SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
10 day forecast has the coolest day at 91 and the warmest at 94. Oh, and the dew points will be in the 70’s. What does that feel like? Take a hot shower, step out and put your clothes on wet!

Posts: 60 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Just idly wondering: has anyone gotten the joke in the OP, or noticed that it is nearly a year old?

Apparently very few. I thought we were supposed to be making more of an effort to at least read the opening post before responding to the title only?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16879 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Just idly wondering: has anyone gotten the joke in the OP, or noticed that it is nearly a year old?

Apparently very few. I thought we were supposed to be making more of an effort to at least read the opening post before responding to the title only?

Oh for chrisesakes. Speaking only for myself, yeah, I’m aware of the screenshot in the OP showing a temp of 712°. The thread turned into one about local temperatures by the 3rd or 4th post on the 1st page. Eleven pages, not about the 712° photo.

Hey, do either of you have study hall with Susie Swotek?

Posts: 13557 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yezzzzz boyz, its a fucking heat wave. 100+ in NW Quad. Mad

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19701 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
We broke the all-time high of 117F here in Vegas on Sunday. It hit 120F.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Forecast here is for 100+ highs for the next 2 weeks, with a handful of days hitting 105-110. Not as bad as some of you guys get, but it's more than I'm used to. I have a friend who lives in Phoenix. Damn, just damn.

Posts: 7394 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Headed for 105 again today in the mid-Willamette Valley.
The record for today is 97.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2179 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A high of just 71° today. I just wish it would stop raining. Flooding is our concern.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24571 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s so hot here, tweakers are putting the copper back in the ACs.

Posts: 13828 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
my kid in northern cali has had daytime highs 110-120 degF for a least a couple weeks, worse than arizona, had no idea it was like that up there.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
100+ the last five days. It is supposed to end tomorrow.

Posts: 590 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We got an unseasonably cool break today. High of just 80 and a low of 60 tonight.

About 15 degrees below the norm for this part of summer. But it'll be back in the mid-90s this weekend.

Posts: 33035 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

Based on my post on page 2, I believe I caught on at the time.

75 in the shade ATM.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Central Florida between Orlando and Tampa
7/9/2024
1:55pm eastern standard time.
96 degrees
63% humidity
This is the first day we have not broken 100 degrees, yet.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's 97°F here with a relative humidity of 55%. Or as Ann would say:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann gives me a chubbie! Its 79 in the Yoop but quite humid. Dew point is 63.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Ok, it was 110 here yesterday but it’s a dry heat But looking at 712 - ok I don’t care what the humidity is - that’s really hot.

Posts: 53775 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 112F at my house yesterday, and is supposed to be the same today!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Savannah:
92, w Heat Index of 109, thanks to only 68% RH.

Billy

Posts: 282 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It's so hot here....

How hot is it?

It's so hot here the chickens are laying hard boiled eggs.

It's so hot here folks are using the mailbox for a toaster oven.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post