SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An Urgent Appeal to the Members of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Urgent Appeal to the Members of SIGforum Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 27149 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all are true heroes for helping out like this and I appreciate it so much.

I know how much it helps to see people rallying behind you when you're struggling and Mike has had one hell of a struggle.

From even the smallest donations, the notes of thanks, passing this along on your social media it means the world that you will stop and choose to do something positive.

Thank you all for being there for him and helping Para and I pull of a Christmas miracle for his family.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Will do.

I got the email but rolled past it. Thanks for posting.

I did repost the request.

Happy to help.

Posts: 1645 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1545 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Dumb question: can I contribute using anonymous visa gift cards? Does the fund website request personal info like name, address, phone etc - info that is not associated w/ these retail visa gift cards? Or does one need to use a personal credit card with personally identifiable info?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Dumb question: can I contribute using anonymous visa gift cards? Does the fund website request personal info like name, address, phone etc - info that is not associated w/ these retail visa gift cards? Or does one need to use a personal credit card with personally identifiable info?

That’s not a dumb question at all! Everything is processed through FundRazr and PayPal. You should be able to select a donation amount, then select debit/credit card, and enter information associated with the card. I don’t know if it will work with prepaid gift cards that have not been registered, but my theory is that if you could use it at a point of sale, you should be able to use it for FundRazr. You also have the option of masking your name and your donation amount if you wish to be completely anonymous.

If you need some help, feel free to give me a shout. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks - these prepaid cards are not registered and are basically anonymous. If the website only needs the card info (ie - number and crc), I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I'll send you an email. Thanks!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Is there any way to just send a check, instead of giving personal information and credit card information to a website (fundrazr.com)?

If fundrazr does not accept checks, can one be sent to Legal Beagle for this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31340 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where The Hell
Is Roscoe
Picture of daffy
posted Hide Post
I received an email and just happened to see Sig mentioned prior to deleting it... so I jumpoed on the Forum and it is Legitimate-- Bingo DONE deal happy and proud to contribute--Daffy/lesnorvell

[___________________________________________________________]
Why is it, that when you make something idiot proof, they make a better idiot.

Posts: 140 | Location: florence alabama | Registered: February 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I got the email. Now I know why. I'm in.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12910 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Is there any way to just send a check, instead of giving personal information and credit card information to a website (fundrazr.com)?

As far as I know, I don't believe so but you could do the ACH/PayPal route if you have an account.

I like to try to keep everything on platform for transparency, because Para can log in an see everything that's been done and where it's going, but if he tells me it's okay I have no objection.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Done, happy to help Mike, and very, very happy to be a part of this great forum.
I'm NEVER going to Turks.

Posts: 3537 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Happy to help.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31960 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Donation made and once again I'm in awe of this forum!

JP

Posts: 2074 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helped a bit; wish I could do more.
s.

Posts: 304 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:

V-Tail, if you really want to send a check and are open to this, you could send me a check and I'll make the donation in your name. Depending on the amount I will make the donation in your name prior to you sending the check to me. Email me at my profile email if this is something I could help you with.

I think we've both been around long enough to know we won't screw each other.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I also deleted the email without opening it believing it to be a scam.

Timing sucks for all concerned. But from a slightly older fellow cancer patient I'll see what I can do.

I agree with YopperSigs that someone or some folks have their head(s) up their proverbial in T&C if they think this kind of crap is good for their country's "big picture." Kinda wonder just who ends up with the fines collected. Don't know how pervasive corruption is there. Mmmm....

After doing some quick searching I found this article interesting:

"Turks and Caicos corruption trial reaches mixed verdicts for four men

Former deputy premier found guilty of bribery but acquitted of other charges in long-running case that saw islands taken under UK rule in 2009.

A nearly decade-long corruption case involving top government officials and attorneys in the Turks and Caicos Islands has ended with a mixed verdict for those accused of bribery, money laundering and other charges.

The case had sparked outrage across the archipelago, which came under direct rule from London in 2009 after it found widespread corruption in the Caribbean British territory.
"

More at link:

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...erdicts-for-four-men

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16502 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

V-Tail, if you really want to send a check and are open to this, you could send me a check and I'll make the donation in your name. Depending on the amount I will make the donation in your name prior to you sending the check to me. Email me at my profile email if this is something I could help you with.

I think we've both been around long enough to know we won't screw each other.

Thanks gents — that will keep it clean for me and Para to look over later. Smile

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Para, maybe make this a sticky?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post