SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The snowbirds will be leaving soon enough and then the road and parking lots will be more manageable

86 here today. Blue sky and light breeze. Perfect weather. And the haze is finally gone - dust and pollen turned the sky brown for 4 or 5 days.

Posts: 53301 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 here in MQT. Clear blue sky. light breeze. No tourists yet. My motorcycle comes out of winter hibernation tomorrow!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16170 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Third day in a row with a 100F heat index. Never got below 78% humidity and felt like I needed a machete to chop through the air.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23380 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Started getting hot, but I shop vac’d the condensate line and it’s back to 74.

Posts: 11106 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sheeeeeiiittt. This was Monday morning. And then we got more Tuesday and Wednesday.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30511 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Yep. Got 3-4 inches of snow Monday. May in Alaska is always interesting.

Posts: 1740 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Warm enough today I was painting in the garage without shirt.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6337 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
72 yesterday and for once brilliantly sunny...and of course I caught myself a frickin' COLD and kept myself at home and in bed all day. Then again no one said life would be easy. Frown

-MG

Posts: 2045 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I was in the high 80s here in the Tampa area yesterday. Quite warm. Much prefer the heat to the cold so I'm good. Can't wait to get that daily 2pm rain shower. I enjoy the humidity over the dry desert with 15% humidity where all your products made of wood crack and your skin is constantly itchy.

Posts: 13158 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's been in the high eighties and over ninety on occasion this week.
BUT it's true that it is the humidity not the heat.
Went out to hit golf balls a couple days ago and it was awful, was going to go again yesterday but it was so bad I didn't even want to go out of the house.
Maybe today is a better day? Smile

Posts: 22985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flirting with 90 most days now and perfect temps for me. The colder days are 88-89.

Bob

Posts: 1590 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Lately, daytime highs have been around 84° with nighttime lows around 66°.

Posts: 6958 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
First day where I said, crap it is getting hot. Mid eighties. So not terrible but feeling like it is going to be a hot summer. Very dry in the west. Terrible actually. Everything is already bone dry.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19282 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What is this “hot” of which you speak?

Posts: 13330 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Just idly wondering: has anyone gotten the joke in the OP, or noticed that it is nearly a year old?

Posts: 28073 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
94° in Lake Havasu, Az later today. Earlier today we were snowed on (lightly) on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Great road trip.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4245 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Just idly wondering: has anyone gotten the joke in the OP, or noticed that it is nearly a year old?

A Joke? I don't think so. It's relevant. Mid 60's now, got my little oil radiator plugged in next to me downstairs
Life is good! About 70 tomorrow, I'll do some more yard work before it gets hot. Couldn't stand hot and humid

Posts: 1044 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Screenshot of the joke from OP, for those who are too busy to look it up for themselves:

“Gonna be warm, not hot!”

]

Posts: 26995 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Been mid 40s at dawn and peaking at 60° the last few days. Might get to 70° for one of the next few days but otherwise 60s and some rain.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3491 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
We woke up to brisk 45 degrees on Friday, the day time temp was in the low 70's. It won't last but dang that was one great day !!

Posts: 3857 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post