SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
We had it all, just like Bogie and Bacall...

You could have been positioned to be the first female POTUS, but I guess you've no fucks to give.

It would have been bad enough if you were male and it would have been bad enough if it were a full-grown dog, but, a female shooting a puppy, with the added imagery of throwing it into a gravel pit, or any kind of pit- there's no getting around the abject cruelty of the image, as well as the act itself.

Perhaps I don't have the details correct, but it simply does not matter, doesn't matter a bit, and that is the truth. You're done. There is no way Donald Trump would allow the stench that's upon you to get on him.

You could have allowed a veterinarian to examine the dog and even nudged them towards the opinion that it needed to be euthanized. With their blessing, you could have still gotten rid of the dog and turned the story to your favor, tugging on the heartstrings of pet owners everywhere.

But, no. You had to demonstrate (I suppose) that your femininity is no impediment to your resolve, by presenting the story like you were the commandant of a Nazi concentration camp. That is not resolve; that is abject cruelty.

Again, it doesn't matter if this represents the facts. Does not matter.

See ya.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
When did this happen? Do you have a link?

Nevermind... I found it.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kristi Noem shot the link and threw it into a gravel pit.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m not going to defend her. I do know people who live with livestock see animals differently. As a young man in the 70s I got a job at a cattle ranch in Colorado. I moved there from Glendale, California, a city boy through and through. On my first morning at the ranch, the owner emerged from his trailer, marched down the path toward us hands and drew a sidearm. I backed out of the way as he blew past me. He stopped at one of his herding dogs and shot it. Turned on his heel and went back in the trailer. He didn’t say a word. Later on that day, seeing how freaked out the city boy was, he explained that the dog had begun sucking eggs. Once they do that, there’s nothing you can do to stop them. They’ll eventually kill the chickens too.

I wouldn’t do it like that, but some rancher types do. She’s really myopic to publish that part of her life. And yes, it’ll be used to stain anyone associated with her.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't know what to say except that was a disgusting thing to do. As far as I'm concerned, she is done.

Posts: 6714 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
She is as over as yesterday's fish. Talk about throwing a political career out the window.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12910 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insert National Lampoon Vacation Imogene Coca “Dog Killer! Meme” here.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I think Noem was/is a fine governor but she is not national stage material.

She folding like a lawn chair on the bill to ban trans athletes in league sports.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...-falls-b1820895.html

This dog business just again confirms she is not of sound enough judgement for national level GOP leadership.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not to worry. After a couple of more days of self reflection, she'll stick her head out again and this time, will apologize, because she finally saw the error of her ways. Isn't that what politicians do, sticking their finger in the wind?

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A 20 yo account from her memoirs. Nobody had to know.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I was bit by the neighbors dog and my arm got infected. I was riding my bike up their driveway when the Dalmatian set off after me.
The next time I went to visit my friend, there was a fresh mound in the woods. His Grandfather didn't tolerate such things.
As a ten year old, I wasn't sure how to process that.
But the dog did have a proper burial, for the other two dalmatians to see.

Posts: 7481 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It happens but it is definitely not a story you share with people who are not close to you. Like the public.

Posts: 3458 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Ooops! Whether or not the incident was justified, the fact that she's disclosing it seven months before an election that could make a huge difference in her political career shows that she does not have the political instincts to be considered for higher office. Echoes of "don't roof rack me, dude" keep ringing in my ears.

I find it revolting that someone would treat a living being like an inanimate object. I also don't think that it necessarily reflects how well a politician might do their job, but, bottom line, she's done.

Posts: 6740 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t the dog killing chickens and then tried to bite her? I had heard from some very old farmers that killing chickens is a problem that doesn’t get corrected.

Posts: 478 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When it comes to any position leftists take, hypocrisy is ever-present, and while this matter cuts across party lines, I'm certain you'll agree that all the those who condemn a dog being put down, yet support the murder of human babies up to full term, are hypocrites for the ages. They think no more about snuffing out unique human potential than getting a haircut, but an animal which may have been dangerous gets ended, and the heavens have fallen.

I have to wonder what the reaction from leftists would be if the puppy killer had been a Democrat. People on the right would condemn the act, as they do now, but the leftists- oh, my, just think of the excuses and rationalizations which would have emanated from their commie sucks: Cujo!! A face-eating werewolf!! Dracula's Doggie!! The world has been done a great favor!! Vanquish the Hell Hound!!

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
She couldn't possibly be more of a fucking self-absorbed idiot.

AMF

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It's not about what she did*, it's in her "telling".

(*in a country way of life)

Anyone reading Old Yeller, knows, Travis was forever changed by doing what he had to do.

She comes across feigning bravado.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it comes down to her judgement or lack thereof.

This would have made a grand "October Surprise" story.

We know that presidential running mates are supposed to be thoroughly vetted, but sometimes, it turns out that they're not scrutinized as finely as they should be.

With this story being told by her, and being in a book, it's hard to miss, but imagine that Trump had picked Noem, and that this story didn't come out until two or three weeks before the election.

This could have been so much worse. She's out of the running, and now we'll probably get Carson, or perhaps even DeSantis.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It's not like she shot her mouth off in the heat of a moment, not thinking. This was from a book.

It took a few seconds to read and understand that this was part of a book she released.

There had to be dozens of people who read this before publication. Wouldn't at least one of her people have read that and warned her to have it edited?

Maybe just, I don't know, the actual editor of the book could have caught this. Personally I think they did, and her and her people insisted it be in the book. Talk about idiocy.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am an animal lover by all accounts. Cried like a third grade school girl when I lost my buddy a little more than a year ago. Having said that, to me this is not a big story. I am not even going to try to track it down.
I never thought she would be in the running for a running mate. Not because she is a woman. But she would seem to have a little Nikki in her. That might be unfair. Just how I see it.

Para, I do not see Carson or DeSantis. My guess is the wisconson fella possibly. But a lot can change in a few months.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post