SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Officers like her are just what we need to wage war on the climate changes and the racial injustices. Give 'em he'll, LTG!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Lions led by donkeys” was a phrase from World War 1 about Brit soldiers and their leadership. I’m so happy to see that it has been successfully adapted over into the American military too. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV: You'd think a LTG would do the same. Hell, I was looking at the Tweet on a damn phone and spotted the SA80s right off the bat.

You know...rules for thee

Here's these senior officers attempting to 'spin' this bumbling evacuation as some sort of 'hero moment', the topper is she's the head of Training Command...smh

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV: You'd think a LTG would do the same. Hell, I was looking at the Tweet on a damn phone and spotted the SA80s right off the bat.

You know...rules for thee

Here's these senior officers attempting to 'spin' this bumbling evacuation as some sort of 'hero moment', the topper is she's the head of Training Command...smh

Her name rang a bell. I believe I've heard her speak once or twice. One of these "network centric" warfare types. Virtual training advocates.
Upload warfighter.exe /force

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
I can't take credit for this, but someone else made this comment, "the Taliban is opening up a brand new military surplus store in Kabul, it's called Traitor Joe's."

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Scary that we have 3-star Generals that are this stupid. But then again, we have a 4-Star General that is as well.

What can you expect for $15K a month Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
The battalion I work in has a pretty rigorous process before allowing anything on social media. Pictures are looked at to make sure everyone is in the proper uniform, nothing is seen being done outside doctrinal methods, etc.

You'd think a LTG would do the same. Hell, I was looking at the Tweet on a damn phone and spotted the SA80s right off the bat.

To be fair, maybe, and I mean MAYBE, the general did not actually post this herself. Maybe a staffer did it.

Now, she is still responsible for the message associated with anything her name is attached to.

But, it would not surprise me in the least bit if this was 100% her. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Her name, her problem. I have found that a General's Staff Officers usually match the General's ability and intelligence. Hard chargers will have other chargers. An idiot will be surrounded by other idiots.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Her name, her problem. I have found that a General's Staff Officers usually match the General's ability and intelligence. Hard chargers will have other chargers. An idiot will be surrounded by other idiots.

Like the President.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Scary that we have 3-star Generals that are this stupid. But then again, we have a 4-Star General that is as well.

The Peter Principle squared and multiplied by Zippy The Wonder Putz's purge of decent leaders leaving a void filled with sycophant leftist cretins.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Like the President.

How dare you.

Oh wait. You meant the fake President, didn't you? Never mind, carry on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Like the President.

Well since it is the same bumbling idiots from Obummer's Administration, we can't expect anything different. Bidet will be lucky to last to the mid term elections......IF there is a Republican surge (not discounting Dims abilities to cheat) imagine the outcry from them then, they will turn on slow Joe and Cackles so fast, it will look like Lord of the Flies.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Remember when some guys on some gun forum were pissed about what appeared to be pruning the good branches and fruit from the vine of our military by Obama, and some other guys were ridiculing the first guys?

I remember.

But I don't see any of them posting how all this turned out like the first guys said it would.

"No", they said. "It's just normal attrition. Ya'll got yer tin foil on too tight." They said...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
State just can't help themselves, every bit of good news is a PR opportunity. You'd think incidents like this would be kept under wraps as there will be many more 'escape from Afghanistan' stories in the following months and years. Given that the Taliban barely have any central command and control, you know there's a few 'rogue' Taliban leaders out in the hinterland, far from Kabul, who are agitating for a hostage scenario with the remaining Westerners remaining in-country.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Everybody that wants to get out will get out”

I knew it at the time, but that was before the deadline. Now it is officially a LIE! Worthless pieces of crap.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Lying, repugnant sack of shit Mad

Chuck Schumer lies and says that all Americans who wanted to leave Afghanistan have gotten out

Schmuckie Chuckie better pray the Tollybon doesn't start beheading or shooting those trapped Americans live on TV on 9/11/2021 because they'd love nothing more than the symbolic act of that. Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Remember when some guys on some gun forum were pissed about what appeared to be pruning the good branches and fruit from the vine of our military by Obama, and some other guys were ridiculing the first guys?

I remember.

But I don't see any of them posting how all this turned out like the first guys said it would.

"No", they said. "It's just normal attrition. Ya'll got yer tin foil on too tight." They said...

Well, some explanation is called for here, as it is not a black and white situation.

I was engaged in MANY of those threads 'back in the day.' There would often be an enlisted member or junior officer from the military (like a O-3 Captain, O-4 Major, or E-9 Chief Master Sergeant) who got into trouble and was kicked out, and people would scream that 'obama was gutting the military!!!' In many cases, these people were expelled from the service due to blatant criminal activity (sleeping with subordinates, financial mis-management or outright murder/theft, etc). Even if a president WANTED to get the military 'woke' (and I think it's a safe assumption this was one of Obama's main goals), these people were often WAYYYY too low on the rank chart for a president to get involved.

Now, even in the case of Generals and Admirals, in many cases these people were kicked out for criminal activity or gross misconduct. But, it seemed that from 2009-2016, EVERY officer kicked out was directly attributed to zippy the wonder turtle's meddling.

The military follows societal norms by a generation or so. As society gets progressively woke, so too does the military. Therefore, the military is more woke today than they were 20 years ago, with or without presidential meddling. Even in the 'non-woke' areas, they change. I see military members walking around with their hands in their pockets and/or yacking on their cell phones. I retired in 2014, and this drives me NUTS. I simply cannot understand why they would allow this. But, nobody consulted with me, and they made the standards change.

People like general milly have ALWAYS been around. They are career opportunists, who will betray allegiances, switch party loyalties, and violate rights in a heartbeat if it seems to benefit their careers.

The hypocrisy isn't even new - I recall when 34-39 retired general/flag officers endorsed President Bush's candidacy in 2000 or 2004 (not sure which - maybe both) - the media went bonkers, crying about 'politicization of the military' (never mind that, as retirees, they could say pretty much whatever they wanted).

THEN, senator kerry came along, and had ONE retired general support him (I think it was general Wesley "The Weasel" clark). The media tripped over themselves proclaiming how kerry 'had the support of the military and strategy experts.' Roll Eyes

So, yes, today's military has leadership that was shaped by democrat influences. However, there are thousands of officers in the military, and even the most micro-managing president cannot control the careers of every one of them.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

I don’t recall those threads and certainly can’t speak to any individual who may have been removed, but to your point about young officers being too low on the totem pole for anyone trying to create a “woke” military, you have to remember that one thing the democrats do very well is playing the long game. I have no doubt that Obama intended to clean out every rank, not just the General officers.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

quote:

I remember.

When that conversation occurred and I remember it like it was yesterday I too mentioned this was going to be a problem later on down the road. I agreed with you 100% because I saw firsthand one of the best Admirals in the USN (someone I have known for decades) who was one of the most honest, fair and dedicated individuals in the USN get booted out of the Navy over complete and total political BS. It was a situation where bullshit was dredged back up, remanufactured and used specifically for the purpose of purging anyone who would lead with honor and might be a risk of pushing back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post