SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 297
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It is stout weather tonight, Old Rasputin in particular. He was assassinated on 12-31-1916. Don't type his name too loud. I may have some Weller 12 or ET BiB later.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Enjoying some Santa’s Cookies Imperial Spiced Oatmeal Stout by Champion brewing Company tonight with a Guardian Tactical Rrcon 035 standing guard.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon. I have only one Breckenridge Holidale left; it gets left out along with a tin of Danish butter cookies tomorrow night, just in case. Smile

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a Jim Beam Black Label bourbon. A nice bourbon for the price point.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
1792 Small Batch

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig small batch bourbon, single large cube.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be 12 year old Weller. We're in Hawaii with our son and daughter-in-law, who are both active duty Navy. We are celebrating the birth of our grandson and preparing to celebrate Christmas. Paired with the Weller will be two Cuban Cohiba cigars.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Christmas eve, Wild Turkey 101 bourbon. I have to be careful with this one or I end up taking a "combat nap" before bedtime!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having an Old Fashion, with Old Forster Bourbon, but a half oz of Monkey Shoulder Scotch. Gives it a little more complex, slightly smokey flavor.

Outstanding.

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Homemade Nocino. It is an Italian liqueur made with very young black walnuts. You gather the walnuts when they are a little over an inch in diameter and place them in clear spirits. We use 90 proof decent vodka. Others use Everclear. We add lemon zest, vanilla bean and sugar. It starts out a vibrant green and turns a beautiful brown. You strain out the solids after about a month and add the sugar.

This batch is from 2020. Our 2021 vintage has not mellowed long enough. It's a very different and interesting flavor. It's perfect for winter nights and very out of the ordinary

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad, that sounds really interesting! We have a big walnut at work, hopefully I can remember to try this next year!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Brad, that sounds really interesting! We have a big walnut at work, hopefully I can remember to try this next year!

I sent you the recipe we use to the address in your profile. Give it a try. We hope you enjoy it as much as Pam and I do

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knob Creek small batch bourbon.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Xmas bottle from grown daughter - it is very tasty..

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Real Ale's Devil's Backbone, a Belgian trippel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Buffalo Trace, Grand Marnier, Ginger Ale.

That concoction sounds 'interesting' so I ran an inter-webz search on exactly those words and the first returned result was this. . .

Buffalo Trace Bourbon Drinks

. . .showing 52 drink recipes containing Buffalo Trace Bourbon.

I cannot vouch if any of them are any good though, but some might very well be pretty tasty.

Earlier in my glass tonight were several Modelo's.

Hmm, my creation isn’t included.

I came up with it figuring folks use orange bitters in Old Fashioneds and saw several drinks recipes mixing bourbon and ginger beer or ginger ale.

I’ve had it a few times and really like it. Cool and refreshing

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
About one year ago I was going through some serious health issues and my good friend took notice. He also knew my daughter was scheduled to be married on 12/18/21.

That friend, generously gave me a special bottle of bourbon which I saved for my daughters wedding.

We held a "meet & greet" on 12/17 for their family, our family, and some special out of town guests and the bottle was opened.

I must say it was VERY good and the 6 people who tried it said the same.

Cheers!

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Had some of the Van Winkle 12 yr last night for the first time.
A local bar gets an allocation of Pappy bourbons and gives out wristbands in the morning for a pour in the evening at their cost.
Best stuff (23 yr) goes first until gone and down the line.
I must say for a Scotch guy > this was pretty good. Cool

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^

That’s a wonderful way to try something you ordinarily can’t get.

This was also my first time for van winkle.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post