SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
Old Grand Dad 100

Sometimes straight and sometimes with ginger ale. Well is used to..

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3053 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Knezz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
44 oz OD passion fruit iced tea from the gas station. Still at work....

For a second there I thought you were saying MD not OD. I was like, dang, yo...that's gangsta.

Don't look down your nose as Mad Dog 20/20.

30 years ago I was drinking Nikolai Vodka and chasing it with Mad Dog 20/20. it worked well.

Regards,
K. Nezz

=======================
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." *Gen. W. Thornson*

Posts: 3053 | Location: East Coast | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Knezz:
Old Grand Dad 100

Sometimes straight and sometimes with ginger ale. Well is used to..

one of my Father's favorites,

I am currently having one of his other favorites,

Wild Turkey 101, with a splash

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, it was Bell's winter white ale

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Blantons.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Bought a bottle of Woodford Reserve for the annual Christmas Eve family gathering which was held at my SIL's this year.

It was a hit with the men who drank. I took the left over home, and had a drink of it last night.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace, neat.
Preceded by Flor de Cana Grand Reserva 7 YO, neat.
Preceded by Jim Beam, neat,
Preceded by Papa's Pilar neat.
Not even sure where the Jim Beam came from and it was full!

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Old Grand Dad, x2
Redemption High Rye Bourbon, x2
To be followed by... Lagunitas Imperial Coffee Stout, and Kwak.
And cabbage-bratwurst soup...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Basel Hayden's bourbon with a splash of Sailor Jerry rum to make it interesting. Tried this the other day and it's not bad, not bad at all...kind of reminds me of a single malt speyside scotch finished in sherry or rum cask to add a bit of sweetness. Like Balvenie Carribean Cask.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Egg nog + rum tonight.

Drove all over central Texas searching for Stagg Jr. but no luck. Frown

I did grab a bottle of Willet 3 year rye, so not a total loss before I return to VA and their ridiculous ABC method.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Now that is a fantastic bottle of wine! Is it a special occasion?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...DuckHorn Cab?? Yummm.

I'm just drinking some cheap New Zealand Sauv. Bl. before I switch over to Stone IPA.

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Last night I was at my neighbor's house and we consumed most of this bottle. It's the first time I've ever had it and it was actually pretty good mixed with Cherry Pepsi. I haven't had more than 1 drink in several years, so I was buzzing a little bit.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We were dropping the boy off at a weekend camp in Toccoa. Stopped in Gainesville at a place called Cheddars, pretty good food. Anyway, while waitng for a table we went to the bar, I asked what they had in a good Bourbon. Uhh we have Jim Beam. Err no. I spotted Makers Mark in the back row. X2 on the rocks.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Now that is a fantastic bottle of wine! Is it a special occasion?

Nope! Got it on sale, wanted a break from bourbon and since I wont be drinking but 1 weekend a month in Q1 2017 thought Id better have it while i have 2 days to finish it. Its brother, 3 palms, is still sitting in the basement, prolly let it age some more.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
We were dropping the boy off at a weekend camp in Toccoa. Stopped in Gainesville at a place called Cheddars, pretty good food. Anyway, while waitng for a table we went to the bar, I asked what they had in a good Bourbon. Uhh we have Jim Beam. Err no. I spotted Makers Mark in the back row. X2 on the rocks.

Try the sweet tea and potato soup at cheddars.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Try the sweet tea and potato soup at cheddars.

Had the sirloin and grilled shrimp, way better than I have had at Longhorn or Outback in the last few trips.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Egg nog + rum tonight.

Drove all over central Texas searching for Stagg Jr. but no luck. Frown

I did grab a bottle of Willet 3 year rye, so not a total loss before I return to VA and their ridiculous ABC method.

There should be stores that have the Willett 6 or 8 year rye also. The $80 one, whichever it is... And the bourbon. Try Specs, they can look up the inventory of the stores in the area.

My friend at Northwest Hills Liquor should have a bottle of Knob Creek 14 Yr bourbon for sale. Ph # 512-349-2828, if interested.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post