SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Re: the Russkies saying they’re “scaling back”

I don’t trust these fuckers as far as I can throw them, they’ve shown before that they are a bunch of lying cocksuckers.

Just before they invaded Ukraine, they “pulled back“ and started “redeploying back to Russia“, then suddenly just went in heavy and hard.

What’s to say this is not another fake out by them?

Like I said, I don’t trust these assholes one bit with anything.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldnt surprise me to see the "scaling back" is a way to create distance for his troops so he can use a tactical nuke.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Re: the Russkies saying they’re “scaling back”

Just before they invaded Ukraine, they “pulled back“ and started “redeploying back to Russia“, then suddenly just went in heavy and hard.

What’s to say this is not another fake out by them?

Agreed. My gut instinct is that they will scale back military operations in Ukraine, not because their initial goals have been met, but reality and pragmatism are setting in, and President Putin is being forced to recalculate his plans for the country and the region...

... but, it would be a mistake for the West to assume that this war is over or that President Putin is done fighting.

Best case scenario, even if all Russian troops were withdrawn from Ukraine and rebuilding starts to take place, Europe, NATO, and the West must assume that Russia intends on future aggression/ expansion unless/ until President Putin is replaced, and even then a close eye must be kept on them... while simultaneously watching for the other threats in the world.

This ain't over yet.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden bizarrely compares Poland taking in two million Ukrainian refugees fleeing the Russian invasion to the crisis at America's southern border during meeting with Polish President

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...isis-U-S-border.html

'The fact that you have so many Ukrainians seeking refuge in this country of Poland,' Biden said

'We understand that because we have, at our southern border, thousands of people per day literally, not figuratively, trying to get into the United States'

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Biden bizarrely compares Poland taking in two million Ukrainian refugees fleeing the Russian invasion to the crisis at America's southern border during meeting with Polish President

'The fact that you have so many Ukrainians seeking refuge in this country of Poland,' Biden said

'We understand that because we have, at our southern border, thousands of people per day literally, not figuratively, trying to get into the United States'

I don't see the issue with the comparison, Poland has taken in nearly as many refugees as we allow in as illegal immigrants per year under Biden. The only difference is the Ukrainians are probably coming over with more money and a higher level of respect for their host country. Also the big difference is the Ukrainians will eventually go home, our 'guests' need to be forcibly removed and we only try to remove the tiniest fraction of them. Now that I think about it, the countries around the globe should be sending us money and supplies for our invaders.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I don't see the issue with the comparison, Poland has taken in nearly as many refugees as we allow in as illegal immigrants per year under Biden. The only difference is the Ukrainians are probably coming over with more money and a higher level of respect for their host country. Also the big difference is the Ukrainians will eventually go home, our 'guests' need to be forcibly removed and we only try to remove the tiniest fraction of them. Now that I think about it, the countries around the globe should be sending us money and supplies for our invaders.

Biden created our border crisis. Poland did not create theirs. Biden bringing up the comparison highlights his own failure.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:...I don't know if there'd be a way to use tanks right in a setting like Ukraine--where everybody and their siblings are totin' MANPADs capable of taking-out the latest armor....

Russia's strategy is long term starvation and then capitulation of the Ukrainian people.

The Russians armored divisions are tying up all the Ukraine farming resources requiring massive employment of tractors, hauling away destroyed and useless armor and support vehicles.

A whole nation of skinny Ukrainian people by winter, and easily taken over.

Genius.

On the serious side, I too, distrust the Soviet KGB agent and his desire to make a name/place in history.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Shades of the Homoldor then? The Nazis, Stalin, Chernobyl and now Mother Russia.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
As to the original question (Re: "Is that idiot Biden gonna...?": This was unwise, unless that's his goal:
quote:

Biden declares Putin 'cannot remain in power' in fiery Warsaw remarks
BY ALEX GANGITANO - 03/26/22 02:07 PM EDT

President Biden on Saturday said that Russian President Vladimir Putin can’t remain in power and hit the autocrat over the destruction the American leader says Putin is wreaking on the Ukrainian people.
Full article: Biden declares Putin 'cannot remain in power' in fiery Warsaw remarks

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This demented old fool keeps poking the Russian bear, you’d think he wants a hot war with Russia.

Jesus H Christmas Eek

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-into-war/ar-AAVqE73

Repeated attempts by the United States’ top defense and military leaders to speak with their Russian counterparts have been rejected by Moscow for the last month, leaving the world’s two largest nuclear powers in the dark about explanations for military movements and raising fears of a major miscalculation or battlefield accident.

Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have tried to set up phone calls with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and Gen. Valery Gerasimov but the Russians “have so far declined to engage,” said Pentagon spokesman John Kirby in a statement Wednesday.

“We must avoid a scenario of NATO and Russia sleepwalking into war because senior leaders can’t pick up a phone and explain to each other what is happening,” he added.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maybe Austin and Milley want to talk about "wokeness"

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
White House official explains what Biden actually tried to say: “The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change.”

don't believe your lying ears

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We have a President whose words cannot be taken at face value, but rather they need to be interpreted for us by his staff. That’s just great!

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Wouldnt surprise me to see the "scaling back" is a way to create distance for his troops so he can use a tactical nuke.

Never happen. Nukes aren't magic - if Russia can't beat Ukraine wih conventional weapons, they cannot do it with nukes.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden created our border crisis. Poland did not create theirs. Biden bringing up the comparison highlights his own failure.

Uhhhh… No. He did not create our border crisis. We’ve had a border crisis since the 70’s. He may have exacerbated things to make it a whole lot worse currently, but he did not create it. That’s giving him waaaaaay too much credit.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does the White House have to rush and correct EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING this demented assclown says nowadays??

You never saw this with Trump. He was very clear when he spoke, never any of this “ well, what he really meant to say was…“ NONSENSE Mad

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This demented old fool keeps poking the Russian bear, you’d think he wants a hot war with Russia.

Jesus H Christmas Eek

Yup. It is a trying time. I am all in for Ukraine. They are kicking butt. I'm all for sending them any assistance they need.

But no troops. I'm pretty isolationist. If I were king for a day there would be no troops in any NATO country that does not meet the 2% threshold.

(I'm looking at you Germany)

I'm tired of American blood being shed for other countries freedom, especially when they barely kick in.

UA is going to win. It will be a slugfest, and there will be MANY casualties. But UA will win.

These people are fighting for their country. I'm all for giving them every tool in the tool box.

I'm an old broken down tank mechanic. I don't know shit about fixing Russian tanks.

Kind of wish I did.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Uhhhh… No. He did not create our border crisis. We’ve had a border crisis since the 70’s. He may have exacerbated things to make it a whole lot worse currently, but he did not create it. That’s giving him waaaaaay too much credit.

Joe Biden was first elected to the senate in 1972. Perhaps just enough credit.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Nukes aren't magic - if Russia can't beat Ukraine wih conventional weapons, they cannot do it with nukes.

I agree and disagree. The atomic bombs didn’t defeat Japan, but their use was certainly a significant factor in convincing Hirohito that they had fought long enough and it was time to surrender.

As I ponder the question, I cannot help but wonder whether Putin would resort to using a tactical nuke as a way of saying, “See: This demonstrates how far I will go to achieve my goals in this war.” As police officers are frequently heard saying, “Stop resisting!”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1507788878522064903

short video at link

biden: "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power"