SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Sarah Sanders doesn't want the job.

I don't think she'd be ready for prime time anyway. She's had a hard time finding her stride as a new governor over the past year. This is her first actual elected experience.

Posts: 32798 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
No need to bid "Farewell" to Kristi Noem. In my humble opinion she was never a viable VP candidate anyway. Much along the lines of a Sarah Palin.

Being in the position she is in she should of used better judgement in how she dealt with the aftermath of shooting the 'puppy'.

Having trained a couple of hunting dogs in my day, to a young dog, chasing chickens is no different than chasing after a pheasant. With the proper amount of training most can be trained not to do that. However, biting someone in their chicken killing frenzy is definitely a bad sign and SoDak being as rural as it is, dealing with the situation will be quick and decisive and probably unpleasant in the eyes of those living in the more populated areas.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2100 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my humble opinion she was never a viable VP candidate anyway. Much along the lines of a Sarah Palin.

Being in the position she is in she should of used better judgement in how she dealt with the aftermath of shooting the 'puppy'.

Being from South Dakota-pheasant country, I'm glad you shared your perspective.

Yeah, I agree that she's a little like Sarah Palin... and not a good VP candidate anyway.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24405 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Being a LEO, having to deal with animal control issues, I’ve come into contact with several dog owners who have killed their dogs. Some were due to attacks on people or animals. There were other reasons, but they don’t come to mind right now. None have ever done it in front of me, though.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1211 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just a few side issues, some dogs are more bity than other breeds. Regardless of that, getting between any dog that’s chasing something can result in a bite.

As a kid, we had a terrier of sorts, one time it got into an open top rabbit pen. It was inside chasing a rabbit or 2 around, I jumped in to grab it. I ended up between the dog and a rabbit, resulting in the dog biting my ankle.

This was a bite that I didn’t really blame on the dog, it was after the rabbit. Just like when I’ve seen a dog bark at someone and they think it’s ‘attacking’.

Posts: 6289 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wasn't she also tied to some adultery. That seemed to die down.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19867 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where I grew up, what Kristi did is quite normal and acceptable......due to the situation. Telling about it.......not so good.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

SD Gov. Kristi Noem having ‘absurdly blatant and public’ affair with ‘handsy’ Trump aide Corey Lewandowski...
https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/...running-mate-stakes/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24405 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least this new story means nobody is still talking about those cringy ads she did a few months ago for the cosmetic dentist who gave her free veneers. Just more proof she's not ready for prime time.

https://www.startribune.com/kr...th-dakota/600350497/

Posts: 2523 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Way up north" you will hear of bunches of them being "culled", sled dogs not up to the work, but too expensive, too numerous to keep around and care for.

I had a friend way back that had shot a few of his dogs. Old / sick ones. His view was "this if my dog, I'm not going to have some stranger kill him." I get it, but not something for most people for sure.

(I learned of this after hearing the story of him "putting someone else's dog down", and questioning it. Family fried didn't want to or couldn't bring it to the vet, so the asked him to do it. It was some giant dog like a mastiff, as it turned out the dog died before the "event", but he told the story of trying to get that monster down from upstairs and out of the house by himself.)

Posts: 21248 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
One name coming up more often recently is Doug Burgum

Pick this guy and kiss your chance of a second official term goodbye.

No lie!! He is a dirtbag. RINO. If any Republican fought him in the state legislature he dumped money into another canidate and get them voted out. Plus he made all of his money from Bill Gates. I cant wait till he is gone. I am guessing Secretary of Ag. or something. Not VP. ND doesnt have enoug delegates

Posts: 7837 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

SD Gov. Kristi Noem having ‘absurdly blatant and public’ affair with ‘handsy’ Trump aide Corey Lewandowski...

So you're saying doing it doggy style didn't do her in but doing the dog in did her in.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19867 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you're saying doing it doggy style didn't do her in but doing the dog in did her in.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 2981 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Michigan's UP where some thing like this was not unusual. People did what needed to be done, but you did not brag about it in a book. Not smart!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23954 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
While I certainly disagree with the way she handled it, and she's stupid for writting it in a book, I will say that people on farms with animals look at them as property and not pets.

I admit that when I was a kid (lived on a farm) my father and I approached a farmer for permission to hunt on his property. We didn't know the farmer, but he said he would allow us to hunt on his land if we would take care of his dog that kept killing his chickens. He already had the hole dug. We assisted with the chore and went on with life.

Killing animals on a farm/ranch is part of every day life so I don't hold that against them neccessarily.

Of course, Noem is an idiot to use this story in her bid to promote herself or her political ambitions. Some things are better left unsaid.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor judgment. We already have enough of that in Washington.

Posts: 17386 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Kristi Noem shot the link and threw it into a gravel pit.

Big Grin

Posts: 11421 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Wow. That is so funny and disturbingly true at the same time.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Maybe the story was known already so she got ahead of it and took the sting out. As already said, this happens out in the country and on farms regularly.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7979 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post