SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How hot is it where you are?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hot is it where you are? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
93 degrees actual. With a heat index as Hot As F!!

Went up to the pool and swam laps mixing in Squats & pushups. Was actually a workout in the heat. Getting sun. While jumping back into the pool after 30-60 seconds of work.

10/10 I'd recommend on a hot day.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8923 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Saturday saw 98 actual with a heat index of 131.
Yesterday saw 97 actual with a heat index of 121. Last night at 10 pm heat index was 101. Sick of this shit.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Nasty here in DFW. I know it'll eventually get down to "bearable," but it needs to come pretty soon before we all melt.

Posts: 4557 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
75 and partly cloudy at the moment. Nice little breeze too.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38195 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New record of 18 days above 95 and night time lows of 80 degrees. Hotest on record.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Low 100s as highs this week, high 80s as lows, cooler than it has been.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
After weeks of 80° nights it’s a cool 67° this morning.

Posts: 27158 | Location: TOAD SUCK, AR | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
taste of fall here this am but back to mid 90s for w-end. been an easy summer so far in Louisville area. Great tomato crop.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
110* indicated on my drive home yesterday

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
39° when I got up this morning; high of 74° yesterday per the weather service; 73° forecast today.

The only (admittedly mixed) downside to this absolute best summertime climate on the planet is the number of visitors. Evidently because of the temperatures (can’t be the lack of O2), runners and cyclists love to come here for their races. Last Saturday was a 10K run, next weekend is the annual 100 mile run, and many of them believe that this part of the world should revolve around them while they’re here.

But mixed because some do spend a bit of money here.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47660 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It ain’t gonna be 85 for a high today, but the breeze turned from the North. A good sign.

Posts: 3642 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
talking real feel of 110 in the area today.

Hottest summer I can remember in CFL in 30 years.

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Yesterday it barely got into the 70's. 61 this morning on its way to 80 by this afternoon.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
our string of 100+ days plus low rainfall has left a large chunk of PNW regional forests severely stressed.

Yes there are a number of wildfires and air shed compromises.

Posts: 9872 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Next three or four days going to be brutal. This shit has to end.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19698 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
64 and sunny here in MQT. Come on up! Everybody else already have.... Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16373 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am in Houston. It is in the mid-80s when the sun comes up, and over 100 by 1:00 pm, and stays that way until 6:30 or later and has been for many weeks now.

We've had worse heat waves in my life, but this one is getting bad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am in Houston. It is in the mid-80s when the sun comes up, and over 100 by 1:00 pm, and stays that way until 6:30 or later and has been for many weeks now.

We've had worse heat waves in my life, but this one is getting bad.

Last bad one was 2011, that I recall, and that was in June/July. we had just bought our first house & had a huge field behind us. We were glad for the July 4 fireworks ban, as we were worried about it being a tinderbox.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
64 and sunny here in MQT. Come on up! Everybody else already have....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Remind me to get a thread started Feb 1. The title will be how cold is it where you are.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2130 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post