SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Maybe a can deduct some of it on my 2021 taxes. Cool

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Oh for fucks sake! Either one of my boxer boys could have figured that out! And this numb nuts asshole is the chairman of the joint chiefs?

He's General Obvious.

Nope, General Confused. Milli Vilnili has been wrong with everything that has come out of his mouth. I wouldn't believe him if he said the sun rose in the east and set in the west. The only way the Taliban have a civil war is that they are fighting themselves (an internal schism over do we go back to the 7th or 6th century in thought and progress: for example, do we burn, stone or drown witches?) or ISIS-K (or similar Iranian backed group). There are no warlords left who can fight them (who is going to supply them?). Also, the Taliban made a specific effort to recruit troops from the northern areas of Afghanistan to prevent a Northern Alliance Part 2. Lets not forget that China isn't going to allow too much fighting, especially if it interferes with their rare earth minerals mining.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taliban preventing departure of 6 planes filled with Americans and allies, says Rep. Mike McCaul this is 'turning into a hostage situation'

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The Taliban are keeping at least six airplanes filled with American civilians and allies from leaving Afghanistan, according to Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Tx.), the ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, speaking on Fox News Sunday.

"In fact we have six airplanes at Mazar-i-Sharif airport, six airplanes, with American citizens on them as I speak, also with these interpreters, and the Taliban is holding them hostage for demands right now," Mr. McCaul said. "State has cleared these flights and the Taliban will not let them leave the airport."

"The Taliban wants something in exchange, this is really … turning into a hostage situation where they are not going to allow American citizens to leave until they get full recognition from the United States of America," he said.

Fox News is reporting that they have reached out for comment to the White House and the National Security Council.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^I saw this on a news feed yesterday or day before. Emily Miller was talking about it on twatter. If true, they have been on those aircraft for 2 or 3 days.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no trust nor faith in the leadership of this country, the majority of our representatives, nor any of the media to tell us the truth of what is occurring in any arena in this world, or beyond.

None.

But, I do believe we have our people and those "friendly" to us, in great peril and that no good will come from the shenanigans of the former.

Everything and everyone is a dog in a crate.

I am beyond cynical and livid. (and words to describe)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
You put it much better than I can but rest assured, I feel the same way.
I fantasize about meeting some of these assholes!

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
As a guy who knows Jack and Squat about aviation... how does one prevent a flight from leaving, aside from blocking/damaging the runway?

Or perhaps that's exactly what is happening?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Gen Mark Milley:

"My military estimate is…that the conditions are likely to develop of a civil war," Milley said. "I don't know if the Taliban is going to [be] able to consolidate power and establish governance."

"I think there's at least a very good probability of a broader civil war and that will then, in turn, lead to conditions that could, in fact, lead to a reconstitution of al-Qaeda or a growth of ISIS or other myriad of terrorist groups,"

"You could see a resurgence of terrorism coming out of that general region within 12, 24, 36 months. And we're going to monitor that,"

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...titution-of-al-qaeda

Well, that fills my cup to rim with confidence. Roll Eyes

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
As a guy who knows Jack and Squat about aviation... how does one prevent a flight from leaving, aside from blocking/damaging the runway?

Block the aircraft with vehicles. (or AGE "Aerospace Ground Equipment")

I was trained for this in the USAF.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
A few guys with RPG’s. These probably aren’t military aircraft and so no countermeasures.

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Stupid and tragic situation, but there's been some great memes.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

There are a bunch of ways this can be done. Nearly every airplane has the ability to disable them, in various ways. As sigmonkey stated above, one of the techniques is to block them in, but there are a bunch of ways to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Just more confirmation of the incompetent general officers in our military,
She's the deputy commander & chief of staff of the Army's Training and Doctrine Command and apparently also a spelling bee champion.

https://twitter.com/ArthurSchw.../1434259114608181250

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lieutenant General...Maria? For God's sake, why? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Government needs the most diverse idiots it can get.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Success, then!

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The battalion I work in has a pretty rigorous process before allowing anything on social media. Pictures are looked at to make sure everyone is in the proper uniform, nothing is seen being done outside doctrinal methods, etc.

You'd think a LTG would do the same. Hell, I was looking at the Tweet on a damn phone and spotted the SA80s right off the bat.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

You'd think a LTG would do the same. Hell, I was looking at the Tweet on a damn phone and spotted the SA80s right off the bat.

You'd think a General would have sufficient grasp of English to correctly pluralize "hero" also, but apparently that ship has long sailed.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scary that we have 3-star Generals that are this stupid. But then again, we have a 4-Star General that is as well.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post