SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220forever:
We broke the all-time high of 117F here in Vegas on Sunday. It hit 120F.

Yes but we are at cooling trend, only 114 today. Expected to go down to 103 next week. Heck, with the wind chill it would be like two digits. Brrrrrrrr...

Posts: 1176 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
It's so hot here....

How hot is it?

It's so hot here the chickens are laying hard boiled eggs.

It's so hot here folks are using the mailbox for a toaster oven.
My old grandaddy used to alliterate, "Hot as a half-fucked fox in a forest fire."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Is a tad bit warm here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It’s too fucking hot.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We hit 99 for a bit today. The last two weeks or more have been pretty humid and hotter than average, and only a spritz of rain. Possible relief on Friday, then back up about 8-10 degrees above average.

July is my least favorite month of the year.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Currently 93 [and humid] outside & 78 inside.
Still 1.5M without power in Houston

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
105 in Eugene Oregon which is like a hot muggy oven.

Posts: 5684 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It’s a perfect 85 right now with the easy evening breeze starting to blow in here in the SF Bay Area.

Last few days it was 105 plus up or down a little.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3654 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had 105+ for nine straight days last week.

Today, it's a very pleasant 91 and our AC finally gets a break. Thankfully I did cleaned and changed the insulation wraps on the AC two weeks ago.

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand.

It's not just a day or two of heat. It's been damned near unstoppable for the last few weeks. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

0:01

Posts: 4290 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Currently 93 [and humid] outside & 78 inside.
Still 1.5M without power in Houston

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Last week it was reported to me from Fresno, CA (family there) that most of the week was over 110°, with a couple of days hitting 114°. This is actually common in most of the Central Valley; Redding, at the north end, has gotten to 120° at times. Here, it has been in the low 90s, heat index of 100°. There have been a couple of thunderstorms in the early afternoon with the accompanying heavy rain.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
It is now 117 here in Vegas. And Im afraid my AC just went out. Air coming out on the second floor vents feels warm. I set both second floor and ground floor at 77. It is 77 downstairs. Its 80 on the second floor. Red Face

Posts: 1919 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
With a max temp of about 72° each day since Saturday and commonly drops into the 30s at night, the only effect of the ongoing heat people are experiencing elsewhere is the constant influx of the crowds fleeing the lowlands. I can’t really complain because a few will stop and spend a dollar or two at the local businesses and the traffic backups extend only a few blocks in our small town, but it does change the character at least temporarily.

The political climate here is more disagreeable all the time, but I couldn’t ask for a better real climate.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
It’s a perfect 85 right now with the easy evening breeze starting to blow in here in the SF Bay Area.

Last few days it was 105 plus up or down a little.

I'm a bit inland from you...Sacramento Valley... and it isn't bad today with a high of 96. It's currently 92 outside.

Shot an IDPA match Sunday and it got up to 105...when our squad finished at just pass 1400hrs

Be down in Richmond, on the bay, for another match this coming Sunday...supposed to be a high of 72

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14255 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well it's not 700 degrees, but many said it felt like that in the warehouse today.

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
down on the lower corner of the Northern Neck today, high was supposedly low 90's and a light breeze, but 75% humidity,
and no rain,

sweated thru 3 shirts today, as in soaking wet, while moving some fixtures and inventory

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10606 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got up to 95 today. For those of us here normally unfamiliar with such temps on the Marxist side of the state, I'd say it was kind of warm for region. Though it's not a sauna, as the humidity was only around 30%. Not a bad day for an area normally associated with gray skies and rain.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It's easy to forget just how far north we are, here in Eastern England. We are just off the Greenwich Meridian Line by about a quarter of a mile, but the village is located at 52 degrees North.

For comparison, Seattle is just 48 degrees North.

Today is a balmy 55F, with a blue sky and big fluffy clouds - signs of rain, maybe? Who know? Hereabouts the weather is a changeable as.....the weather.

Posts: 11447 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post