SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An Urgent Appeal to the Members of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Urgent Appeal to the Members of SIGforum Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 21 | Location: DFW | Registered: September 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Now 204 dollars shy.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in, glad I could help.

Posts: 424 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 16 | Registered: March 30, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done. And, honored to help out.

Posts: 280 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: January 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen, sincerely.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Well done gents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Just did a second donation, hope it helps get to a round number...

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Twelve hours left for this fundraiser, guys. If you haven't contributed, please consider doing so.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who've contributed. You've helped make a difference for a family. You've helped to take a lot of pressure off of them. I am proud of all of you. Smile

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Just now seeing this.

Done.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done. Hope this modest amount helps.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Thank you, gentlemen.

One last push for the evening. Whatever you can spare. Every dollar helps. Smile

secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Donated! Happy to help; wish it could be more.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A nice denouement for this fundraiser:

Pistol Auction on behalf of Mike Evans: Glock G19 RTF2

come and take it
posted Hide Post
It's happened again. Oklahoma man arrested with ammo in his luggage. I'm sure SIGforum are the world experts in how to help here. The GoFund Me is at $97,000. They can cover attorneys, but I'm sure SF experience can help.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – An Oklahoma City metro couple, coming home from a dream vacation, has been caught in a Caribbean nightmare.

Ryan and Valerie Watson went on a birthday trip with friends to Turks and Caicos in early April. Airport security found bullets in the couple’s duffle bag when they arrived for their return flight.

Valerie was released April 22 and her charges were dropped, after being detained for 11 days on the island. She returned home to Oklahoma City on Tuesday. McIntyre Law Chopper 4 captured the moments her plane touched down at Will Rogers World Airport. Inside the airport, her two children, loved ones and friends waited for her. They were emotional as she walked out of the terminal.

“I didn’t know when it was going to happen,” said Valerie. “I was prepared to also be arrested Monday and just to get to hold my babies, that’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time.”

Her husband, however, is still in custody in Turks and Caicos. He has been waiting for his hearing on charges of suspicion of possession of ammunition. He was expected to go before a magistrate on Tuesday but his hearing was pushed back.

Ryan said the bullets, found in a ziplock bag after several searches by security, were left behind after a previous hunting trip.

“I had no idea that they were in there,” said Ryan. “I would have never, ever intentionally brought them. I had no reason.”

Couple plans mission to feed those near front lines in Ukraine
The couple was questioned and taken into custody after security found the ammunition.

“At that time (security) had referenced a law and told me that I was going to be looking at 12 years in prison,” said Ryan.

The Turks and Caicos Islands recently passed tougher penalties for possession of weapons and ammunition. Those new regulations raised the mandatory minimum prison sentence to 12 years. The family now has fears over Ryan’s fate. They face a financial burden the longer he is kept on the island and away from his job.

“This is something that we may never recover from,” said Ryan.

“What if we lose our house, which, when we moved to Oklahoma we built a home that we thought was our forever home. We prayed over it. We blessed every room,” said Valerie.

In recent cases, it has taken several months for tourists charged with weapon possession in Turks and Caicos to have their cases heard, leaving the Watson family even more concerned.

“I know our life is different and our goal is to get Ryan home because we can’t be a family without Dad,” said Valerie. If you would like to help the Watson family, click here.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post