SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
and now we'll probably get Carson, or perhaps even DeSantis.

It appears DeSantis is it, if their meeting today means anything..

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a story I would have shared with the public. It comes across as a cruel and vile act, no matter the spin.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in a rural area. If a dog was raising hell / killing chickens or chasing live stock it was a death sentence for the dog, period. It was very far from a happy day for the farmer shooting the dog. It was certainly not something that he would talk about. I've never heard of anyone killing a dog because it ruined a pheasant hunt Confused Kristi Noem must think repeating this "tale" will make her seem like a bad ass. Stupid fucking bitch Mad

Posts: 7648 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the idea that it happens with some frequency in rural areas and was probably common there 20-50 years ago. The stupidity is putting it in the damn book. Always ask yourself: "What possible good can come from disclosing this information". It's especially bad when you tell the story, write it down, it goes through editing and you still don't think better of it. Poor judgement.

Noem is term limited as Governor in SD. She's already been to Congress. She wasn't going to be chosen for VP. Her chance may have been as a TV pundit, but that may be gone now. I really liked her, but this was a totally unforced error.

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some stories are better left unsaid.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having grown up in a rural area without animal control or close access to a vet, part of life is taking care of your own animals. If a problem dog or dogs attacked a person or was after livestock, the problem got resolved, usually by the owners, or in a worst case by the owner of the livestock. Nobody with any sense, however, would talk about an issue like that in a book. It is crazy that her editors overlooked that one.

Posts: 768 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could have been positioned to be the first female POTUS, but I guess you've no fucks to give.

I don't know anything about this story other than what I've read in this thread.
But still, I'm glad she won't likely be the VP pick. Even before this story I thought she wasn't ready for that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I grew up in a rural area. If a dog was raising hell / killing chickens or chasing live stock it was a death sentence for the dog, period. It was very far from a happy day for the farmer shooting the dog. It was certainly not something that he would talk about. I've never heard of anyone killing a dog because it ruined a pheasant hunt Confused Kristi Noem must think repeating this "tale" will make her seem like a bad ass. Stupid fucking bitch Mad

The whole story is she didn’t kill it until after it killed some of the neighbors’ chickens and bit her:

“Then, on the way home after the hunt, as Noem stopped to talk to a local family, Cricket escaped Noem’s truck and attacked the family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another”.

Cricket the untrainable dog, Noem writes, behaved like “a trained assassin”.

When Noem finally grabbed Cricket, she says, the dog “whipped around to bite me”. Then, as the chickens’ owner wept, Noem repeatedly apologised, wrote the shocked family a check “for the price they asked, and helped them dispose of the carcasses littering the scene of the crime”.

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.

“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.””

Link

I give her credit for being truthful. How many politicians are out there telling outright lies and getting away with it because their constituents just don’t care? Should I be shocked the New York Times chose to only repeat a portion of the story by going from the part about the pheasant hunting right to the part about she hated the dog? Or that they called it a puppy with out revealing it was 14 months old knowing full well most people would picture the adorable 4 month old puppy in their mind?

How many potential VP candidates are there that the Democrats haven’t found something about the candidate to take issue with? Maybe it’s time to take a page from their book, stand behind our people, and push back.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
She is done and done. One stupid uncalculated move, and let's not forget cruel, and a once promising life in politics reduced to rubble.

I personally would like to see DeSantis as VP. He is smart, accomplished and would be a helluva guard dog for DJT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it’s time to take a page from their book, stand behind our people, and push back.

True, but if it's the right person.
She wasn't it, even without this trainwreck of a statement.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Kristi Noem has made couple of fairly serious mis-steps since COVID that left me wondering/questioning her qualifications and/or judgement prior to this self immolating unforced error which seemingly seals her political fate w/ some certainty. Most notable IMO was her decision to veto the bill re: Title IX to protect women's sports, where she seemingly capitulated to the NCAA in justifying her decision.

I don't know re: DeSantis either though...He definitely showed his ass during his ill-advised primary bid, which indicates he may not be as 'smart' as we all once thought! At the very least, he demonstrated poor judgement and a clear need to gain more political savvy/experience in order to be successful on a national stage.

Regardless, I want whomever Trump wants for VP, and will trust his judgement on that decision implicitly.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^Case in point.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
True, but if it's the right person.
She wasn't it, even without this trainwreck of a statement.

Who would that right person be? We seem to have pilloried all the potential candidates.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JMHO - I see the MSM propaganda is taking effect. Any "bad" thing by prominent politicians will be lambasted into oblivion.

Posts: 515 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the guy with the wolf in WY, reportedly kept it alive while he had drinks in a bar.

https://www.denverpost.com/202...bile-animal-cruelty/

Both stories seem where the individuals lost touch with how things would go over in the light of day. You’d think someone along the way would say it doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Regardless of events that may happen on the open range, shouldn’t be hard to figure this out ahead of time.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who would that right person be? We seem to have pilloried all the potential candidates.

One problem with the VP slot is that most people who would be "ready to be President on Day One" don't want to be the VP. It's kind of a do-nothing job without much responsibility other than breaking a tie in the Senate.

One name coming up more often recently is Doug Burgum:

Trump and his wife, Melania, hosted Burgum and his wife, Kathryn, at Mar-a-Lago for Easter Brunch, two people familiar with the matter told Axios.

In recent weeks, the sources said, Trump frequently has brought up Burgum's name in discussions with allies.
Spokespeople for Trump and Burgum declined to comment.

The intrigue: Two sources familiar with the Trump's thinking said he likes Burgum's measured demeanor and his gubernatorial experience — and sees Burgum as reliable and low-drama.

Scoop: Gov. Doug Burgum moves up Trump's VP ladder
https://www.axios.com/2024/04/...t-contender-election

Sarah Sanders doesn't want the job.

I think I would prefer Tim Scott or even JD Vance over Doug Burgum. Ben Carson passes the loyalty test and would probably be good in the role but doesn't add much as a campaigner.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I give her credit for being truthful. How many politicians are out there telling outright lies and getting away with it because their constituents just don’t care? Should I be shocked the New York Times chose to only repeat a portion of the story by going from the part about the pheasant hunting right to the part about she hated the dog? Or that they called it a puppy with out revealing it was 14 months old knowing full well most people would picture the adorable 4 month old puppy in their mind?

How many potential VP candidates are there that the Democrats haven’t found something about the candidate to take issue with? Maybe it’s time to take a page from their book, stand behind our people, and push back.

The issue is not what she did, which according to the account from the book that you posted, though unfortunate, may have been a sound & justifiable (necessary?) act. The problem, is that she chose to write about it, which at first glance reflects poorly on her judgement. She (or certainly someone around her!) should have known this would be portrayed in the worst possible light (even lied about, if not outright, certainly by omission) in the legacy state media and by the left, as they will take every opportunity to destroy anyone that's Conservative!

That said, why did she write about it? We can all say she should've known better, but who really knows? The truth is, we actually don't know at this point. Maybe she believed this would come to light at the worst possible time and concluded it would be best to reveal it on her terms rather than trying to defend it while taking fire from all angles in the media. Time will tell.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

One problem with the VP slot is that most people who would be "ready to be President on Day One" don't want to be the VP. It's kind of a do-nothing job without much responsibility other than breaking a tie in the Senate.

I think a second Trump administration may not necessarily lead to his VP becoming POTUS. If the VP sticks by him, the MSM and liberals will be attacking from day one and make him unelectable by the end of 4 years. If he isn't loyal, he gets the Pence effect from MAGA and is unelectable. Screwed either way. I think a lot of the potential candidates are thinking they are better off just sitting it out and trying on their own in 2028.

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Noem would have been a great choice for VP, and I think she was in the top tier on the list; she is one of the few true Trump loyalists (Ben Carson is another one) on the VP list, someone who was not going to fuck Trump over in the WH. I understand her handling of animals is a fairly common approach in the farmland, but it is a huge public image problem for seeking national office. Really dumb move, she has greatly diminished her chances at a shot for national office.
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It appears DeSantis is it, if their meeting today means anything..

Ron was the one who sought out a meeting with Trump, who finally accepted. I agree with other pundits that DeSantis possibly instigated the meeting to mend ties and salvage his prior standing with MAGA voters to repair any damage to his political career.

But regardless, unless DeSantis resigns from the governorship and sets up residency in another state, I don't think he will be a VP choice. But one other Floridian has come into play in recent weeks; according to "sources within the campaign" Marco Rubio has made it on the list. Even though they had their moments during the 2016 campaign, Rubio has been on the Trump Train throughout his presidency. There is talk of a scenario of Rubio resigning from the Senate and setting up residency out of Florida, with DeSantis appointing a temporary replacement, thus opening up a run for the Senate for himself in 2028. I still think that Rubio is a long shot, I give more of a chance to Ben Carson or Tim Scott at this point, both who would be fine in the VP role.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
One name coming up more often recently is Doug Burgum

Pick this guy and kiss your chance of a second official term goodbye.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand what she was thinking? There are things you don’t need to share. What did she think was going to be the reaction? It sure created a shit storm and the left will use it over and over again. Yeah I believe it’s her directional change moment in politics.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4886 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post