SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
If “they” were not afraid of the people, they would not be buying so much ammo for the IRS and other agencies while trying to disarm the lawful citizen.

All of it is to instill fear in everyone that might or does, oppose the ever and continual move of tyranny and ruling over the people. Nothing new under the sun.

The fact that it has become so overt, rather than the past covert actions and behaviors, is because those desiring to rule, either believe they have the winning hand, or they are so foolish to think their game will fall in their favor.

They truly do not want a fight, they want "voluntary" compliance.

All fine, until the chessboard gets flipped.

And I am ever hopeful that the pendulum swings back and people with vision and integrity can move the lines back to more sane positions.

Ever hopeful...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I love how DeSantis was quick to condemn this but this also should end any thoughts by him of running in 2024.

Another part of the plan

Stop Trump from either:

a) running for office
b) helping elect others to office
c) fundraising for GOP candidates
d) scare off others like him from considering running
e) intimidate individuals, groups, PAC's or companies who donate to conservatives
f) all of the above

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I too am hoping the tables turn in a big way soon, and I’m now hoping the Republicans go scorched earth. I too will be supporting Trump in the primaries instead of DeSantis as I had hoped. I love DeSantis but his time will come. We need Trump with a comfortable majority in congress and we need to fix this country.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
That's forgetful thinking IMO.

From 2016 to 2018 the Republicans held the WH and both houses and there was no fixing DC or draining the swamp.

Assuming Trump runs and wins in 2024, will you have like minded Republicans in the Senate and the House? Will you have a 60 seat majority in the Senate to move legislation? I doubt you will. You will get some movement on legislation but by and large it will be a repeat of 2016 to 2018.

I have zero faith that the Republicans can oe are even willing to help Trump drain it.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I remain supremely pissed and disgusted that both South Dakota's senators voted to confirm that corrupt radical POS Garland as AG. Thune, current Minority Whip, who originally unseated Tom Daschle, and Rounds, former SD Governor.

They have become the face of milquetoast Pubs.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yup, only if they get rid of the establishment GOP leadership (McConnell and McCarthy and the likes) and fill Congress with many MAGA / America First members can we hope to clean up any swamp. Otherwise, it will be just more Uniparty smoke & mirror dog and pony shows.

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

From 2016 to 2018 the Republicans held the WH and both houses and there was no fixing DC or draining the swamp.

We cannot forget that Republicans and the public in particular were being lied to about Russian collusion, the pols were waiting for the shoe to drop. It never did and never would but we lost two years because of it. Masterful move by the Democrat party and swamp. Then in 2018 it was time to move to impeachment to neutralize him.

Turns out it was the China Virus and the forced panic leading to paper ballots that were the most effective weapon against Trump, and the media in all the above.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Link

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Attorney General Merrick Garland to "preserve your documents and clear your calendar," warning of an oversight probe "when" Republicans take back the chamber in the midterm elections.

I wouldn’t be so quick to count your chickens before they hatch there Kev!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25424 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
As posted in the political meme thread.
If anyone still thinks that "if only we can get our guy into office this november he'll fix everything" I have a bridge for sale.
There's no going back folks.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cut it out, please. Run up your white flag elsewhere.

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's forgetful thinking IMO.

Assuming Trump runs and wins in 2024, will you have like minded Republicans in the Senate and the House? Will you have a 60 seat majority in the Senate to move legislation? I doubt you will. You will get some movement on legislation but by and large it will be a repeat of 2016 to 2018.

I have zero faith that the Republicans can oe are even willing to help Trump drain it.

I assume you are talking to me, and it’s not forgetful thinking at all. Wishful I guess, but that’s what I hope happens. I’m not sure how else to say what I hope for.

I’m well aware of the of the past. I have not forgotten. I simply hope for a better future and am trying to do my part.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Cut it out, please. Run up your white flag elsewhere.

No white flag. Just not going to believe we can keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Terrific

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's just about right.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Whenever the new regime investigates and prosecutes the previous regime it weakens the country internally and in the eyes of the world. We look like a banana republic or worse.

The default should be to leave the previous administration alone unless there is obvious evidence of great malfeasance in plain view. Imho it is better to let a typical politician go quietly into their twilight than drag the country down.

This is the philosophy President Ford applied to Nixon.

Posts: 9452 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^^
I almost thought that was a real headline for a minute. haha

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hillary Clinton. That bitch is as dirty as they come and everyone knows it.

Dirty enough to turn white water muddy black.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man what a time to be alive!!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
quote:

We cannot forget that Republicans and the public in particular were being lied to about Russian collusion, the pols were waiting for the shoe to drop. It never did and never would but we lost two years because of it. Masterful move by the Democrat party and swamp. Then in 2018 it was time to move to impeachment to neutralize him.

Turns out it was the China Virus and the forced panic leading to paper ballots that were the most effective weapon against Trump, and the media in all the above.

HK Ag

Prior to the 2018 midterm elections, it was well-known that the Democrats were going to impeach Trump and quite a few people in the D circle said so.

The cheatingdidn't really come on as an issue until the 2020 election and so that means in the 2018 election the very people in local districts that voted in Republicans to run the House did not vote to retain them as the majority. They simply sabotaged their own party and didn't heed the message that Trump was going to face investigations and impeachment if the Democrats won the House.

Republican voters in local districts failed to support the president by keeping the House.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post