SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Maybe the story was known already so she got ahead of it and took the sting out.

If that was the intent, I don't think it worked.

Posts: 3459 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Probably some truth in getting it out, although other than her and a family member or two, who would ever know.

It's part of life on a farm/ranch, the people that don't like it will never understand it, and now that it's out it's no longer surprise Breaking News stuff..

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Maybe the story was known already so she got ahead of it and took the sting out. As already said, this happens out in the country and on farms regularly.

But then the smart thing to do would have been to say how it broke her heart to have to put it down, but that animal just wasn't safe to have around people.

Posts: 9709 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Which means her judgement is not up to par.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Posting this here mainly because he thinks Noem is still in the running, and also because of his opinions about Gabbard.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve actually been a fan of Gabbard for quite a while now, so I’m actually happy to see that her name is coming up in these types of talks. Even when she was a democrat I liked her position on several topics. I don’t agree with every political opinion of hers and that’s ok. I think she would be a good choice for a VP pick. But that’s just my opinion.

Posts: 720 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t want anyone with that kind of judgement governing anyone. It’s hard to believe anyone that has achieved the things she has is that much of a fool. Next!

Posts: 1151 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tulsi was our congress critter when we lived in Hawaii.
I think a lot of us give her more credit than she deserves because she is attractive and has a very pleasant voice. But her policies have been all over the place, and I definitely don't think she would be a good fit with President Trump; nor that she has the experience and other attributes needed to step into the job in the near or not so near future.

As far as Noem is concerned, she does have executive experience, but of a very low population state; and has made several missteps that do raise questions about her judgement.

Posts: 18337 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
I’ve actually been a fan of Gabbard for quite a while now, so I’m actually happy to see that her name is coming up in these types of talks. Even when she was a democrat I liked her position on several topics. I don’t agree with every political opinion of hers and that’s ok. I think she would be a good choice for a VP pick. But that’s just my opinion.

She's a leftist through and through.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think he's right on either count. I think Noem is poison now, and would be a constant drag on Trump's campaign, an I don't think Gabbard is going to be Trump's choice, either.

DeSantis would pull in voters from the right from those who support him, because with Trump having four years and out, DeSantis would be positioned for what he and his supporters want.

Carson would be a good choice as well, despite the perception that he's too gentle.

Kari Lake, I don't know, but it's possible.

It's getting to be time for Donald Trump to make his choice. This is May. The convention is in August. If he wants to wait, fine, but every Goddamned thing to do with this election is moving in slow motion. I am certain there is plenty I do not understand about the timing of this announcement, but for God's sake, get on with it.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
True converts are oft times the strongest adherents. Candice Owens, Dave Ruben, Jesse Petersen, Jordan Petersen, Andrew Klavan, Thomas Sowell are excellent examples. If they can become ardent principled conservatives who fight to defend constitutional freedoms, Tulsi Gabbard can. While her -forgive the term- transition may be recent and still in progress, I thinks it’s genuine and would trust her as VP.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29901 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Kristi is cooked.

It’ll be Tulsi.

Tulsi represents the middle ground to bring those positions of the general populace closer together. You don’t have to like everything about her. Fine. She’s no Teddy Roosevelt by any stretch but it’s the same dynamic. If Trump is going to ask the moderate democratic voter to leave the Democratic Party and vote for him in the next election who else would be better to give them a reason to do that than someone who just did that very same thing?

Desantis, though I believe him to be a freaking awesome governor, brings nothing to the table in terms of voter movement. If you’re going to vote for trump then your’re going to vote for trump. If Desantis is on the ticket does he add a compelling reason for a democrat to change their party vote? Probably not IMO. The mainstream media already pegged him as a Trump 2.0 extremist three years ago.

In this era of party polarization and identity politics it’d be a smart move to ask Tulsi.

And to say she’s “a leftist through and through” is just not a learned opinion. Have you listened or researched any of her thoughts and opinions in the last few years? Hell, she’s on my youtube and podcasts five times a day doing interviews. Look it up.

0:01

Posts: 4278 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just because Gabbard has publicly stated she would accept the position does not mean Trump will pick her, but now, all of a sudden, a lot of people think she's the choice. Why? What has Donald Trump said about her recently?

I haven't sought out remarks he's made about Gabbard, if any, but I think Trump is wary of those who are too eager.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I hope for the guy from WI. DeSantis being from Fl. does nothing for Trump. The two of them seem like oil and water.
My second choice Is Vivek.

If it is going to be female there has to one to make sense other than those being suggested. Of those I would say Lake. But a new comer would be best imho.

At this point trying to appease people is a recipe for disappoint and failure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Doug Burgum will be his choice of VP. He was on WABC radio in NY yesterday.
Why would he show up to NY?

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Political suicide. Burgum is not going to energize anyone, and neither is he going to attract anyone (the other side or the independent) over to Trump's side.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Elise Stefanik in the mix at one time with Trump even commenting on how much he liked her and her style of attacking the dems? Or has she fallen into disfavor somehow? It seems to me everyone waits to hear who the VP is and then it generates excitement for a couple days afterwards but by election time no one cares who it is and they don't base their vote on it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8611 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't think he's right on either count. I think Noem is poison now, and would be a constant drag on Trump's campaign, an I don't think Gabbard is going to be Trump's choice, either.

DeSantis would pull in voters from the right from those who support him, because with Trump having four years and out, DeSantis would be positioned for what he and his supporters want.

Carson would be a good choice as well, despite the perception that he's too gentle.

Kari Lake, I don't know, but it's possible.

It's getting to be time for Donald Trump to make his choice. This is May. The convention is in August. If he wants to wait, fine, but every Goddamned thing to do with this election is moving in slow motion. I am certain there is plenty I do not understand about the timing of this announcement, but for God's sake, get on with it.

I agree... I don't think he's right on either count. I think Noem is poison now, and would be a constant drag on Trump's campaign, an I don't think Gabbard is going to be Trump's choice, either.

With DeSantis you would have a 12th Amendment problem which sort of bans presidential and VP candidates from same state.

The amendment, titled “Electing the President and Vice President,” says this in regard to the presidential and vice presidential candidates on a ticket: "one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves."

The RNC convention is Mon, Jul 15, 2024 – Thu, Jul 18, 2024 in Milwaukee. It's the Democrat convention that isn't until August.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Rep. Elise Stefanik from New York would be a nice choice, IMO. Very smart young lady.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2430 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Point of Order...She wasn't on 'our side' when it came to FISA and the most recent 'War Funding' bills!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post