SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She won't be the pick
She stands a better chance than Kristi.
Hunter Biden stands a better chance than Kristi.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm not advocating for Tulsi here; just pointing out that she's the biggest beneficiary of Kristi Noem's implosion.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I just saw today's Megyn Kelly Podcast, documenting Kristi's screw ups on the book......THAT she read out loud for the audio book version with all the stuff she is getting blasted on!

You would think that reading and hearing it out loud, that an anecdote on shooting a puppy and meeting North Korea's Dr. Little Evil, would have indicated to her that maybe that shouldn't be in the damn book.

Posts: 4051 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Future history books will have Noem in a footnote - She who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Kristi Noem Attends Kentucky Derby To See If Any Horses Need To Be Put Down

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1329 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Kristi lying about meeting Kim and Macron is Biden level strange.

Do you suppose she might also be lying about killing the dog out of some misguided urge to prove she is tough?

It would be stupid, but so is admitting it if true.

Pathological liars can't help themselves.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17533 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Pathological liars can't help themselves.

Well, FJB is such a pathological liar that when interviewed by Robert Hur he actually lied about telling a lie when he said he worked for a law firm that was defending against a worker’s compensation lawsuit, so nothing would surprise me.

Posts: 5228 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tulsi wrecked Kamala in the 16 pres debate. She would torch her again in VP debates. She’s way more level headed and has the benefit of saying I was a democrat till they want nuts like my opponent here. Plus Hillary accused her of being a Russian plant. I don’t think that still sets well with her.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Poor Kristi cancelled at the last minute being on the Gutfeld Show last night, fleeing New York to get safely back to an undisclosed bunker in South Dakota. Her handlers said she had to leave due to bad weather. They (the entire panel) racked her over the coals. Kristi is done, stick a fork in her.

Posts: 4051 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
According to this article, Kristi is still being talked about in a positive manner by Trump. Time will tell, but I still don't believe she will get it...

Edit to add: I quoted the entire article instead of just the Kristi Noem section as it includes insight on who else he is seriously considering...

Trump Talks VPs...

The time nears for former President Donald Trump — the presumptive GOP nominee in this fall’s presidential race — to select a running mate, and potential picks appeared at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Saturday to bid for the job.

Axios got to be kind of a fly on the wall in the auditions, reporting Sunday it had obtained an audio recording of Trump speaking at a private luncheon about some of the vice presidential candidates.

A summation of Trump’s opinions of the contenders, as reported, might be expressed the way the former president himself would put it: “Great people. The best. Great people. Nobody could find such great people to be vice president. Yeah, maybe a few improvements to make, but any of them would be great.

“Great people.”

OK. While Trump’s assessments might have lacked real substance (of Utah Sen. Mike Lee: “I love your haircut!”), Axios quoted his thoughts on 11 potential running mates.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem passed one of Trump’s top tests — loyalty.

“Somebody that I love,” he said of her, according to Axios. “She’s been with me, a supporter of mine and I’ve been a supporter of her for a long time.”

And it’s no secret Noem has been campaigning for the job.

Another candidate — Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio — was wobbly on the loyalty issue, Trump said. But, according to Axios, there could be a mending of that breach.

“He wasn’t a supporter of mine at the very beginning … He was saying things like ‘the guy’s a total disaster’ … Anyways, I got to know him a little bit … As a non-politician, he’s becoming one of the great senators,” the former president said.

Positive but noncommittal regarding Vance. Remember, Trump — author of “The Art of the Deal” — can be cagey.

Then there was Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. “His name is coming up a lot for vice president,” Axios quoted Trump as saying.

But the old problem arises of one’s former opponent in a primary becoming an ally in a general election.

The former president’s deft ability to identify and label perceived weaknesses of opponents is legendary but creates a problem if he wants to campaign with someone he used to call “Little Marco” during the 2016 campaign.

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, who ran for nearly six months in the current presidential race, dropped out and campaigned hard for Trump.

That got him high Taccolades: “As a candidate he did a good job, but as a surrogate he’s unbelievable,” the former president said.

Besides praising Lee’s haircut, Trump described him as “a good man, too,” Axios reported.

He lauded the campaign ability of Tennessee’s Marsha Blackburn, elected to the U.S. Senate in 2018, saying she was “like the Energizer bunny.”

Other possible vice presidential picks included Rep. Michael Waltz of Florida, a military expert (“When I want to know about the military, I call him,” Trump said), Rep. Wesley Hunt of Texas, described as a friend (“makes the best commercials … beautiful family”), Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York (“a very smart person”) and Rep. Byron Donalds of Florida (“I like diversity — diversité, as you would say”).

Regarding the final candidate listed, North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, Trump said, “I didn’t know this: He was a supporter of my two campaigns. He’s a very rich man.”

Again, the positives of loyalty. And there’s the pragmatic aspect of something that has aided him, especially in the past — a certain independence created by one’s wealth, not to mention personal contributions that could be made to a Trump-Burgum ticket.

Donalds also is wealthy and has joined the former president in questioning the legitimacy of the presidential election of Joe Biden in 2020.

So whom should Trump pick?

Democrats, of course, tend toward tickets that provide a mixture of race and gender, as evidenced by its recent pairings: Barack Obama and Biden in 2008 and 2012, Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine in 2016, and Biden and Kamala Harris four years later.

Will that matter for Republicans? For that matter, does it appeal to the electorate in general?

So far, Trump hasn’t named his choice or even said if he has one, but based on the comments in the Axios report, the people to watch might be Scott and Noem.

And Trump being Trump, who knows?

For a vice presidential choice, a surprise may be in the offing.

Posts: 4765 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
She also shafted the Gutfeld show after booking it for her book but couldn't make it for bad weather and they lit into her something fierce.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7136 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This twit has done herself no favors. Have you ever seen anybody set their career on fire so quickly that wasn’t a pedo or other criminal ?

Just stop lady. Go back to your state and be attractive with your attractive daughters on the payroll and be a tiktoker or something.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
This is about drawing voters who aren't you. We need the middle on this one, and a lot of those are people who would respond well to a VP they think is going to challenge him and not just fall in line.

And IMO, VPs have not influenced voters in the past. Certainly Pence did not; hell, most voters had absolutely no clue who he was. Biden was not chosen to swing voters to Obama, same with Dick Cheney. The purpose of these picks were to appease their respective political parties, and IMO, Trump will be smart enough to choose someone who will stand by him in tough times.

Sarah Palin. Initially an unknown, seemingly checked all the right boxes, then all hell broke loose.

Biden was most certainly chosen to draw-in the blue-dog Dems, the faithful watchers of Charles Kuralt/Charles Osgood, the Joe Libermann-faithful etc. At the time, he was still 'Joe from Scranton' who hadn't quite fully revealed how far he was capable of inserting his feet into his mouth and, he still had some juice within the Senate.

Noem appears to have similar tendencies to Palin, not to mention the political unawareness of inserting this dog story into her book. Running a small state is the ceiling to her political capacity.

Didn't Mitt Romney describe leaving his dog on top of the family station wagon on a cross-country drive?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: corsair,

Posts: 15030 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why must republicans constantly bash other republicans who make a mistake or two? She said some things that weren't true to boost her credentials. Don't think President Trump or any other republican never did the same?

President Trump is the MAN! We need him badly. He says and does a lot of things that turn off a lot of people, but he IS a Patriot and he loves this country. I think Kristi does also. If President Trump picks her for VP I am all in.

Maybe she is toast, but do we need to vilify every conservative who has a lapse of judgement here and there? Do you EVER see democrats go after their own? Why help them tear down a solid conservative over minor transgressions?

I will support anybody who President Trump picks.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Why must republicans constantly bash other republicans who make a mistake or two?
The point I have been making throughout this thread is that it does not matter if Noem was justified or not in her actions.

What matters is the perception of the average voter, and of the general public, and this is the reason Trump cannot be aligned with Noem.
quote:
Do you EVER see democrats go after their own?
Almost never. Do you perceive this to be a good thing? Some democrat or other does and/or says something horrible, and yet, no democrats condemns those words, those actions. What does that say to you? Do you think this is the right thing to do?

That's one of the key differences between us and them: acknowledging truths even though they may damage our cause. That's the camp I want to be in. I don't want to be aligned with amoral trash who turns a blind eye to things when it is to their benefit to do so.

posted Hide Post
Sir: we can acknowledge the mistake without burning her at the cross.

I have to admit I haven't read her book. You can condemn those words without completely writing her off.

So yes, I can see where not vilifying one of your "own" is the right thing to do. It would be nice if she would fess up instead of dodging, but I'm not sure all the hate being reigned on her is justified.

I don't think there are many politicians who aren't amoral trash. We have to do the best we can to pick those who are conservative and love this country, even though they aren't perfect people.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sir: we can acknowledge the mistake without burning her at the cross.
Meaning what? Who is burning her? Did you read my first post? Have you read my comments throughout this thread?

She exercised poor judgement by allowing this story to reach the public, and as a result, she is now branded far and wide as a puppy murderer. Because of this, Donald Trump cannot pick her as his running mate. How is that burning her at the cross? I have merely acknowledged the realities of the matter.

To the leftists, being branded a puppy killer is worse than being branded a baby killer, because they're all for that, aren't they? Noem presented this mistake to leftists on a platter, and of course they will seize upon this opportunity like a pack of starving jackals.

So, who is burning her at the cross? Not I, not we.

posted Hide Post
Watching the Gutfeld clip is what made me choose those words. I was not trying to undermine your opinion of her. Yes I have read your comments.

Yes she is probably toast, and I agree that she made a huge mistake in judgement.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have to admit I haven't read her book. You can condemn those words without completely writing her off.

The book hasn't been released yet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Why must republicans constantly bash other republicans who make a mistake or two?
The point I have been making throughout this thread is that it does not matter if Noem was justified or not in her actions.

What matters is the perception of the average voter, and of the general public, and this is the reason Trump cannot be aligned with Noem.
quote:
Do you EVER see democrats go after their own?
Almost never. Do you perceive this to be a good thing? Some democrat or other does and/or says something horrible, and yet, no democrats condemns those words, those actions. What does that say to you? Do you think this is the right thing to do?

That's one of the key differences between us and them: acknowledging truths even though they may damage our cause. That's the camp I want to be in. I don't want to be aligned with amoral trash who turns a blind eye to things when it is to their benefit to do so.

The "Tongue in Cheek" answer would be: There's soooo much shit that the Dem's do, it's kinda hard to call each other out on ALLLL their bullshit.

Re- The Republicans; Unfortunately, they do. There's not a lot of solidarity amongst the ranks.
I don't know if it's good or bad in the long run.

The important thing is KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT! As in "Don't say stupid shit that's going to get your ass in trouble ie. shooting your puppy. Not DOING stupid shit would probably more prudent.

I would like to see more solidarity among the ranks. What's that saying about "Stick together, or hang separately"? It was true in 1775, and it's true today.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8506 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post