SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell, Kristi Noem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Kristi Noem Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
GMAFB

Hell, even our beloved Ronald Reagan was a Democrat and held some views earlier in life that changed over time. I will watch Tulsi closely. As people age they see things in different ways, I know I have. I was a Democrat pre Jimmy C. but he was the one that caused me to change parties. You live and you learn. And I am to this day am not 100% locked in to either parties' agenda.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2935 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Exactly. Which means her judgement is not up to par.
This. Sometimes you have to put animals down. That is part of farm/ranch life. It is an unpleasant task that you take care of and move on. You don’t need to discuss it, whether you personally put the animal down by whatever means or called a vet out and paid them to do it. It isn’t something you discuss.

If someone can’t “read the room” well enough to understand that while a relatively small segment of us understand it is an occasionally necessary though unpleasant chore, many would be appalled, then they should stick to farming or ranching and forget politics.

Posts: 7041 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I think this is much to do about nothing. Can we keep our eye on the prize plz.

Move along.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^
Ben Carson is a Trump loyalist to the core. It is almost a guarantee that he would not fuck over Trump like Pence or any of the other traitors. IMO, he would make an excellent choice for VP.

Yes. Ben Carson would make an excellent choice for VP.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I think this is much to do about nothing. Can we keep our eye on the prize plz.

Move along.
Then, you simply do not understand what has happened.

Once again, it does not matter if she was right or wrong in her actions. Does not matter.

What matters is the perception of who she is and how callous she can be. If you say this means nothing, then you are failing to understand that because she is now a puppy murderer in the eyes of the average voter, Donald Trump cannot choose her as his running mate. Therefore, she's done. She had a chance to be Trump's VP choice, and because of the new perception of her, she has been eliminated as his pick.

If you can't understand that...

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If I can disagree here, than I do.
I do not see it like that. She would not necessarily be my choice. But if she is his. I am good with that and lets get on with it (the election).

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19675 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
As a reminder, it’s not really the strong Trump supporter that’s the concern. Of course there can be reservations and problems/issues with the story.

It’s more about those that are persuadable on the fence. Case in point, Brandon ostensibly won WI in 2020 by 20,000 votes.

I’d think she’d have issues with the dog story even in SD, but nationwide it’s more problematic.

Regardless of how events transpired, putting it in the book was a mistake. That silly thing about Quayle spelling potato wrong was much more minor, but in the lefty media for years.

Posts: 6377 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
If I can disagree here, than I do.
You can disagree all you like, if you don't mind looking like you have no understanding of politics.
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I’d think she’d have issues with the dog story even in SD, but nationwide it’s more problematic.
Can you imagine the level of non-stop static the left would generate if Noem were to the the VP pick? It would become the ultimate distraction from the real issues this country faces, and there's not a person in this forum who wouldn't become sick to death of the non-stop bullshit the left would be slinging over Kristi the Puppy Murderer. Every single issue, every single conversation, would be instantly derailed by the subject.

There is simply no way that Donald Trump or any one of his advisers would now consider Noem as the VP for a millisecond.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I don't trust her, and I don't think Trump should either.

Right, but if he picks her, are you going to not vote for him?

This is about drawing voters who aren't you. We need the middle on this one, and a lot of those are people who would respond well to a VP they think is going to challenge him and not just fall in line. I don't have a problem with Trump trying to give the perception that this is what he's doing and that his VP could or would be a moderating influence on him.

We need Trump in office, bottom line. If we get that, I don't particularly care if it happens by picking a running mate the MAGA diehards don't like and wouldn't vote for. We need to appeal to moderates if we're going to hope to have a change to swing to our agenda after the election.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
This is about drawing voters who aren't you. We need the middle on this one, and a lot of those are people who would respond well to a VP they think is going to challenge him and not just fall in line.

And I strongly disagree that a particular VP choice will "sway" voters who are undecided to Trump. With Trump, people have made up their minds, and a VP choice will not push them to vote Trump. And the middle will vote for Trump; the hispanics, the blacks, people who are not political and rarely vote in elections. The economy and the border clusterfuck will be deciding factors. And IMO, VPs have not influenced voters in the past. Certainly Pence did not; hell, most voters had absolutely no clue who he was. Biden was not chosen to swing voters to Obama, same with Dick Cheney. The purpose of these picks were to appease their respective political parties, and IMO, Trump will be smart enough to choose someone who will stand by him in tough times.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
gets worse

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaa...s-interview-n2173790

Brennan quoted a portion of the book in which Noem reminisced about an alleged meeting with Kim Jong-un, and then asked her whether that meeting happened. Noem wrote:

“I remember when I met with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. I’m sure he underestimated me, having no clue about my experience staring down little tyrants. I have been a children’s pastor after all.”

Syd Seiler, a former U.S. intelligence officer who spent decades working on issues between the U.S. and North Korea, told the Associated Press no such meeting occurred:

Brennan then attempted to clarify, saying, "So, you did not meet with Kim Jong-un?" Noem replied:

No, I have met with many, many world leaders, many world leaders. I have traveled around the world. I think I have talked extensively in this book about my time serving in Congress, my time as governor, before governor, some of the travels that I have had. I’m not going to talk about my specific meetings with world leaders, I’m just not going to do that. This anecdote shouldn’t have been in the book. And as soon as it was brought to my attention, I made sure that that was adjusted.

I take responsibility for that being in the book. And as soon as it was brought to my attention, I asked for it to be changed. So I’m glad that the release date is in a couple of days. And we’re excited to talk to America about my new book, “No Going Back.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder if she even read any of her own book, let alone actually wrote any of it herself.

Posts: 2530 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
“No Going Back.”
You've got that right, sister.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Yep, if this book's release was suppose to put her on the big stage in a good way......it ain't working. She has demonstrated poor judgement by either:

A. Writing the book and filling it with crap such as shooting the dog and "meeting" little Dr. Evil From North Korea. Which shows massively poor judgement.

OR

b. Hiring a closet lefty to write it and put all the bad squirrel nut shit in it. Which would also show massively poor judgement.

She could have been a contender, now she will be remembered as a pretender.

Posts: 4051 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
So her little tyrant was a composite tyrant? Like Obama’s girlfriend was a composite girlfriend? Listen Kristi, what works for one demographic is not license for other less preferable demographics.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29901 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note to self; Carefully read and edit your own books, BEFORE being published.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3625 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Six Reasons Why Tulsi Gabbard Is Donald Trump’s Best Choice as a Running Mate

Will Gabbard help Trump more in 2024 than Pence did in 2016? I think the answer is an unequivocal yes.

By Richard Truesdell
May 3, 2024

https://amgreatness.com/2024/0...e-as-a-running-mate/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Tulsi is not the answer, she's loyal to Tulsi, and that's it.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She won't be the pick

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She won't be the pick

She stands a better chance than Kristi.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17533 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post