SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It was delightful here yesterday. High of 75.
Perfect day for outside activities.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
77, after a morning low of 51. Yesterday the AC didn't come on until almost 6:00 p.m., and that was its only run.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
We're in what I hope will be our last run of 90+ days. I saw a couple groups (flocks? gaggles?) of geese headed south over the weekend, that should be a good sign.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are still enjoying 100+ days and 80s at night. Sept. is just another Aug. to us. Mid to late Oct. will bring a much wanted cool off.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
77, after a morning low of 51. Yesterday the AC didn't come on until almost 6:00 p.m., and that was its only run.

I wish members would have their Location field with a geographic name. Can’t see why many don’t.

Without it there’s no point in posting in this thread. Except to get thir post count up.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I don't think we even hit 90* today here in N Houston.
Had a beautiful weekend, too. Makes me miss having a motorcycle, was about perfection weather for it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The last few weeks the rain has been going around us in central Florida, at least our neighborhood. With that said it had been in the mid to upper 90s.

We finally started getting the afternoon thunder storms again so the afternoons have been a little cooler.

As of right now,

76 degrees.
99% humidity.
winds out of the east at 4mph.
So far for today .21 inches of rain.
38 lighting strikes within 20 miles of me.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
52° at daybreak. Got up to 80° this afternoon with 25% humidity and a light breeze. Pretty dang nice.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
It’s been about 105-110 last few days I think. Guess depends on what thermometer I trust. I’ll just say over 100 and it definitely feels like.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2545 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I don't think we even hit 90* today here in N Houston...

Yeah, after the last 2 weeks of rain nearly everyday, with the heat & mugginess, summer is over, although fall doesn't officially start in nearly 2 weeks. And, speaking of "hot", this year was just another typical Houston summer, not so outrageous like last year. My electric bill is 228 dollars less each month this summer. Last summer was just crazy.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the news tonight, we've had 44 days at or above 100 degrees this year - tied the record.

We are supposed to cool down a bit tomorrow - around 85 degrees. Highest forecast for the next 10 days is 90.

Posts: 2812 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
We are enjoying unseasonably cool weather for early September in the eastern panhandle of WV. Summer sure seems to be over early here. September is usually fairly warm and humid here.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15790 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post