SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The rain that was forecast for Tuesday has all but evaporated & those low 90s highs are back to triple digits.
As of 2:16PM, the Terminal Area Forecast (TAF) for Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) still states VCSH, which is Showers in the Vicinity, pretty much from 4:00AM throughout the morning and from 2:00PM through about 7:00PM. I would translate this as scattered to widely scattered showers around the airport area. Some gusty winds cranking up mid-morning.

That would cover my office at JFK/BW8 & rules out taking the convertible to work tomorrow.
Hope a bit makes its way up to the Woodlands & drops a bit on my house as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Face

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
101 deg

Posts: 4237 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thermometer on my east-facing porch shows 110 right now

Posts: 450 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
107F at my house as we speak.

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
98 degrees with 60% humidity and rarely a breeze. Kentucky really wouldn’t be so bad if we just get a constant breeze to move all that humidity that hovers near the ground. Every night a soaking dew and every day like a breezeless sweat box.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 390 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
68 today. No complaints here.

Posts: 20551 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
104°

Posts: 3642 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
94° F, heat index 110° F, was 140° on the bus today. 98% humidity, dew point 78°.

ARman

Posts: 3212 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
We’ve been in the 70’s for several days.

Posts: 4522 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starting Saturday the temp was 98 and the heat index was 112. The air conditioner fan motor and condenser went out Sat night. We had to spent the night at a hotel. My husband is a pipe-fitter so he could fix it only no HVAC parts store was open on Sunday so we had to stay at a hotel another night. On Monday he called a friend who found the parts and he had it fixed by Monday afternoon. The house was 98 inside and took 7 hrs to cool back down. Every day this week has been a humid 98 to 102 with an index of 110 to 115. It only gets down to about 80 overnight.

Posts: 591 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
109 today here. Prayers to God this heat breaks in 3 weeks. Usually mid September it usually cools off to 90 peak. We shall see.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12924 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
8:00pm - 93 degrees Frown

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7650 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
101.5 about 3pm. Heavy rain/wind just blew through and heat wave is over for now. Next week's forecast is perfect.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
104° in St. Louis today.
Luckily, I’m in cape Canaveral. Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24571 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
not sure what the temp was this afternoon,
but I can say it was humid,

sweated thru one shirt loading van, and soaked the second after about 30 minutes of setting up at a local gunshow,

drank a couple bottles of water to stay hydrated,

then a couple more when I got back to the shop,

and a couple more at home,

and a whiskey,,,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
That 104° in St. Louis broke the 1943 101° record.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Currently it’s 67 °F here in San Diego.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's so hot here when I opened the front door this morning, I thought I was checking on my cornbread.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
FINALLY some RAIN! Smile

Been pouring steadily for the last 15 minutes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17151 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post