SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Are there any photos or videos of the FBI at Mar-A-Lago?

Can't find any, and I'm curious: were they dressed in business suits, ties and white shirts, or did they re- Roger Stone the place in full battle-rattle with plates, helmets, rifles, etc.?

They were decked out and armed to the teeth.

Everything was for a pathetic political shit show with so many police vehicles with their lights on and agents armed to the teeth. FBI could have arranged with Secret Service to show up with a couple agents in unmarked vehicles quietly and get what they needed. It didn’t even need to be done that far with a warrant because it sounds like Trump was cooperating unless something went south and he told them to pound sand. A search warrant done the way it was should have been the option of absolute last resort.

Each time I have participated in a search warrant with extra uniformed local LE and marked vehicles was because there was a threat of weapons or the subject had a violent history.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I don't really have anything to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said, but last evening I got together with a couple of friends, one of which is an understated semi-liberal. Typically we try to avoid politics and keep the conversations about guy stuff like guns, motorcycles, sports and women, etc. Well, the subject about the raid came up and I made the comment that Obamas mansion should be invaded by the FBI as well to balance the public perception and our liberal friend went nuts said that it was blasphemous to suggest such a thing. Another friend then brought the hypocrisy up of the left and that was enough for him and he left in a huff. That underscores the problem this country has regarding the polarization that exists. Very disappointing. Frown

Jim

It really is disappointing. I am on LinkedIn as it is/was/should be a professional networking site. People have begun to post on it like it is Facebook, which irritates me. Anyway today I saw a pro-Trump post and the comments were in the thousands. It was sad to see professional people with their real names, job titles, and companies they work for posting very hateful things agains those who opposed their view. It was both sides of the isle doing it. I only post professional things on there and will never comment on something like that. If I posted a hateful comment and our chief saw it, I would be out of a job I am sure.

LinkedIn sucks.

Overall I would agree, but I have been on since it started and have a very large and broad network. There are many times I need information from a company and I can get it through a LinkedIn contact without the need to get a subpoena or search warrant. However, the success rate is starting to dwindle so yeah it is not what it was.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

Everything was for a pathetic political shit show with so many police vehicles with their lights on and agents armed to the teeth. FBI could have arranged with Secret Service to show up with a couple agents in unmarked vehicles quietly and get what they needed.

It was a ridiculous show of force. When the USSS is already on site, it seems rather pointless to go in the way they did.

Obviously they had to coordinate with the USSS anyway, given their presentation.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
You know, it's possible I'm mistaken. I wonder if the pics I saw of armed agents with rifles were actually Secret Service agents. I can't be certain.

The ones guarding the gates with rifles were Secret Service agents

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had to check on the author of the Newsweek opinion piece posted above (which is excellent!).
Ben Weingarten is a Claremonster.

I support the Claremont Institute in addition to subscribing to the Claremont Review. Of all the 'think tanks', Claremont has been the most steadfast supporter of Trump, and has supplied many alumni to fill positions in the Trump administration.

Take a look at American Mind website if you haven't seen it.

Charles Kesler, head of the Claremont Institute, has been solid for trump; and Michael Anton of Flight 93 Election is also a Claremonster; as is Steve Hayward on powerlineblog.com.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good analysis

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
White House says 'would not be appropriate' to comment on FBI search for nuclear documents

https://www.washingtonexaminer...documents-raid-trump

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was pressed on air to react to the explosive breaking news report that FBI agents were searching for classified documents related to nuclear weapons during their raid of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort on Monday.

During an appearance on MSNBC on Thursday, which took place within minutes of the Washington Post publishing the story, Jean-Pierre was asked to give the White House response. She declined to offer one.

"It would not be appropriate for us to speak to this, or comment on this. And so we leave it to the Department of Justice," she said.

Sources told the Washington Post that such classified information was among the items agents look for in the search, but declined to speak about any other materials that may have been sought. It remains unclear whether they found any nuclear documents. The report said the Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced earlier in the day that he had personally approved the FBI’s decision to seek a search warrant. He also revealed the Justice Department requested permission from the federal court to unseal the court-approved search warrant that authorized its raid. Meanwhile Trump claims he has been cooperating with investigators as he decried the raid as being politically motivated.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Would they be there even though President Trump wasn't? Maybe it's permanent duty regardless.

If I understand correctly, there is a remnant detail there even when he leaves the property.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
DOJ now asking for Secret Service personal cell phone numbers:
LINK

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Good analysis

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe class="rumble" frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://rumble.com/embed/v1cyffq/?pub=sxx5h" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I know that it is water that has long since gone under the bridge. I, like so many, have absolutely no use for Hillary Clinton. Pretty much a waste of good oxygen. However in the 2016 campaign, Trump stated that the Clintons would not plead the “fifth” unless they have something to hide. This now will give the media the opportunity for talking points and rewinds of those video clips for argumentative purposes. Just a thought that just crossed my little feeble mind. YMMV.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:

I know that it is water that has long since gone under the bridge. I, like so many, have absolutely no use for Hillary Clinton. Pretty much a waste of good oxygen. However in the 2016 campaign, Trump stated that the Clintons would not plead the “fifth” unless they have something to hide. This now will give the media the opportunity for talking points and rewinds of those video clips for argumentative purposes. Just a thought that just crossed my little feeble mind. YMMV.

Well, here's the distinction. If the last six years have taught us anything, we are living in a two tier justice system. He said it and so what? No one can say with any legitimacy that Trump, or any of his supporters for that matter, will get the same deference or fair shake that a Hillary Clinton or a James Comey or a Hunter Biden will get. So of course he took the 5th, and fuck all those who have a problem with that and anything contradictory he might have said in regards to it in the past.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree one thousand percent.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thousand percent? That's unpossible!

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
PERFECT

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here is the source: The Washington Post.
Used by the spooks to leak information to the American public. Sometimes it is true and many other times it is complete bullshit.

FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

Attorney General Merrick Garland wouldn’t discuss the search but said he personally signed off on
asking a judge to approve it

https://archive.ph/rnVHA#selection-431.0-435.126

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.
Attorney General Merrick Garland said he could not discuss the investigation on Thursday. But in an unusual public statement at the Justice Department, he announced he had personally authorized the decision to seek court permission for a search warrant.

Garland spoke moments after Justice Department lawyers filed a motion seeking to unseal the search warrant in the case, noting that Trump had publicly revealed the search shortly after it happened.

“The public’s clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing,” the motion says. “That said, the former President should have an opportunity to respond to this Motion and lodge objections, including with regards to any ‘legitimate privacy interests’ or the potential for other ‘injury’ if these materials are made public.”

Material about nuclear weapons is especially sensitive and usually restricted to a small number of government officials, experts said. Publicizing details about U.S. weapons could provide an intelligence road map to adversaries seeking to build ways of countering those systems. And other countries might view exposing their nuclear secrets as a threat, experts said.
One former Justice Department official, who in the past oversaw investigations of leaks of classified information, said the type of top-secret information described by the people familiar with the probe would probably cause authorities to try to move as quickly as possible to recover sensitive documents that could cause grave harm to U.S. security.

“If that is true, it would suggest that material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level,” said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, which investigates leaks of classified information. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”

More at link

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Of course it's "nuclear secrets". The only thing that could possibly be worse than nuclear weapons is Donald Trump in charge of nuclear weapons. So, that's what they'll use.

These people are so transparent it has become laughable.

I would surely like to see him start suing these bastards for harassment. He and his family have been persecuted, investigated, and harassed continuously for seven solid years. At this point they could tell you what color the panties were on the girl he lost his virginity to, and yet...they've found nothing. I, for one, am sick of them putting that family through this and am moreso sick and fucking tired of them putting the country through this. Sue every one of them into oblivion.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The phrase "Nuclear Docs" that appeared at the top of today's CNN page is so vague and potentially misleading but done with a purpose.
To the really uninformed it's meant to make the idiots think Trump has the secret blueprints to actual technical plans for a weapon. For everyone else, we can only guess what that means until and unless they actually spell it out.
I suspect it would have more to do with something of a political nature that happens to regard some sort of policy or negotiations somewhere. They didn't even specify nuclear weapons, so it could be nuclear power for all we know.

In any case, Trump has said he wants any and all released so hopefully we should know more soon.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve Bannon, President Trump's former political adviser who has spoken at CPAC and many other legitimate Conservative groups (and obviously likes to be in front of a camera), has chosen a new media outlet to pontificate on recent events. Where does he go, on that idiot Alex Jones' show. With friends like that, Trump doesn't need enemies. Bannon was an adviser to Trump years ago and was shown the door. He has been a Trump hanger on ever since, trying to make a living out of his former access to Trump. Kind of like the high school quarterback still talking non-stop about his high school days years later.

I wish Trump would call him up and say "Shut the fuck up and GO AWAY!"

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
So when is the Ef Bee Eye raiding Obama's compound? Roll Eyes

quote:
In the middle of directing the difficult task of transferring the historically important records of the Obama administration into the National Archives, the archivist in charge, David Ferriero, ran into a serious problem: A lot of key records are missing....

...And yet the accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders.

https://www.realclearpolitics....archives_137241.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post