SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Actual reporting from Sky News that none of our media is doing.

Afghanistan: Hope is all they have left - no good options left for refugees waiting in sewage-filled canal outside Kabul airport

https://news.sky.com/story/afg...bul-airport-12389737

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When they prop Dementia Joe up to spew his lies and fantasies at a 9/11 ceremony, I hope the people in the audience boo his ass off the stage. I hope they're so loud and keep at it for so long that President Brain Damage is shuffled off the stage by his handlers. It's not going to happen, but it should. I don't want to hear even one syllable out of that fool's mouth about September 11th.

And then, there's "social media"

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
For those claiming the Taliban will be lopping off US heads shortly, my question is why? They've utterly and completely embarrassed the US on the world stage, forced the US out of A-stan and completely eliminated any possibility of another American military response (at least for the near future), destroyed US NATO nation relations, and put themselves in a position on the world stage to be recognized as a legitimate government in A-stan. What would they have to gain by beheading Americans left in country? Given the current US administration and the position the Taliban has found themselves in, I'd see them instead ransoming off a continual stream of Americans and others, pilfering the deep pockets of the US to fund their operations and terrorism across the globe for the foreseeable future. Face it, given current circumstances, the Taliban is now free to operate inside A-Stan and elsewhere however they choose to without any fear of retribution from the US or any other NATO group.

Of course all of the above assumes they are smart enough to recognize the position they've found themselves in.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
What would they have to gain by beheading Americans left in country?

They believe that the more they kill, the wider the gates of heaven open to them.

Those crazy animals don't think like you and I do.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those claiming the Taliban will be lopping off US heads shortly, my question is why?

It’s what they do.
It looks good to other groups.
It makes Americans look stupid.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Those crazy animals don't think like you and I do.
Agreed, but they find themselves in a position today, thanks to our retarded administration, they couldn't have dreamt in their wildest wet dreams to be in. As such, will those at the top of this shit show recognize the windfall they've won and fight their inbred barbarism. We'll see soon enough what direction they'll go. Unfortunately the US is no longer in a position to respond regardless what they do.
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
It makes Americans look stupid.
Are you shitting me! After the past week, as well as the coming weeks right up through 09/11, how much more stupid and weak could they possibly make the US look on the world stage? And holding US citizens for ransom at their whim would be the gift that keeps on giving anytime they wanted to further emasculate the US and dip into the US treasure chest.

Again, I'm not saying this is what they 'will' do, but rather, it would be the most advantageous move on their part to further their growth and dominance.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those claiming the Taliban will be lopping off US heads shortly, my question is why? They've utterly and completely embarrassed the US on the world stage, forced the US out of A-stan and completely eliminated any possibility of another American military response (at least for the near future), destroyed US NATO nation relations, and put themselves in a position on the world stage to be recognized as a legitimate government in A-stan. What would they have to gain by beheading Americans left in country? Given the current US administration and the position the Taliban has found themselves in, I'd see them instead ransoming off a continual stream of Americans and others, pilfering the deep pockets of the US to fund their operations and terrorism across the globe for the foreseeable future. Face it, given current circumstances, the Taliban is now free to operate inside A-Stan and elsewhere however they choose to without any fear of retribution from the US or any other NATO group.

Of course all of the above assumes they are smart enough to recognize the position they've found themselves in.

Really? Have you not seen the depravity that they've previously displayed? How about the hundreds of thousands of adherents that have been pushed to the back waiting for their chance to display their loyalty? Ever been in a big crowd? Seen when one person starts acting and the rest follow? Seen a drunken brawl?

The 'leaders' can't possibly control every strict zealot.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
The 'leaders' can't possibly control every strict zealot.
That's the $100 billion question in my mind at this point. Have the Taliban learned anything over the past two decades while waiting for this day to arrive, or are they the exact same group of barbarians they were 20 years ago. Again, I don't know what the answer is, but I do know we're likely to find out for sure over the next 6-12 months.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have the Taliban learned anything over the past two decades...
Two decades? They haven't learned anything in 14 centuries.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I don't know. I think it still begs the question... Wink

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
One of the enduring legacies of radical Islam. It's not helped by its encouraging inbreeding.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Politically the Taliban don’t have any reason to harm any Americans.

But the Taliban isn’t a political party, it’s a group of hardcore religious zealots who believe that their religion demands their barbaric ways. They don’t give a shit about making America look stupid or about getting a seat at some NATO party. They are trying to get into their version of heaven and they believe that in order to do that they must kill everyone who isn’t an extremist like them.

That’s why they will assassinate Americans and everyone else who isn’t them.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know. I think it still begs the question... Wink

Now them there be fighting words!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why?
Because they can.
It's what they do.
They fucking HATE us.
Fucking HATE... yeah, it's a pretty strong word, but so is decapatation.

You're talking about a "society" that places more value on a goat than a woman. Not even a second thought about ass raping a 12 year old boy.
Hell, they wipe their ass with their hand.

Going there, interacting with them, it's not like meeting someone from Europe or Asia. Not even like parts of Africa, El Salvador or Honduras, or another 3rd world country.
There's 3rd world countries, then there's a big gap, then there's Afghanastan.
They are stuck in the stone ages, but now they have AMRAPs, Semtex, a 20mm Gatling Gun, grenades...

They are very "tribal" in nature. If your tribe and my tribe have similar interests, then we get along. If we have some "conflict" between us, well, there's bloodshed. And that "conflict" can be centuries old. Now, you and I get along, but I don't like that Tribe over there. Depending on the situation, you may not like that Tribe just because you and I are friends.
Now here's the sticky part... You, I and that Tribe over there can All get behind the idea of hating America. Why? Because Americans are infidels.

No "one person" can unite that place, and the shit-show tribalism. (Unless "one person" just wipes that whole place off the face of the earth for good) They could give a flying fuck about any sort of "legitimate government".

Granted, there are a number of people there who actually WANT to become more "modern", believe in voting, education, women's rights and want things way, way less corrupt than what it is today. I'm not talking about bringing in Starbucks and Dominos Pizza, but something better than what little they have.

True Zelots want to control the education. Because a large number of dumb people are easier to control than a group of smart people. They don't believe that women should read, write, know math. Make me a male child, work on the farm, feed me... That's about it.

There's rather large portions of this world that really don't like America, or what we stand for. Some are open about it, some not so much. There's certain individuals in governments that don't like the good, old US of A. (Hell, there's certain individuals in the American government that don't like the USA, and it shows!) Whatever large groups that are in charge (Taliban) will get support from other countries or certain individuals in governments that don't like us.

Teaching that segment of their society that actually want "freedom" is hard. Ask anyone that's been there- 1 in about 20 is useful. I'm not talking about getting a 6 digit grid coordinates on a map, strip-clean-reassemble an M-4 and put rounds on target.... I'm talking about tie your boots, do a semi-compentent jumping jacks and push-ups and "every one work together" kinda stuff. They aren't that good at the "soldier-ing" stuff. The few, the very scant few that are... Worth their weight in gold. (THOSE are the ones we should be worried about getting them out of there! The ones that actually fought alongside us)

I can't remember where I was taught it (but it was somewhere in the Marines), but just giving a large populous their freedom is dangerous. You can't just overnight go "you're free fuckers! Enjoy it!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
We are infidels and non believers, they will kill every American they encounter.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I could not believe it today. Article after article from HARD LEFT media outlets like Daily Beast, Politico, The Atlantic and so on have absolutely turned on Biden. One article even went so far as to at least jokingly allude to missing Trump’s lies or dishonesty over Biden’s total shit storm of a failure in Afghanistan. Still an attack on Trump by them (their programming is strong) but to even openly be mentioning maybe a little bit that they miss the former president over this colossal sack of shit is incredible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I could not believe it today. Article after article from HARD LEFT media outlets like Daily Beast, Politico, The Atlantic and so on have absolutely turned on Biden. One article even went so far as to at least jokingly allude to missing Trump’s lies or dishonesty over Biden’s total shit storm of a failure in Afghanistan. Still an attack on Trump by them (their programming is strong) but to even openly be mentioning maybe a little bit that they miss the former president over this colossal sack of shit is incredible.

Honorable men and women in the mainstream media and social media should be gnashing teeth and rending garments while asking, "What evil have we wrought?" by shielding Biden during the campaign. But then, where are the honorable men and women in the MSM and social media? One of my command officers summed up the media many years ago. "They have no honor".

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taliban Captures US Military Biometric Devices

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...ry-biometric-devices

The Taliban's latest offensives have been nothing short of impressive, acquiring 600,000 weapons, 75,000 vehicles, and 200 aircraft, transforming the terrorist group into a rogue military power overnight. One military device Taliban forces have sized is the U.S. military's biometrics database that has sounded alarm bells with U.S. officials.

Called the Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment (HIIDE), it was seized last week during the Taliban's offensive, according to The Intercept, who spoke with current and former military officials. The sensitive data, now in Taliban hands, contains a biological database on the Afghan population. Some sensitive data include thousands of Afghan civilians who worked alongside U.S. Army Special Forces as interpreters.

We noted Sunday that stranded Afghans, some of whom worked for the U.S. military, are quickly deleting their social media profiles and covering up their internet presence to protect their privacy from the Taliban.

Taliban forces have been on a crusade to hunt and kill Afghans who worked with the U.S. military. Ever since the U.S. invaded Afghanistan two decades ago, thousands of Afghan interpreters have been hired. Since 2014, at least 300 of them and or family members have been killed. With the Taliban governing the country - many are fleeing for their lives, pleading with the U.S. military to rescue them.

The acquisition of HIIDE could make the Taliban's hunt for Afghan interpreters even easier since their biometric data such as iris scans and fingerprints are in the system.

An Army Special Operations veteran, told The Intercept that Taliban computer gurus need additional computer processing to analyze HIIDE data but said Pakistan would gladly assist with this effort. "The Taliban doesn't have the gear to use the data but the ISI do," the former Special Operations official said, referring to Pakistan's spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence.

Welton Chang, chief technology officer for Human Rights First, a former Army intelligence officer, said, "I don't think anyone ever thought about data privacy or what to do in the event the [HIIDE] system fell into the wrong hands."

"Moving forward, the U.S. military and diplomatic apparatus should think carefully about whether to deploy these systems again in situations as tenuous as Afghanistan," Chang said.

The security risks posed by the abandoned biometrics database are just one of the numerous consequences of a sloppy U.S. withdrawal by the Biden administration. A proper withdraw would've been to wipe the databases clean and destroy all devices.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
It’s what they do.
I feed my dogs the finest foods that money can buy.
They still go out and eat mud, rocks and deer shit.
It’s what they do.

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post