SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1792 small batch bourbon for this evening happy hour.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heineken. Christmas music (folks are beginning to decorate, so why not?), popcorn, hang out here...Life is good.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuengling. Draft. Lots.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I could live the rest of my life with no other options other than Warlock & OctoberFest!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REALLY waiting for Yuengling to make it out here. Guess TX is first. Drsaft is the best but would settle for bottles. Was in FL last month and was in heaven. Stone crabs and Yuengling.

Started drinking Jamison Black as it got a little cooler here. Very smooth and reasonable price.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Russell Reserve 10 year old. And cheap Gordons gin. Not in the same glass. What, you think I am a heathen?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Narwhal Stout, which I recommend. Lagunitas Maximus, good stuff. Balnellan Olorosso Sherry Cask Finish scotch, my father bought a bottle so I bought one also; its an easy drinker.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My taste testing of new to me Bourbons continues, tonight - Buffalo Trace

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elijah Craig small batch bourbon will do just fine this P.M.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
My taste testing of new to me Bourbons continues, tonight - Buffalo Trace

My first bourbon (bought a month or so ago) is Larceny single barrel. I believe it's a wheater; it's growing on me as I finally found a dilution ratio I like. Nice bouquet, sweet and smooth. But I've nothing to really compare it to - I've had bourbon in restaurants before (cocktails or shots) but never really paid attention to it. The bottle of Larceny I bought ($30?) is the first bourbon I've tasted critically.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Buffalo Trace - I see that on the shelf at the local store.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

My first bourbon (bought a month or so ago) is Larceny single barrel. I believe it's a wheater; it's growing on me as I finally found a dilution ratio I like. Nice bouquet, sweet and smooth. But I've nothing to really compare it to - I've had bourbon in restaurants before (cocktails or shots) but never really paid attention to it. The bottle of Larceny I bought ($30?) is the first bourbon I've tasted critically.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Buffalo Trace - I see that on the shelf at the local store.

I found it smooth, simple, and satisfying.

Of course not available locally at this time but Safeway has Eagle Rare on sale for $36. My understanding is it the same juice, just aged longer so I might grab a bottle of that while it is available.

My final sampler tonight, Maker’s Mark.

I can tell it is a little sweeter than the others. While I like that, it also has a little more burn than the Woodford, Bulliet, and Buffalo Trace did, but not as much as the Knob Creek.

At this point I think I will pass on picking up a bottle of it.

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breckenridge Brewery Christmas Ale. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McEwan's Scotch Ale

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My journey into the world of Bourbon has taken a step forward. I have finished my sampler bottles, and tonight I opened one of my first “real” bottles.

Woodinville Straight Bourbon, a locally made “craft whiskey”. I have to admit it being local and the bottle played a part in my selection. While I wasn’t able to sample it before purchase, all the reviews were positive. Local startup, did well, made a name for itself and bought out by big name corp (LVMH) who saw promise and got in early, but let the company run as it was.

My take is pretty much in line with all the reviews- a nice smooth bourbon, more fruity/sweet than spicy. No burn, flavors hold up even after some ice dilution.

Tonight was my first pour from the bottle, sampled it neat then finished it mixed with cola and a little lime juice. Had to exercise some discipline to keep from pouring a second one Wink

Good review and more about the brand here:

https://www.thirtyonewhiskey.c...ght-bourbon-whiskey/

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Masterson rye

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Blue Note uncut.

This came from the collapse of their rick house in 2019 during a storm. A few of the barrels survived the colapase so they called them "Blue Note Juke Joint Survivor Barrels"
Very interesting story.

A local liquor store went and hand picked their barrel and had it bottled for the store.
The one I am currently drinking is a 123 proof.

My wife who is more of a Scotch fan and thinks most Bourbon taste like gasoline liked it. Because of this we now have 3 bottles because when it is gone it is gone.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to have access to a bottle or two of the Blue Note bourbon. Not likely where I live.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
In 2 hours, will be buffalo trace. On sale today $19 from $35. So bought a bottle to try.

Woodinville on the shelf for $40. Just getting the BT - better sale right now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Drink #1:

Enjoyed my very first “Old Fashioned” tonight!

Homemade simple syrup (made with Sucralose)
Angostura Bitters
Woodford Reserve Orange Bitters
Woodinville Straight Bourbon

No cherries or orange peel on hand, will have to pick some up for next time.

Very nice drink! Don’t know why I waited so long to give one a try. One little “oddity”, after mixing, the drink became cloudy instead of staying somewhat clear. My guess is it is a result of the sucralose simple syrup I made instead of real sugar

Drink #2:

Cracked open my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch. Couldn’t resist giving it a taste to compare against the Woodinville Bourbon.

I would say they are similar. Both fairly smooth with more fruity than spicy tastes. My untrained palette thinks the Woodinville is a little “thicker” in the flavors it presents where the Four Roses is more of a “hint” than a “taste”. Four Roses has a little more of a burn to it than the Woodinville, but not harsh. On initial comparison, if I had to pick one over the other I think I would lean towards the Woodinville at this point but enjoyed both!

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I would like to have access to a bottle or two of the Blue Note bourbon. Not likely where I live.

Try looking at some of the on line sellers. They may be able to ship to you depending on you state laws.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post