SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This will add another layer to the fury of Americans. I don't think the Biden administration has any clue as to how this news will be received by the people of this nation.

As for myself, I can't even think about it. It's just too much.

There are people in this country who won't stand for this, and for anyone looking into this forum from the outside and who wonders what that means, you just keep wondering.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Seriously, there was no room on those last flights leaving. Mad

Department of Defense ordered to leave all military working dogs behind in Afghanistan.
Link

Oh, FUCK THAT NOISE! Mad

I don't elevate animals to the point where they are treated as emotional support teddy bears, taking up seats on commercial passenger planes, driving with them on people's lap, and taking them into every store and building as if they were a Siamese twin...but I'll be damned if leaving these working dogs behind to the whims or neglect of savages, will be considered a good or prudent decision. Bull shit!

The broken trust in leaving these dogs behind is no less than the trust broken in leaving people behind. Leaving these dogs behind is no less despicable than leaving people behind.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not even going to try to keep a lid on the anger you guys feel right now.

What can you do right now, feeling so helpless? You can spread the word about this, gentlemen. Make sure everyone you know, knows about this. Seed the forums and chat rooms with it.

What an you do? You can be Johnny Fucking Appleseed.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Leaving dogs behind is just sad. I hope this conflicts the liberals such that their heads explode having to tell themselves that dog maltreatment is ok now because Biden did it and they voted for this!

Who is in charge in our military making these stupid decisions like this?

HK Ag

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We are testing new lows by the day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I hear there were no US citizens on those last four flights out of Afghanistan...
Mad

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Damn. Just.....damn.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! Mad
They left U.S. citizens and the Military Dogs!
What the fuck is wrong with those people.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Seriously, there was no room on those last flights leaving. Mad

Department of Defense ordered to leave all military working dogs behind in Afghanistan.
Link

Oh, FUCK THAT NOISE! Mad

I don't elevate animals to the point where they are treated as emotional support teddy bears, taking up seats on commercial passenger planes, driving with them on people's lap, and taking them into every store and building as if they were a Siamese twin...but I'll be damned if leaving these working dogs behind to the whims or neglect of savages, will be considered a good or prudent decision. Bull shit!

The broken trust in leaving these dogs behind is no less than the trust broken in leaving people behind. Leaving these dogs behind is no less despicable than leaving people behind.
Yes a dog does not rate on the same level as a human.
With the exception of those in the Biden administration.
A military working dog holds a much higher status and IQ.

However, when you consider the devastation to a dog handler when they are ordered to leave their dog behind to the Taliban, it is despicable.

Remember the last few days we heard of several flights flying out of Kandahar mostly empty.
Why didn’t they put the dogs on those flights.
Purely heartless not to evacuate the military working dogs.

Did the High School students and their chaperones from California make it back from Afghanistan?
I don’t believe so, or the news surely would have reported it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
It's like a bad episode of The Twilight Zone.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! Mad
They left U.S. citizens and the Military Dogs!
What the fuck is wrong with those people.

They are sub-human, and I'm really sick of "tolerating" them.

The administration and the people who put them there, make me physically ill. I can't put it any nicer than that. I feel like every American should find a Biden voter, if you can, and thank them in person, physically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, see, humans over there at least understand what's going on. Humans chose to be there or, in the case of miitary personnel, they chose to place themselves in the position of having to go there or somehwere else in harm's way. These dogs, though- we chose them, trained them and sent them there. They had no choice in the matter, and now, we've left them, so, in a sense, what's happening to those trusting dogs is worse than the abandonment of the human lives. You may disagree, but this is how I feel.

I understand how many of you feel, because I feel the same way. This makes me murderously furious, indescribably angry. You want to do something about it. So do I. All we can do right now is to make sure as many Americans know about this as is possible. That's what you can do, and believe me- spreading the word about this is not nothing.

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
This movie comes to mind:

Perhaps it is starting:
https://youtu.be/Lj4RHa0G1Bk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u...ant-stay-11630315800

Uzbekistan Warns U.S. That Afghan Pilots and Their Families Can’t Stay

Facing Taliban pressure, Uzbekistan has warned the U.S. that a group of highly trained Afghan pilots who fled there two weeks ago aboard Afghan Air Force helicopters and airplanes face expulsion from the country, officials say.

Uzbekistan is urging Washington to act quickly to take the pilots to a third country to avoid inflaming relations with the Taliban in neighboring Afghanistan, these officials say. Uzbekistan has maintained relations with the group for years while carefully hedging between powers vying for influence in Afghanistan.

The U.S. effort to train and build an Afghan air force was among the most celebrated programs in support of the country’s military. The U.S. spent billions of dollars on the air force, including on training, maintenance and the supply of dozens of helicopters and planes.

Some Afghan pilots flew themselves to safety with hundreds of family members and colleagues aboard 46 Afghan Air Force helicopters and planes. These pilots are among the Taliban’s most hated enemies because of their role in airstrikes that inflicted high numbers of casualties during the decadeslong conflict. The Taliban also have called on Uzbekistan to return the aircraft to Afghanistan.

The issue has come to the attention of Secretary of State Antony Blinken. Rep. August Pfluger (R., Texas), a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and former U.S. Air Force pilot, asked Mr. Blinken to intervene to help the pilots who face the risk of reprisal from the Taliban.

“In my mind, worst-case scenario was they go back to Afghanistan, and they’re murdered, but for sure they’re going to be met with what I would say is an uncertain fate,” Mr. Pfluger said.

In response to questions, the State Department said, “We thank the Uzbek government for continuing to host Afghans in Uzbekistan while we pursue all avenues for their long-term safety and security.”

The State Department has been slow to respond to the matter, a foreign official said, frustrating the Uzbek government.

Mr. Pfluger said Uzbekistan’s ambassador to the U.S. told him last week that the pilots “don’t have to go home, but they can’t stay here,” citing pressure over the issue from the Taliban. The Taliban, which has also demanded that Uzbekistan return the missing Afghan Air Force aircraft , didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The Uzbek government has had a working relationship with the Taliban for years and views their takeover of Kabul as a sign of the broad support the group enjoyed across Afghanistan, the foreign official said. The ousted Afghan president, who also fled Kabul via Uzbekistan, was allowed only to refuel at the airport and wasn’t greeted by any Uzbek officials.

In all, 585 Afghans, including pilots, crew and families, arrived aboard the aircraft. The Uzbeks had “no idea” who was aboard until they landed, the foreign official said. The Afghans are now being housed in lodging previously used as mobile hospitals during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic in Uzbekistan.

The Taliban are pressuring officials at Uzbekistan’s embassy in Kabul to turn over the pilots, the foreign official said, and have warned that the pilots’ families in Afghanistan will be at risk if they aren’t handed over immediately.

“I am very worried that Taliban pressure on the Uzbek government will be so much so that they will be sent back, and we know what their fate will be,” Mr. Pfluger recalled telling Mr. Blinken.

Posts: 19588 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The Biden Administration is an absolute disgrace, the handlers of those dogs must be devastated. This President is a piece of shit.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tell people in my life that, yes, I do want to live longer, though most of my life is behind me I want to see what "the golden years" are really like. However, I also tell them- those who will understand such a statment anyway- that I am already halfway to "don't give a shit."

I find myself pulling on the reins in this forum at times like this, trying to get members to keep a lid on it and not say anything imprudent, but, right now, I'm feeling awfully Goddamned wreckless and I have had just about enough of these fucking leftist whores shitting on this great nation.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This makes me murderously furious, indescribably angry. You want to do something about it. So do I.

Rule #1 - Don't leave anyone behind. I'm full of rage but without much of an outlet. Sadly, I'm feeling less proud to be an American everyday. I can't even express my thoughts or feelings. SCREAM!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothing these totalitarian scumbags do can ever make me less proud of my country or less proud to be an American. They can't touch that.

And I do believe that what goes around comes around.

When your body has been invaded by a virus, it comes down to you, or it.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Where's the next Ross Perot when you need him?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of heartless detached intellectualism that putrefies in an unaccountable government.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post