SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
FINALLY some RAIN! Smile

Been pouring steadily for the last 15 minutes

Yep, same here in Keller. First cell came through about 2:30 - 3, and the second about 5:30. Total 1.75" in the rain gauge. First rain since June. Temp dropped about 15 degrees, but left a lot of humidity

I had some Colorado river rock installed in mid June and we never had a rain to wash off the stone dust. Damn, we can see all of the colors now.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
We again officially tied for the hottest temp ever, at 109, today. It was 109 just three days ago, and only two other times (2000 and 2011). This year has been toughest so far, of all the years I've lived here. Except for a couple of houses, everyone's grass in the neighborhood has turned brown. Never seen anything like it.

Come on down, September!

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently 62 here in the Yoop. Beautiful day. I Jeeped the Rapid River Truck Trail this afternoon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
109F so far today!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oddball:
FINALLY some RAIN! Smile

Been pouring steadily for the last 15 minutes

Yep, same here in Keller. First cell came through about 2:30 - 3, and the second about 5:30. Total 1.75" in the rain gauge. First rain since June. Temp dropped about 15 degrees, but left a lot of humidity

I had some Colorado river rock installed in mid June and we never had a rain to wash off the stone dust. Damn, we can see all of the colors now.

We only got about 10 minutes of light rain, but it was welcome. Temp dropped from 102 to 78 in aout a half hour.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
We again officially tied for the hottest temp ever, at 109, today. It was 109 just three days ago, and only two other times (2000 and 2011). This year has been toughest so far, of all the years I've lived here. Except for a couple of houses, everyone's grass in the neighborhood has turned brown. Never seen anything like it.

Come on down, September!

Was outside all day yesterday working on some plumbing issues, brutal heat to be slinging a shovel & digging holes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well today in Austin, TX marks 74 days of temperatures over 100, with the record of 90 days back in 2011. The forecast has us with over 100 for the next 15 days at least. I am so sick of this. I have so many outdoor projects to do.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8737 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I spent a lot of the summer in Texas and Oklahoma, I have had my share of heat. Spent the last few weeks in Gunnison County, Colorado. Much better here, 34° at daylight this morning, high of 78°.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1942 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Hotter than two rats fuckin in a wool sock
-as grandma used to say

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2935 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Well today in Austin, TX marks 74 days of temperatures over 100, with the record of 90 days back in 2011. The forecast has us with over 100 for the next 15 days at least. I am so sick of this. I have so many outdoor projects to do.

Wow, I think the Houston record from 2011 was 34 days, definitely nowhere near 90 that I recall.
Hope you guys get some relief soon.

We've been a bit milder down here closer to the Gulf. Still taping 100 in the late evening, but more tolerable through the earlier parts of the day.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
May 9th. My outside thermometer currently reads 96 degrees. Oh, and add the humidity to that. The feel like temperature? Shit. Razz

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Accuweather says it's 96 with reallyhotfeel of a 100! I believe them....

No rain and the grass isn't happy...

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in our "paradise season" right now. High 80s and nights in the 50s......dry and clear blue skies. It won't last much longer, and the temp will start up and stay up!!

Posts: 6707 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's balls on top dead center hot. Hotter than a fox in a forest fire. It's hot. Damn Hot. Crotch pot cooking. It's hot, and wet. That's good if you with a lady, not so fine if you in central Florida. So hot, some little guy in an orange robe just burst into flame. Swamp ass hot. So hot, yo' momma melted down into fry oil. So hot, your girlfriend gave me an ice cube instead of a cookie. My air conditioner just asked for a raise. The car's radiator boiled over in the driveway. I can have low country boil for dinner by dipping a net in the lake. My horses are barbecue on the hoof. It's so hot, our Afghan refugees asked to go back. The cops have changed into white uniforms. My pool has bubbles rising to the top that aren't from farts. I went outside to get the mail and boiled my onions. Local chickens are flashing into flame, and available for pick-up for dinner. We have an overload of sun, and a Kardashian tan takes less than 10 seconds. I fireformed brass with my air compressor.

I mean, it's hot.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Fry an egg on the side walk.

Posts: 11594 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
50's and rain here in ChiTown.

Posts: 4687 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My back yard weather station says 99 degrees with 39% humidity with a feels like of 107 today 5/9/2024.

All time high this year 103 degrees on 5/8/2024.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
It's snowing in Conifer, CO.

Posts: 5812 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
It's balls on top dead center hot. Hotter than a fox in a forest fire. It's hot. Damn Hot. Crotch pot cooking. It's hot, and wet. That's good if you with a lady, not so fine if you in central Florida. So hot, some little guy in an orange robe just burst into flame. Swamp ass hot. So hot, yo' momma melted down into fry oil. So hot, your girlfriend gave me an ice cube instead of a cookie. My air conditioner just asked for a raise. The car's radiator boiled over in the driveway. I can have low country boil for dinner by dipping a net in the lake. My horses are barbecue on the hoof. It's so hot, our Afghan refugees asked to go back. The cops have changed into white uniforms. My pool has bubbles rising to the top that aren't from farts. I went outside to get the mail and boiled my onions. Local chickens are flashing into flame, and available for pick-up for dinner. We have an overload of sun, and a Kardashian tan takes less than 10 seconds. I fireformed brass with my air compressor.

I mean, it's hot.

Sooooo, your saying it's hot.... Razz

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
86° - 8% humidity 100% tourists & snow birds

Posts: 4178 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
81° 28% humidity. Hillsboro OR

Posts: 590 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post