SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Consider how "Russian Collusion" has evolved from the fall of 2016 to now. The Ukraine boondoggle is only 4 weeks old. Would it be surprising to find out things aren't as they're being portrayed? Same players different story.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Maybe the biolabs in Ukraine were a way to funnel dirty money around, maybe more. You be the judge. Too much to post here.

It is interesting that some of this information was obtained from the infamous Hunter Biden laptop that the FBI has had for several years.

Hunter Biden Bio Firm Partnered With Ukrainian Researchers ‘Isolating Deadly Pathogens’ Using Funds From Obama’s Defense Department.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...ith-ukraine-biolabs/

Tried to read it website had to many cookies/popups/etc to view it.

I wouldn't put too much weight into the biolabs being more than normal medical research, food safety, and other non-nefarious things. If there is a bioweapons lab somewhere, it's one of thirty labs, not all thirty (or whatever the number rumored). From what I've read it's all BSL-2 labs no 3/4. Could be that there's some crazy crap going on, but I think is more likely they are doing normal food safety, health, and medicinal research. Again I can't rule out some underground funding or other shady shit, but short of direct evidence, I'm not going to assume it.

Per the State Department (per press release/'Fact Sheets' on their website) re: Ukraine there's at least one BSL-3 'Biolab' in Ukraine. Exactly what they were doing there is unconfirmed, but we DO know the both the US State Dept. and the US Defense Dept. were involved, and that they were denying any labs existed at all until Victoria Nuland make an 'awkward' admission re: those 'Biolabs' during a Senate hearing. The mere fact that they didn't want anyone to know about it raises SERIOUS questions!

ETA - 'Skins', you need an AdBlocker, dude... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
quote:
Maybe the biolabs in Ukraine were a way to funnel dirty money around, maybe more. You be the judge. Too much to post here.

It is interesting that some of this information was obtained from the infamous Hunter Biden laptop that the FBI has had for several years.

Hunter Biden Bio Firm Partnered With Ukrainian Researchers ‘Isolating Deadly Pathogens’ Using Funds From Obama’s Defense Department.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...ith-ukraine-biolabs/

Tried to read it website had to many cookies/popups/etc to view it.

I wouldn't put too much weight into the biolabs being more than normal medical research, food safety, and other non-nefarious things. If there is a bioweapons lab somewhere, it's one of thirty labs, not all thirty (or whatever the number rumored). From what I've read it's all BSL-2 labs no 3/4. Could be that there's some crazy crap going on, but I think is more likely they are doing normal food safety, health, and medicinal research. Again I can't rule out some underground funding or other shady shit, but short of direct evidence, I'm not going to assume it.

Per the State Department (per press release/'Fact Sheets' on their website) re: Ukraine there's at least one BSL-3 'Biolab' in Ukraine. Exactly what they were doing there is unconfirmed, but we DO know the both the US State Dept. and the US Defense Dept. were involved, and that they were denying any labs existed at all until Victoria Nuland make an 'awkward' admission re: those 'Biolabs' during a Senate hearing. The mere fact that they didn't want anyone to know about it raises SERIOUS questions!

ETA - 'Skins', you need an AdBlocker, dude... Wink

It was never a secret. There has been a public page on US funding of labs in Ukraine on the State Department’s webpage for the US embassy to Ukraine since early 2020.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/embas...t-reduction-program/

The US funds scientific research and programs all over the world and has for a long time.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^True, was not a secret, and I never said it was a secret...But then they started scrubbing info from the State Dept website and publicly denying the existence of ANY Biolabs when Russia started making noise about it & invaded Ukraine!

And another truth - The US funds scientific research and programs all over the world...Even in Wuhan! Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cials-say/ar-AAVsGHu

WASHINGTON (Reuters)

U.S. defense officials told reporters this week that the Pentagon assesses that Russia has launched more than 1,100 missiles of all kinds since the war began. The U.S. officials have so far not said how many of those hit their targets and how many failed to do so.

Citing U.S. intelligence, three U.S. officials said the United States estimated that Russia's failure rate varied day-to-day, depended on the type of missile being launched, and could sometimes exceed 50%. Two of them said it reached as high as 60%.

One of the officials said the intelligence showed that Russia's air-launched cruise missiles had a failure rate in the 20 to 60% range, depending on the day.

Russia has been seen fielding two types of air-launched cruise missiles in Ukraine, the Kh-555 and Kh-101, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank's Missile Defense Project.

Reuters could not determine what a standard failure rate would be for air-launched cruise missiles. Two experts interviewed by Reuters said any failure rate of 20% and above would be considered high.

The United States believes Russia fired air-launched cruise missiles from Russian airspace earlier this month when it attacked a Ukrainian military base near the Polish border, and one of the U.S. officials told Reuters there was a particularly high failure rate during this attack. The strike killed 35 people, according to Ukrainian authorities.

Missile attacks have been a feature of Russia's invasion, with Russia announcing strikes against military targets including weapons depots.

The invasion has killed thousands and driven a quarter of Ukraine's 44 million people from their homes. The bombardment has hit residential areas, schools and hospitals in Ukrainian cities including Kharkiv and the besieged port of Mariupol on the Sea of Azov.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
One of the officials said the intelligence showed that Russia's air-launched cruise missiles had a failure rate in the 20 to 60% range, depending on the day.

Wonder why Putin is having migraines....not only is the military's General Staff highly questionable in their competence in planning and intelligence but, the capabilities of their own weapons have a giant probability range.
quote:
Missile attacks have been a feature of Russia's invasion, with Russia announcing strikes against military targets including weapons depots.

Rocket and artillery saturation is how the Soviets won WWII; if it worked then, it'll work today. Russian army doctrine revolves around their artillery.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^True, was not a secret, and I never said it was a secret...But then they started scrubbing info from the State Dept website and publicly denying the existence of ANY Biolabs when Russia started making noise about it & invaded Ukraine!

And another truth - The US funds scientific research and programs all over the world...Even in Wuhan! Roll Eyes

After reading the article, I still see nothing that says they were doing anything evil. Yes we fund all sorts of research here and around the globe. They did a horrible job of scrubbing the information as it's still available on public government webpages.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
In short, Russia has a significant, but not controlling share in European energy, and is about to see it plummet. If they turned off the gas valve tomorrow, there certainly would be some hardship, and any way this goes I'm certain there will be further rising cost with all the economic effects that entails. But as Chancellor Olaf Scholz said in his address yesterday in a slight variation, freedom ain't free, and it's unlikely anyone will freeze because we ran out of gas.

Coming back to this ... even I am sursprised at the pace at which Germany intends to cut itself from Russian energy imports. Coal is to be replaced entirely by this fall, half of the oil by summer and "most" of it by year's end. Just a couple weeks ago I thought gas might take up to five years, the time it usual needs to get new LNG terminals up and running, but the Russian share in the supply of Germany is to be cut from 55 to 30 percent at the end of this year already, too; apparently a floating terminal can be brought in a couple months down the road in addition to the aforementioned redundancy of the European pipeline grid. So complete replacement may go much faster. Hooray for global markets - sucks to be a dictatorship which depends on energy exports for half of its national revenue and perceived political power.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

After reading the article, I still see nothing that says they were doing anything evil. Yes we fund all sorts of research here and around the globe. They did a horrible job of scrubbing the information as it's still available on public government webpages.

I posted it because Hunter Biden and John Kerry's sons were profiting from the labs. You know the smartest man "Joe" has ever met and the one collecting 10% for the Big Guy.

I also remember that the United States was conducting gain of function research on bat viruses at the University of North Carolina. When a ban against gain of function was implemented the research was then continued by the U. S. via funding to Eco Health Alliance which gave the money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Then in Senate hearings Fauchi call Senator Rand Paul a liar when this was exposed.

We were told by our Government that covid was naturally occurring and that any speculation it was created in a Wuhan lab was a conspiracy theory.

Should we take them at their word this time?

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How do we know that the 'Fact Sheets'/other data that were taken down off of the website, are the same info you're finding there now? The fact is that there was a unified campaign of denial by the State Dept. and the Defense Dept. that ANY 'Biolabs' existed at all in Ukraine prior to the Victoria Nuland admission in response to Rubio's question.

Unfortunately, the US .gov has a proven track record of LYING about things related to 'Biolabs', so I'm a bit skeptical that they're completely forthcoming on the subject. Again, the fact that the denied it at any time leave me to question EVERYTHING they're saying on the subject!

Here's a Tucker Carlson segment that aired on Friday 3/10, which was a follow up to the original story from the prior day re: Victoria Nuland's Senate testimony. You be the judge...

Live Free or Die!

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In short, Russia has a significant, but not controlling share in European energy, and is about to see it plummet. If they turned off the gas valve tomorrow, there certainly would be some hardship, and any way this goes I'm certain there will be further rising cost with all the economic effects that entails. But as Chancellor Olaf Scholz said in his address yesterday in a slight variation, freedom ain't free, and it's unlikely anyone will freeze because we ran out of gas.

Coming back to this ... even I am sursprised at the pace at which Germany intends to cut itself from Russian energy imports. Coal is to be replaced entirely by this fall, half of the oil by summer and "most" of it by year's end. Just a couple weeks ago I thought gas might take up to five years, the time it usual needs to get new LNG terminals up and running, but the Russian share in the supply of Germany is to be cut from 55 to 30 percent at the end of this year already, too; apparently a floating terminal can be brought in a couple months down the road in addition to the aforementioned redundancy of the European pipeline grid. So complete replacement may go much faster. Hooray for global markets - sucks to be a dictatorship which depends on energy exports for half of its national revenue and perceived political power.

Ummm...that ain't what your new Chancellor seems to be saying:

"Western unity" Biden to Europe: boycott Russian energy exports! Germany's Scholz: No, as this "would mean plunging our country and all of Europe into recession. [...] It serves no one’s interests."

Germany’s leader says a boycott of Russian energy would imperil ‘hundreds of thousands of jobs.’ // Germany, Europe’s largest economy, has been the most prominent opponent of a boycott of Russian energy. It relies on Russia for about 55 percent of its natural gas, 35 percent of its oil and half its coal.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worth the watch if you are interested in the subject. Really starts to make you think after the 18 minute mark, when he starts reviewing the Anthrax attack on the U.S. in 2001.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden Just Implied the 82nd Airborne is Going into Ukraine – “You are going to see when you are there”

Earlier today Joe Biden landed in Rzeszow, Poland, to get a firsthand look at international efforts to help some of the millions of Ukrainian refugees fleeing war in their country. While there he delivered remarks to the 82nd Airborne who are bolstering NATO’s eastern flank.

During his remarks, Joe Biden stated the troops are going to see heroic acts by the ordinary men and women of Ukraine. He directly implied the 82nd airborne unit was going into Ukraine, and stated “you are going to see when you are there.” Standing next to Biden while those statements were made, is U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin. No one attempted to stop Biden from publicly saying we were sending troops into Ukraine.

https://theconservativetreehou...e-there/#more-230574

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Putin is trying to scale back without admitting he has lost.

We never really wanted to take Kiev…yeah, thats the ticket Roll Eyes

“Moscow signalled on Friday it was scaling back its ambitions in Ukraine to focus on territory claimed by Russian-backed separatists as Ukrainian forces went on the offensive to recapture towns on the outskirts of the capital Kyiv.”

“In an announcement that appeared to indicate more limited goals, the Russian Defence Ministry said a first phase of its operation was mostly complete and it would now focus on "liberating" the breakaway eastern Donbass region.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/...s-poland-2022-03-25/

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's assuming a "right now, before we're ready" embargo. By what I'm seeing, total cutoff will still need a little over two years.

quote:
Germany seeks to wean itself off Russian energy imports

3h ago

Economy Minister Robert Habeck has announced a plan to halve Russian oil intake by the summer. Germany is also trying to stop coal imports by early autumn.

Germany's Economy Minister Robert Habeck said on Friday that the country is planning to almost completely end Russian energy imports by the end of the year.

Habeck, a member of the Green Party, said the plan meant that a considerable amount of progress would be made in a short space of time, as the West is rushing to wean itself off Russian energy amidst the invasion of Ukraine. Before the war began and the subsequent heavy sanctions targeting Russia, Germany received 50% of its coal, 55% of its gas, and 35% of its oil from Moscow.

"By the middle of the year, Russian oil imports to Germany are expected to be halved. By the end of the year, we aim to be almost independent," a document published by the Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action said. The plan also calls for coal deliveries from Russia to end by the autumn.

Habeck confirmed that current contracts with Russian companies to import energy will not be renewed. He also acknowledged that Germany would only be able to wean itself off Russian gas deliveries by mid-2024.

Germany looks to US, Qatar to meet energy demands

"In the past few weeks, we have undertaken intensive efforts with all the relevant actors to import fewer fossil fuels from Russia and broaden the basis of our supply," the minister told reporters. Already, he said, Russia's share of German oil imports had fallen to less than a quarter.

His statement came on the same day that US President Joe Biden and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced a sweeping new deal to increase liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports from the United States to the EU.

Habeck himself recently returned from a visit to Qatar where he also secured deals for more LNG imports from the Gulf nation.

Germany is also planning to build its own LNG terminals. Currently, the gas is shipped to terminals in the Netherlands or Belgium before being transported to Germany.

https://m.dw.com/en/germany-se...y-imports/a-61257187

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
We never really wanted to take Kiev...yeah, thats the ticket Roll Eyes

With the US DoD saying the Ukrainians still have some 90% of their pre-invasion military assets, I wonder how many people this will free up to fight in the east and south. It seems to me that it's a lot harder for Russia to tie down troops from purely defensive positions than it is if Russia is on the offensive.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Worth the watch if you are interested in the subject. Really starts to make you think after the 18 minute mark, when he starts reviewing the Anthrax attack on the U.S. in 2001.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe class="rumble" frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://rumble.com/embed/vugco9/?pub=sxx5h" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Sure does make you go 'Hmmm' doesn't it...

Serious conclusions can be drawn, and Serious questions should be asked. And yet, they wonder why we don't believe what they (the US .gov) are saying. Maybe it's because of all the LYING! Roll Eyes

Live Free or Die!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:...
“In an announcement that appeared to indicate more limited goals, the Russian Defence Ministry said a first phase of its operation was mostly complete and it would now focus on "liberating" the breakaway eastern Donbass region.”

Would be nice, if Ukraine "shut and locked the border" while the Soviets begin their retreat..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.businessinsider.co...-ukraine-2022-3?op=1

Ukraine said it killed Russian Lt. Gen. Yakov Rezantsev, Russia's 49th Combined Arms Army commander.

He's said to be the seventh general to have died in battle since Russia invaded Ukraine in February.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Joe Biden Just Implied the 82nd Airborne is Going into Ukraine – “You are going to see when you are there”
You oughtta know by now you can't really depend upon anything Creepy Uncle Joe has to say as being particularly meaningful.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post