SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Not working dogs, just regular rescues/cats & dogs from a shelter that was run by an ex-military Brit/former Royal Marine.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/62...700001#sp=show-clips

I see … thx for clarification

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Taliban execute a folk singer - BEFORE they took over...

https://www.classicfm.com/musi...stan-fawad-andarabi/

'There is no islamic music.' noted a taliban expert. Odd that, given the remarkable history of music in the Middle East - even the invention of a number of musical instruments, like the Al lhud - AKA the lute.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ow-pleads-for-rescue

An Afghan interpreter that helped rescue then-Sen. Joe Biden and two other senators from Afghanistan thirteen years ago is now pleading with the president to rescue him and his family, warning that the Taliban will likely kill him on sight.

In 2008, the man known only as Mohammed was part of a team that helped ensure Joe Biden’s safety after their Black Hawk helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing during a snowstorm.

Taliban insurgents had been spotted in the remote Afghan valley around the same time.

Thirteen years later, with Biden in the driver’s seat, Mohammed is asking the president to return the favor.

"Do not forget me and my family," said Mohammed, while speaking by telephone to "Fox & Friends First" co-host Jillian Mele.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Karma, Joe. Two scoops. What goes around, comes around.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ironically, it seems that this person should be rewarded despite intentions by the Taliban. Bin Laden directed to leave Two Scoops untouched and that he would do more harm to the US as such. And not only that, he was a boon to the Taliban in leaving billions in gear. Outcome of this was very favorable to Taliban.....

It will be telling what Two Scoops does here....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^Not working dogs, just regular rescues/cats & dogs from a shelter that was run by an ex-military Brit/former Royal Marine....

For the record. My position on this does not change.

I am glad they were brought out.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I did NOT mean to imply any lesser value, or minimize the worth of this noble endeavor....Just correcting the record in that they were NOT the 'Working Dogs' abandoned by the Biden Administration that were recently 'in the news'!

Rescuing innocent animals and finding them forever homes is ALWAYS a good thing, and such acts of kindness should be lauded.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
John Kirby tweet 17 hrs ago:

From ⁦@DepSecDef⁩ tonight: “Racial disparities in the military justice system have been a problem for far too long. We know it, and we are going to work hard to fix it.”

John Kirby : Pentagon Press Secretary

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No one here is the bad guy. Just the feckless angry old crook.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^I did NOT mean to imply any lesser value,...

I did not take it that way.

Only rebutting the media and other sources that are trying to defend or otherwise reduce the issue that somehow it is different because the animals did not have an I.D. card.

As if, they are less important for not being Military Working Dogs. So they even stoop to "de-animalizing" animals...

I realize that is what the leftist do, move the goalposts, lie, deflect, project, ad nauseum. Reducing the "value" of life, that it makes if OK to forsake them.

If they do it to an animal, they will do it to humanity. This we already see and know. It needs to be a constant reminder, like work safety, everyone knows it, but it has to be constantly expressed.

It is despicable, that they never stop.

Nor, will I.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Agree with the both of the previous posts....Wholeheartedly! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

From ⁦@DepSecDef⁩ tonight: “Racial disparities in the military justice system have been a problem for far too long. We know it, and we are going to work hard to fix it.”

"A look at the racial and ethnic profile of active duty service members shows that while the majority of the military is non-Hispanic white, black and Hispanic adults represent sizable and growing shares of the armed forces. In 2017, 57% of U.S. service members were white, 16% were black and 16% were Hispanic. Some 4% of all active duty personnel were Asian and an additional 6% identified as “other” or unknown.
link
The most current racial #'s
Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent 76.3%
Black or African American alone, 13.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone,1.3%
Asian alone, 5.9%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone,0.2%
Two or More Races, 2.8%
Hispanic or Latino,18.5%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, 60.1%
LINK

I wonder what he is talking about ??

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kirby, as Rear Admiral you were the Navy's Chief of Information Officer (CHINFO), what did YOU do to help diversity? If we're going to dismantle things, lets start with you first and make some discoveries....

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good thing they have their priorities all sorted out. . . Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Good thing they have their priorities all sorted out. . . Roll Eyes
Well there really isn't anything else going on, as far as he's concerned. Mad

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Military is voluntary, right?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How on earth did the US defeat the Nazis and Imperial Japan without any diversity tweets? And didn't anyone care about the climate back then? Well, take notice racism and all you hot changing climates, you're about to get tweeted back into the stone age, there's a new military in charge now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If this is true, and John Solomon is a good reporter so I have no reason not to think it is, Biden and the top brass need to go. Like now.

Exclusive: In Secret Texts, U.S. Military Officials Lamented Leaving Americans Behind In Kabul

"We are f*cking abandoning American citizens," an Army colonel assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division wrote Sunday in frustration in a series of encrypted messages that detailed the failed effort to extricate a group of American citizens, hours before the last U.S. soldiers departed Afghanistan.

https://justthenews.com/govern...-airport-turned-away

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
If Just The News indeed got those texts and emails from Michael Yon, I'd bet the bank on them being accurate. Mad

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...afghanistan-n2595217

Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill want to know why President Joe Biden lied to the American people in early July when he said it was "unlikely" the Taliban would take over Afghanistan. They also want to know why Biden asked former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to lie on his behalf and falsely state the Taliban was being held off while the Afghan army was getting slaughtered.

In order to get answers for the American people, Republicans introduced an amendment to put the intelligence community Inspector General to work.

Right on cue House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, are blocking accountability and efforts to find out what exactly led up to the disastrous U.S. departure from the country.

Democrats are blocking all @GOP oversight attempts to investigate the incompetence of the Biden Admin in #Afghanistan.

They just blocked an amendment by @RepJamesComer requiring the IG to report on whether the Admin ignored intel on the Taliban and on suicide bombings.

Meanwhile, Biden is also moving on and will spend the weekend in Delaware