New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics 2024 Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We haven’t watched all that much of the Olympics. My oft repeated comment seems to be, “I didn’t know that was an Olympic sport!” Usually followed by, “Why is it?”

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Scheffler.

Gets arrested and a Gold medal in the span of a few months.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3634 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Scheffler.

Orange jump suit to gold medal

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Number one golfer this year rises to the occasion.
Scottie Sheffler >> GOLD. Cool

I understand the ratings draw of having people that viewers have heard of involved, but all the pro golfers, tennis, hoops and soccer players, etc. should have continued to be required to stay in their lane.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3634 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When is this stuff over?

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Not soon enough.

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When is this stuff over?

The regular Olympics or the follow on para-Olympics as well?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have to say the archery match today, even though we only won Silver was VERY close and fun to watch.

The US vs. Italy Beach Volleyball game was similar, edge of your seat match.

US came up short in fencing against France, that I don't completely understand which made it hard to watch. A lot of rules.

Was pretty awesome watching Men's 100M and the swimming events where we took medals.

I think I'm most proud to see almost every athlete comments first about how important it is to work hard, perform well, represent the USA and do everything they can win for their country.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scheffler.

To be fair, it was a bullshit arrest. Unjustified. Charges dismissed very quickly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I think I'm most proud to see almost every athlete comments first about how important it is to work hard, perform well, represent the USA and do everything they can win for their country.

I don't have the time to watch much of the Olympics, so I only see snippets here and there. I have seen a few interviews similar to what you say here. Spot on comments.

I started participated in athletics in kindergarten and never looked back. I wasn't that good at many of them -- it took awhile to settle in on what I liked, and what I didn't suck at. It's unfortunate that the Olympics gets constantly wrapped up in bullshit that takes away from the athletes and their chosen events. Participating in, and especially competing in, individual & teams sports provides important life messages.

Posts: 7997 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think the IOC and in particular the France committee has done more to destroy the reputation and integrity of the concept of the Olympics than any other cause.

I think it’s a shame that people can work hard, sacrifice and train and in most cases are proud to represent the country and have all that undermined by a group of fairies, freaks and faggots, and a bunch of men who want to beat the shit out of women.

I’ve not turned on the programming - not even to watch the golf.

There needs to be a penalty or some tangible ramification for this abhorrent behavior. This was all by design. There were no accidents or miscalculations. It was all on purpose.

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
To be fair, it was a bullshit arrest. Unjustified. Charges dismissed very quickly.

Yep. Cop with an "authoritay" attitude.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Scheffler.

Lost in translation I guess.

Yes, it was an overzealous traffic cop who was on a power trip.

All charges were dropped.

I wasn’t trying to say anything bad about him. It was just a quick “funny “ post from me…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I will say, we giggled quite a bit on the “3x3 basketball.” Why playground ball was made an Olympic sport is beyond us, but it was hilarious - and would be a great sport for retired NBA players.

Posts: 5909 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I will say, we giggled quite a bit on the “3x3 basketball.” Why playground ball was made an Olympic sport is beyond us, but it was hilarious - and would be a great sport for retired NBA players.

So much bullshit "sports" has been added in recent years. Examples: Skateboarding? Sport climbing? Breakdancing? Give me a break.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

So much bullshit "sports" has been added in recent years. Examples: Skateboarding? Sport climbing? Breakdancing? Give me a break.

And next round, add in men's and women's flag football

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'll start watching, when they add hot dog eating contest.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
And next round, add in men's and women's flag football

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes, Los Angeles 2028 will include flag football, cricket, lacrosse, squash, and bring back baseball/softball as full-medal sports.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
The swimmers seem to do better with handing their nerves and emotions, but the gymnasts seem to get wrapped around the axle mentally where it can affect their performance more than the swimmers.
Contrast that w/ a sport like gymnastics that's subjectively judged. When things get tight between competitors, they're at the mercy of the judges. IMO, there's a lot more to get into one's head.
I just saw this excerpt from an interview w/ 2008 All-Around gymnastics Olympic Gold medalist Nastia Liukin that provides some new insight. Apparently, when the judges see you in practice and warm-ups, they're already judging you.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post