SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
If she doesn’t have enough wisdom to not put something like that in a book, she doesn’t have enough wisdom to have power over anyone. Couple that with what I’ve read about her and Corey Lewandowski and she’s unfit for sure.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4022 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I posted this on May 2 in page 5 of this thread. It bears repeating.

The constant references to her having an affair with Lewandowski are getting VERY old. The allegation was made by a single reporter. One Pedro Gonzalez in an article he authored in American Greatness. He referenced unnamed sources. No one else has ever made a claim about Noem having an affair. But of course the leftist anti-conservative MSM picked up on this, ran with it, and constantly repeats it. Those here who cite it apparently also are Pedro believers. <sigh>

I'm not defending her stupidity either. Frankly we supported Marty Jackley who ran against her for the Republican nomination for governor last time around.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, hearing that unproven bullshit "affair" again and again gets really tiresome. These media idiots keep claiming the affair is no secret and is plain as day, yet, there has been zero photographic or video proof of it. Typical unnamed source bullshit. When it comes to the corrupt media, unnamed source = fake. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Agree!

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I hadn't even heard of the Lewandowski affair until I read about it this thread and then I had to follow up on it. In reading the article it was obvious it was based on innuendo and imputation. It's empty news and seems to get brought up when someone can't think of anything else bad to say about Kristi.

As bald1 stated, and as I posted earlier, I am not defending her stupidity either. She made a serious error in judgement, but to keep throwing out this "affair" to pile on is, indeed, getting very old!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2109 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about that and I don't care and now, with the dog incident, it doesn't matter at all, except to leftists and muckrakers who are trying to eliminate her as a VP choice.

Noem has eliminated herself.

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Poor Kristi cancelled at the last minute being on the Gutfeld Show last night, fleeing New York to get safely back to an undisclosed bunker in South Dakota. Her handlers said she had to leave due to bad weather. They (the entire panel) racked her over the coals. Kristi is done, stick a fork in her.

I also thought Gutfeld was her real chance of getting normalized again. All the previous celebrities who had scandals go to late night shows to get ribbed about it and somehow it does fix their image. I just saw an old clip of George Michael on Letterman after he got caught by cops in the mens bathroom in a park.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
She also shafted the Gutfeld show after booking it for her book but couldn't make it for bad weather and they lit into her something fierce.

The way I read it, she was already in NYC and could have attended the show, but she left before taping and flew home... blaming it on bad weather back home.

Posts: 4810 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
She also shafted the Gutfeld show after booking it for her book but couldn't make it for bad weather and they lit into her something fierce.

The way I read it, she was already in NYC and could have attended the show, but she left before taping and flew home... blaming it on bad weather back home.

Could have been she had to do a new SD commercial. This time she's a septic tank pumper.

Posts: 1000 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:

I saw the show that night... the clip shown on the previous page cuts off the best part.

Gutfeld declared he was moving forward with his interview with or without Noem, bringing in Dana Perino to stand in as the governor.

“So, Dana, AKA Gov. Noem, did you write the book yourself?” Gutfeld asked...

https://twitter.com/WritingLee...c17de4b07664ada08368

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gutfeld can be a vicious dude. Of course she deserved every bit.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I saw her interview with Jesse Waters. She characterized the dog as “viscous” with a history of killing livestock and biting people.

Also said she did it herself because she doesn’t pass her responsibilities to others.

As someone who has personally put a couple of my own animals down and given those circumstances, I think I will give her a pass.

Even if other options were available, certainly less of a sin than others who have held VP or higher office have committed.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11243 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All of that is well and good, but the fact remains that the actual impediment in this instance is not what actually happened, or the apparently justifiable reasons it did happen. The impediment is the perception of what she did and what this act says about her character, and I'll reiterate that this perception is worse than it would be if she happened to be male.

The dog may have been vicious and dangerous and irredeemable and Noem may have been wholly justified in her actions, perhaps even obligated to destroy the animal as a matter of safety.

None of that matters. In the eyes of the barely-informed general public, Noem is a puppy murderer, and nothing is going to change that.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
How many people sit and think to themselves:
"Damn, If I would have just kept my mouth shut, I wouldn't be in this mess."

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8553 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Dems will leverage anything and everything against Republicans. In the meantime, I recall Dole when going against Clinton in a debate when asked about Clinton's scandal saying platitudes and that concluded, "If I were Clinton, I would simply say, 'no comment.'" When the moderator turned the question to Clinton, that's what he said, "no comment." Fuck me.

I'm surprised that she's banned from several reservations for her anti-abortion stance. Like Indians are on the forefront of women's reproductive rights???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'm surprised that she's banned from several reservations for her anti-abortion stance. Like Indians are on the forefront of women's reproductive rights???

Them folks do two things really well: Drink and fuck. Yet, their populations are not increasing much if any. Abortion is heap big business on the rez.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Petition calling for Gov. Noem to resign amasses over 20,000 signatures

Well, it's MoveOn.org, so … They display open contempt for "MAGA Republicans." And how many of those signatures even come from within the state? It would of course still have been better had she not given them this peg for them to hang their hat on.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Commercials featuring her and South Dakota have continued unabated. Almost as prevalent as My Pillow.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been said time and time again in this thread, but to reiterate, her miscalculation was in believing that this anecdote would enhance her credibility as a decisive leader. able to make hard decisions. Instead it made her look heartless and cruel. Not qualities most admire in a leader.

Posts: 2536 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Commercials featuring her and South Dakota have continued unabated. Almost as prevalent as My Pillow.

Yeah... clever using the state budget to create a high-profile and plaster her image everywhere...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post