NBC sports app will carry it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6293 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Class?

Maybe I used the wrong word. I think he was an Olympic champion when he was named Clay.
I meant it to honor the games when he lit the fire to start the Olympics. He was suffering
from Parkinsons and to have him light the fire was an honor to him. Now they have this
disgusting last supper shit to start the games. I hope that makes sense.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
understood

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2034 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics, but a after reading about the woke bullshit in the opening ceremony, I won't watch them again.

Ever.

Period.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31984 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
The Opening and Closing “Ceremonies” have always been about how the Games organizers view things through their blinkered glasses. That’s why they have to have “entertainers” to make a big spectacle. Just don’t watch them, and concentrate on the various sporting events themselves. And should certain team members make a “political statement” of some sort, then to hell with them.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2795 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Maybe I used the wrong word.
My post was not referring to yours.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Maybe I used the wrong word.
My post was not referring to yours.

Thanks for letting me know.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Let the games begin!

Yeah, I thought so too.

Posts: 9402 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I have watched mens and womens gymnastics and swimming. It's pretty impressive stuff. The swimmers seem to do better with handing their nerves and emotions, but the gymnasts seem to get wrapped around the axle mentally where it can affect their performance more than the swimmers. It may have to do with differences in extreme concentration for perfection in muscle memory, vice swimmers, who probably do the same thing, but it's more of a power with smoothness thing vs 1mm off and you're screwed type of movement for gymnasts. Maybe something along those lines. Or maybe being 5 foot your whole life comes with its own set of problems. Just kidding. It's all good, top athletes are amazing human beings.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8914 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Upside down flag is appropriate for the opening ceremony.

Latest medal results

mouse button checker

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
The swimmers seem to do better with handing their nerves and emotions, but the gymnasts seem to get wrapped around the axle mentally where it can affect their performance more than the swimmers.
I believe a lot of it has to do w/ competing in sports where the results are objectively vs subjectively determined. A swimming race is very straight-forward. The technology of the timing systems and cameras leave no doubt about who finished in what place. A swimmer has no one to blame but himself about where he places.

Contrast that w/ a sport like gymnastics that's subjectively judged. When things get tight between competitors, they're at the mercy of the judges. IMO, there's a lot more to get into one's head.

There are more risk calculations. For example, should you do the safer routine that you hit 90% of the time but at best will likely land you Bronze, or the more difficult routine w/ higher point rating? You've only nailed it 33% of the time in practice. If you pull it off, you'll have a chance at Olympic Gold, but if you don't, you'll most likely finish off the podium.

On top of that, on the women's side, the gymnasts tend to be much younger and immature. I know there have been a lot of teenage phenom female swimmers, but 16-18 y/o Olympian swimmers are still considered the exception where in women's gymnastics that's the norm.

Posts: 3257 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post