SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kackling Kamala's Kunty Kringe Krisis
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kackling Kamala's Kunty Kringe Krisis Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I wasn't born yet!

^^^^^^
No issues. I was working a factory job then at Argo Corn Products at the time.

My team is comprised of mostly younger Officers who I have uniform pants older than.
All week I got to hear “Hey Sarge, do you get a medal for being at all three conventions?”
“How bad was the St Valentine's Day Massacre?”
“What was it like on horseback?”

It’s what I deserve for messing with my old Sgt when I was new.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was funny.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is Dusable LSD an extension?

LSD = Lake Shore Drive. Not an extension, just given an extra name.
This “DuSable” bullshit was brought to us by that dwarf lightfoot.
“We must honor the Blacks that did great things for the country, fuck that honkey Christopher Columbus, take his fake history statue down!”

The Drive was reconfigured back in the 90’s to allow for a quicker commute.
Before, it split around Soldier Field, with a large and mostly unused railroad system just west of the Drive, south of Roosevelt ave.
Even now, once you make that turn heading north, you’re staring right into Grant Park, which back in ‘68 was ground zero for the protests.

Not to go off topic, but I enjoyed reading those locations. I spent a lot of time in Chicago and gained a lot of friends there. Despite it's many drawbacks, I have a lot of good memories. I drone into Chicago from NW Indiana at least once a week and most times had a blast. Looking back I'll count myself as lucky I didn't have any troubles.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
COD SIG -
quote:
Funny story- My father was on Chicago Fire Department for 40 years. He got a good paying side job back in '68 driving the delegates around Chicago. He told me that he was driving north on LSD and came around the corner by Soldiers Field and saw the debacle in Grant Park. He looked at the delegates in the back of the car, told them "You are on your own!" and tossed them the keys and walked off.

Did he still get a tip? Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They 'money people' decide

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Wonder Woman wants a "sit down debate" with NOTES?
What. Da. Hell?

Now we know how she finally passed the Bar exam.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll debate anyone as long as I can have a laptop with Google and GPT, an earpiece connected to whichever team won a national championship in collegiate debate, and all of Sigforum sending me texts.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
In reply to the Trump campaign ad posted by 12131, Bryan Adams told me to tell you it Cuts Like a Knife.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
In reply to the Trump campaign ad posted by 12131, Bryan Adams told me to tell you it Cuts Like a Knife.
But it feels so right.

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
It just keeps getting more, ummm, entertaining. Razz

https://x.com/RichardGrenell/s.../1828460952213201177

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
But...but..but all I keep hearing on Reddit is how Trump is imploding and Kamala is going to win in a giant landslide* Big Grin

*which is why I'm tapping out of that stinking cesspool for at least until after the election because nearly every sub (page) has been infected with politics, even ones not political in any way.

Kamala's handlers are not going to have a choice but to have her do something, anything soon as far as interviews or pressers because this hiding out like Joe in 2020 Covid world isn't working in 2024

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just saw this play during the Phillies-Astros game.

BRILLIANT!

She can’t deny her own words

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trump Can Win on Character

Make sure to read the comments after the article, they are priceless. I'm amazed at the inability of these people to admit the person they hated 6 weeks ago doesn't walk on water. The blind obedience and Trump Derangement Syndrome is very strong.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good to see! I saw one of her ads today and I swear every word she spoke was a total lie. Not the typical politician white lie, a blatant verifiable opposite of facts.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both NYT articles are behind a paywall. Can someone copy the text and post it here. Thanks!

Posts: 617 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Kevin O’Leary, widely recognized as “Mr. Wonderful” from the TV show “Shark Tank,” has voiced major concerns over Vice President Kamala Harris’ newly disclosed economic plan.

O’Leary, who is a businessman, aired his concerns on Fox News’ “Jesse Watters Primetime” on August 19, 2024, regarding the economic proposals of the Democratic presidential candidate.

During a CNN interview, O’Leary expressed disapproval of several key points of Harris’ proposals, especially her approach to fighting price gouging and her initiative to assist first-time homebuyers with a down payment. He suggested that these measures might lead to serious unintended consequences.

Harris disclosed her economic plan at a North Carolina rally on August 16, detailing a wide array of policies designed to ease the financial burden on American households. Her plan features federal steps to prevent grocery price gouging, tax credits for homeowners and families with children, and an ambitious target of building three million new housing units in the next four years.

O’Leary, however, was skeptical that these policies would be effective. Regarding price gouging, he cited the historical failures of similar approaches in other nations. His apprehensions echo the wider skepticism among economists about the usefulness of price controls in curbing inflation without triggering shortages or black markets.

O’Leary also discussed Harris’ plan to aid first-time homebuyers with a $25,000 down payment. In his view, this policy could fuel inflation by pushing up home prices in a tight housing market. “When you give $25,000 to anybody in a constrained market, you cause inflation,” O’Leary said, further explaining, “If there’s three houses for sale on the street and everybody bidding on it gets another $25,000, all of that attributes to the seller, and you cause the price of the house to go up because there’s no supply.”

This criticism aligns with concerns raised by other financial experts, who have noted that increasing demand without addressing supply constraints could lead to higher housing costs. Harris’ proposal to build three million new homes aims to tackle these supply issues, but O’Leary questioned its feasibility. “[Real estate] is not controlled by a federal mandate; housing is state-by-state,” he argued. “She can do nothing to solve that problem. There’s no way she’s building 3 million houses. Which state is going to give her that mandate?”

The economic plan has recently become a hot topic for both supporters and critics.

Supporters of Harris argue that her policies could offer much-needed relief to American families, particularly those grappling with the high costs of housing and increasing grocery prices.

Even though O’Leary criticized her plan, he expressed a wish for Harris to succeed if she were to become president.

As the debate over Harris’ economic plan intensifies, the implications are significant. The policies she’s proposing could profoundly affect the U.S. economy, especially in sectors like housing and consumer prices. However, the difficulties of enacting such broad changes, particularly amid strong opposition, remain a significant obstacle.

O’Leary’s criticisms highlight the wider debate within the business and investment sectors about the future of U.S. economic policy.

Further Details on Harris’ Economic Plan

In addressing skyrocketing grocery prices, Harris has proposed a federal ban on price gouging at grocery stores. In a statement from her campaign, Harris drew a distinction between fair pricing and the excessive costs Americans have been facing, particularly in the food and grocery industry. She noted that even as meat processing companies reported record profits post-pandemic, meat prices, which have considerably contributed to higher grocery bills, have soared.

Despite overall inflation falling to 2.9 percent for the year ending in July, grocery prices have surged by 21 percent during the Biden-Harris administration. This has led some to perceive Harris’ plan as an attempt to attract voters concerned about the administration’s handling of inflation.

Grocery stores, which operate on slim margins of one to three percent, have expressed significant concern over Harris’ plan. Although Harris has not publicly addressed these margins in her price-fixing proposal, she has criticized certain grocers for unfairly hiking prices to inflate profits. “A loaf of bread costs 50% more today than it did before the pandemic, and ground beef is up almost 50%,” Harris commented. “Meanwhile, many big food companies are enjoying their highest profits in two decades, and while some grocery chains pass along savings, others still do not.”

To aid American families in home ownership, Harris has proposed constructing three million new housing units over the next four years. This is part of her wider effort to tackle the housing affordability crisis in the United States.

To promote the development of affordable housing, Harris’s plan includes the “first-ever” federal tax incentive specifically aimed at building starter homes for first-time homebuyers. This incentive is intended to make it more financially feasible for developers to build lower-cost housing.

Harris also plans to extend existing tax credits for affordable rental housing, further increasing the availability of affordable living options for low- and middle-income families.

She has also proposed reinstating the COVID-19-era child tax credit policies, which were $3,600 for qualifying children under age six and $3,000 for other qualifying children under age 18.

Harris’s plan includes a $35 price cap on insulin for Medicare recipients, with a $2,000 annual out-of-pocket limit applied to all Americans, not just seniors. It also proposes stricter regulations and stronger antitrust enforcement to prevent consumer price increases on drugs and food

https://dailynewsplanet.com/20...slams-kamala-harris/

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post